[HBOOT] HBOOT-8064 Groups Engneering HBOOT

Search This thread

Argumentation

Feb 21, 2012
Washinton, DC
So we need the engineer version to flash a radio? Just want to be clear.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but yes, you do.

EDIT - If you package up whatever you need in a non-compressed zip file with the correct android-info.txt file, and flash it after running the "fastboot oem rebootRUU" command, it should work without the ENG HBOOT.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

orangechoochoo

Nov 30, 2012
Beating up dumbbells
I think you're right because after flashed the engineering version I was able to flash the radio.

"EDIT - If you package up whatever you need in a non-compressed zip file with the correct android-info.txt file, and flash it after running the "fastboot oem rebootRUU" command, it should work without the ENG HBOOT. "

I did that the first time with no success, after flashing the engineering HBoot it works.

lazarus2297

Sep 2, 2010
North Carolina
i flashed the radio with his method without having the eng HBOOT..

i used winrar to make a zip file called radio.zip with the radio.img and android txt file and flashed using the oem rebootRUU flashing method..

i verified that my Radio(baseband) actually did update in the setting menu as well. Not sure what the difference is..

uppon2

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 27, 2010
i flashed the radio with his method without having the eng HBOOT..

i used winrar to make a zip file called radio.zip with the radio.img and android txt file and flashed using the oem rebootRUU flashing method..

i verified that my Radio(baseband) actually did update in the setting menu as well. Not sure what the difference is..

Was there any reason you didn't want ENG HBOOT? or was this purely for testing purposes :)

justin lamantia

Sep 19, 2010
I don't really know what I would use ENG HBOOT for and it sounded kinda "dangerous" :)

With an eng Hboot you could flash any radio from any carrier. The good side is surtain radios works better then others so you might see your battery life improve & your data speed , signal improvements. Almost every phone I had was HTC but with T-Mobile so things might be different on Verizon.

PhantomApollyon

Jul 11, 2007
So can anyone say for sure which parts of the firmware package we should go ahead and flash(except the ones we obviously don't want like boot/recovery/hboot)?

BBEgo

Sep 14, 2011
I thought I read somewhere that the update provided more linear audio volume. Would that be ROM, kernel, HBoot, or radio? That and signal at work are my biggest issues.

Sent from my HTC DNA

buildable

Feb 14, 2013
one of the side benefits about flashing ENG HBOOT is that is gets rid of that annoying "*** TAMPERED ***" message ;)

buildable

Feb 14, 2013
Just a question.. could one go back to the "stock" hBoot after installing this one?

if someone comes up with a "SHIP" version of HBOOT to install, yes you can
..and if anybody ever needs to go back to S-ON for some reason (don't even know how at this point), you would have to flash a SHIP version of HBOOT beforehand or you'd brick your phone.

Last edited:

BBEgo

Sep 14, 2011
Does anybody know where the update HBoot is, and how to flash it?

Top Liked Posts