[App] [01/26/2009] TouchResponse 0.3.2 - Vibrate on touch

Search This thread

Darmach

Dec 28, 2008
Unfortunately on LG KS20 with KisS WM6.1 Touchresponse is unusable ;(

It messes touchscreen inputs - clicks are interpreted properly (but not always), but for ex screen scrolling (Up/Down) is all messed up ;(

Can something be fixed with this ROM ?

Im using KisS WM 6.1 20.4 ROM

dear SnailSlug, do you know why touchresponse behaves like this in WM6.1 KS20?

MacDegger

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 20, 2008
Same problem as Superman! v3 bricked my phone! Goes through first boot (smartmobility with red OS/Radio versionnumbers), then NOTHING. Black screen, backlight on. Same happens on softresets.

I installed this on a Touch HD which was running v2.2 perfectly. Is there any way to unbrick or do I have to hardreset? I really don't want to do that :(

PS: how about a warning in the first post: "Will Brick Touch HD's".

PPS: love v2.2...just pissed at a nonworking phone :(

superman.namrepus

Sep 1, 2007
Mesa
Same problem as Superman! v3 bricked my phone! Goes through first boot (smartmobility with red OS/Radio versionnumbers), then NOTHING. Black screen, backlight on. Same happens on softresets.

I installed this on a Touch HD which was running v2.2 perfectly. Is there any way to unbrick or do I have to hardreset? I really don't want to do that :(

I had to hard reset. then I tried two more times. Had to reset every time.

Snailslug

Dec 10, 2007
Kansas City
I'm looking into the issue some are having which results in needing a hard reset. I'll let you know when I have a solution. I'm truly sorry if this has caused any inconvenience. Thanks.

bolevo

Jan 18, 2008

What ROM use your HD?

mccune

Nov 21, 2005
www.mccune.nl

I've had similar experiences with upgrading. Although it did not brick my phone. Just needed a hard reset.
Already know what the reason was on my device. v0.2.2 was cooked in the ROM and it didn't like the upgrade. Guess people need to uninstall previous versions soft reset and then install the new one.

Snailslug

Dec 10, 2007
Kansas City
I've had similar experiences with upgrading. Although it did not brick my phone. Just needed a hard reset.
Already know what the reason was on my device. v0.2.2 was cooked in the ROM and it didn't like the upgrade. Guess people need to uninstall previous versions soft reset and then install the new one.

I think you may have figured it out! If TouchResponse was cooked into the rom, there would be problems with how the driver names are stored in the registry. If TouchResponse goes through the uninstallation process then these driver names will be reset. If they are not reset before installation then you will have a similar problem like ones are experiencing.

For those that have this issue, please confirm if TouchResponse was cooked into the rom or not. If it is, I will update my setup code tonight to catch this scenario.

UPDATE - Actually, hadsuperman.namreprus linked me to the rom he is using and TouchReponse was cooked into it. I'll work on getting an update tonight. Sorry again if I caused too much of an inconvenience. That's my fault for not giving better rom cooking instructions for this project.

Last edited:

propagandax

Mar 14, 2008
Latest version 3.0 works great on my Touch Pro. Seems like the "intensity" has changed since the last version, feels different. Not a problem though.:)

dannyng

Dec 16, 2008

Mine installed and run perfectly (on my HTC HD), just need to soft reboot.
But i have a problem on battery. This morning when I check my HTC HD around 8am, the battery level is 100%, at 9am (1 hour later), my battery down to 90% and at 10am (another one hours), my battery down to 85%.
I did not make any call (no bluetooth and wifi).

Any one has battery issue on v3?

P/S: Yes, this apps is great. Thanks to the developer.

Last edited:

smotrs

Nov 16, 2008
So. Calif.
Latest version 3.0 works great on my Touch Pro. Seems like the "intensity" has changed since the last version, feels different. Not a problem though.:)

I think the install defaults to 25ms, so if you normally had a smaller setting, that is why it feels bigger. I had mine set to 20ms and after the reset it was set to 25ms.

bolevo

Jan 18, 2008
Working good on my HD no-coocked ROM.
The new option to vibrate on release of touch is great!!!!

Many thanks Snailslug

orlandojumpoff

Sep 6, 2007
so the hard reset problem for v3 was only happening to people with cooked roms? i have a sprint touch pro, any feedback? thanks and i can't wait to try the soft keyboard vibration feature! been waiting forever!