[Q] how to root kernel version DDLB2 of galaxy note??

Search This thread

kaush666

Feb 29, 2012
Chennai
I need to install ICE CREAM SANDWICH DOMINATION v1.1 theme. Please tell me what all things i need to install to use this theme. Mine SGN is not rooted. I am on DDLB2 kernal.

Please give proper steps with what all things i need to do. (Please dont give any thread links as they are too confusing)
Pls spend 5mins for me. Thanks in advance.

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 AM ----------

i understood this
Note that, this will downgrade your ROM to KJ1, after that you can update it.

- Make sure your SGN is NOT connected to your computer
- Reboot your SGN into "download mode" (Vol Down + Home + Power)
- Start ODIN
- Click the PDA button, and select the "SGN_XX_OXA_KJ1_FACTORYFS.tar" file
- Connect the SGN to your computer
- Make sure "repartition" is NOT checked
- Click the START button
- Wait for the phone to reboot TWICE
- Done.

This is the rooting process

What is next then to install that theme??

For DDLB2 kernel you have to downgrade to directly rootable like KL3 or KJ1. KJ1 is rooted. In Dr.Ketan's guide he has clearly given instructions only for updating to STOCK ROM[. He has also mentioned that for installing a custom ROM or theme you will have to refer to the install instructions provided by the dev of the ROM or theme.

Cheers,
Kaushik

vickyraskar

Apr 19, 2012
For DDLB2 kernel you have to downgrade to directly rootable like KL3 or KJ1. KJ1 is rooted. In Dr.Ketan's guide he has clearly given instructions only for updating to STOCK ROM[. He has also mentioned that for installing a custom ROM or theme you will have to refer to the install instructions provided by the dev of the ROM or theme.

Cheers,
Kaushik

Ok. i understood till rooting with KJ1. whats next?? do i need to root again with LB2??

dsmas

Apr 18, 2012
Bangalore
while extracting from mediafire I got SGN_XX_OXA_KJ1_FACTORYFS.img not TAR. should I change the file extension to TAR?

dsmas

Apr 18, 2012
Bangalore
You right dr.ketan. After joining the files it gave WinRARZip archieve file. Again extracting this file, gave TAR file(WinRAR archieve). This I think should not be extracted. (when extracted on window PC gave img file). Thanks for reply and guidance.

123nishan

May 8, 2012
Clarification needed

First of all i would like to thank Dr.Ketan for explaining how to root in detail.
I just have a small question, once i have downgraded LB2 to KJ1 which of-course is already rooted to which version should i update ROM?
I think updating it back to LB2 will make it unrooted again right???

tshrjain

May 19, 2012
Here's step by step guide to Root Galaxy Note on DDLB2 kernel version.

Found out by tshrjain ((That's Me)) :p

Instructions for windows users only. Linux and mac need to figure out themselves.

Thanks to xda-developers.com, rootgalaxynote.com and downloadandroidrom.com

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Please find the attached txt file for instructions.

I wanted post here, but apparently new users are not allowed to post outside links which are needed to download 2 files.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

I wanted to root my phone to install "AdFree Android" from the market. It blocks all the ads from free apps. Saving a lot of network data.

Hope this helps. :)

In case of any problems, just install the stock rom from here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1424997

Using step by Step instructions given on that page itself.

Please do click "thanks" if I could be of help.

techiedoc

Jul 4, 2010
How to get Root Access in G-Note Stock 2.3.6 (Indian Version DDLC1)

yes exactly
one more thing i like to add, just update kernel also after updating latest ROM
for example if you suppose update ROM to XXLC1
then, you have to go here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1329360
find 'I have kernel LC1' download n follow procedure with selecting already rooted.

Dear Dr Ketan

Could you please give me instructions as to how to root G-Note Stock 2.3.6 (Indian Version DDLC1).
Thank you in advance.
After updating or downgrading is it always necessary to update Kernel.

Dr Keshav

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    U need to downgrade first
    Look to link 1 above last on my signature,you will find rom link to downgrade
    Flash it with pc odin

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
    LB2 is not directly rootable, you need to downgrade first
    Thanks for the quick response. So as I understand, I have to downgrade first SGN using the firmware link you have provided. That will also root the device. And then I can upgrade to latest firmware with mobile odin pro.

Sorry for asking this noob question as on SGS2 I didnt faced such issue and always used CF Root method.
    yes exactly
    one more thing i like to add, just update kernel also after updating latest ROM
    for example if you suppose update ROM to XXLC1
    then, you have to go here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1329360
    find 'I have kernel LC1' download n follow procedure with selecting already rooted.
    Hi dude. Did u root your device using the method on this post. My details are below
    PDA : N7000DDLB2
    PHONE : N7000DDLB1
    CSC: N7000ODDLA1

i got my note from india but use it in the middle east.

After downgrading to DDLA1 rom . I am a bit confused as to what kernel / flash should i use with mobile odin and how to take a nandroid backup. will appreciate if you can help me with this.

Thanks

Bro I have not done it yet. But will be doing it tonight. As far as I understand, You can downgrade using DDLA1 rom which will root your phone and then using mobile odin pro, you can upgrade to LB2 firmware.
    Download my guide from last link on my signature
    when you select 'i have non rootable rom' it will guide you to downgrade, where you will find mediafire links too.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium