SGH-i747M Claro Puerto Rico Help!!!

Search This thread

daworship

Nov 11, 2009
Santa Isabel
Hey guys im having a little bit of trouble with my SGS3 Sgh-i747m From Claro Puerto Rico this model is the 4glte version of the sgs3 we have out here, the thing is that i was searching for the 4.3 update for my phone and the only one that i saw was the one for the Rogers and Bells version. It suppose to be the exact same phone since all of the models this company Claro have are the same as the canadians, ok so i flash the 4.3 update of the rogers version from my model and now i dont have service, i got the bars and maybe i can get like 1 minute of data and that's it, another thing is that if i was using an unlock phone the only thing i need to do to make it work is putting the apn settings and im good to go, but with the update that i did to my phone i can put the apn settings but there is a part that changed on the apn settings field. and i dont know if that's the problem cause normally i have to write default,supl on that part and now all i get is three choices to choose and doesnt let me write anything. I wonder if someone from this forum know how can i go back to a Claro PR firmware or if anyone has one that can send it out to me. Its been two days of my search for this kind of files and still no luck and the only ones available the links are down cause they are from hotfile. I manage to downgrade the version of android to 4.1.2 but it's a rogers firmware rooted i did root the phone and install CWM on it so as of now my phone has root access and CWM ready to go, i dont know if theres a Claro PR recovery file here on this forum i looked and didnt saw one,. another thing is,. Can i use roms from the att sgs3 to use them on my phone or not??? the Att version is the i747 and my Claro Puerto Rico version is i747m

jimchee

Mar 17, 2010
What version do you have of baseband? If you are not on I747MUMLL1 baseband you will problems with data, you can download the 4.1.1 firmware from sammobile

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Reactions: genaropr

daworship

Nov 11, 2009
Santa Isabel
What version do you have of baseband? If you are not on I747MUMLL1 baseband you will problems with data, you can download the 4.1.1 firmware from sammobile

I do have that firmware but for some reason when i try to flash it via odin it fails to install, i dont know if that has to do with the fact that i manage to update from 4.1.1 to 4.3 and that's not letting me go back to 4.1.1 stock, but every 4.3 firmware i can flash it without a problem or if i root the phone and flash a rom i can and i did but still no stable data, if a boot up the phone i can get a little bit of service for like a minute then it drops.

jimchee

Mar 17, 2010
Sorry for some reason I didn't catch the upgrade, I thought you had downgraded with the Canada rom, so download the MUMLL1 modem and flash it via recovery and it should restore your data

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

Once you are on the 4.3 bootloader you can't downgrade

Prufta

Oct 11, 2011
CAROLINA

I'm currently running Quantum Rom Kitkat 4.4.2 using the baseband i747MVLUEMK5 as today and so far no issue with data, sms and mms. And tested the prior version I747MVLDMF1 too and no issue.

Reactions: genaropr

jimchee

Mar 17, 2010
You need the MUMLL1 modem in PR to get data you can find all modems in SGS III AT&T thread in development thread, download it and flash from recovery and you will have data

Prufta

Oct 11, 2011
CAROLINA
You need the MUMLL1 modem in PR to get data you can find all modems in SGS III AT&T thread in development thread, download it and flash from recovery and you will have data

As told on my previous post I'm on Claro with the Basebands above and there is no issue with data. See screensshots.

Here is the thread for the modems

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387391202740.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387391202740.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 227
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387391224049.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387391224049.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:

jimchee

Mar 17, 2010
That's fine then all I am saying is the modem for PR is MUMLL1

Reactions: Prufta

santij07

Jan 23, 2014
Hey guys im having a little bit of trouble with my SGS3 Sgh-i747m From Claro Puerto Rico this model is the 4glte version of the sgs3 we have out here, the thing is that i was searching for the 4.3 update for my phone and the only one that i saw was the one for the Rogers and Bells version. It suppose to be the exact same phone since all of the models this company Claro have are the same as the canadians, ok so i flash the 4.3 update of the rogers version from my model and now i dont have service, i got the bars and maybe i can get like 1 minute of data and that's it, another thing is that if i was using an unlock phone the only thing i need to do to make it work is putting the apn settings and im good to go, but with the update that i did to my phone i can put the apn settings but there is a part that changed on the apn settings field. and i dont know if that's the problem cause normally i have to write default,supl on that part and now all i get is three choices to choose and doesnt let me write anything. I wonder if someone from this forum know how can i go back to a Claro PR firmware or if anyone has one that can send it out to me. Its been two days of my search for this kind of files and still no luck and the only ones available the links are down cause they are from hotfile. I manage to downgrade the version of android to 4.1.2 but it's a rogers firmware rooted i did root the phone and install CWM on it so as of now my phone has root access and CWM ready to go, i dont know if theres a Claro PR recovery file here on this forum i looked and didnt saw one,. another thing is,. Can i use roms from the att sgs3 to use them on my phone or not??? the Att version is the i747 and my Claro Puerto Rico version is i747m

The same problem occurs to me on January, now you can't downgrade because you have the new bootloader 4.3 with Knox Security, then I have to do a mixed Rom from Rogers 4.3 and Claro 4.1.1 to downgrade to 4.1.1 official from Claro PR, in my first post I explain how to downgrade, I do it with my phone SGH-I747M just follow the link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2625461 :laugh::good:

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

The same problem occurs to me on January, now you can't downgrade because you have the new bootloader 4.3 with Knox Security, then I have to do a mixed Rom from Rogers 4.3 and Claro 4.1.1 to downgrade to 4.1.1 official from Claro PR, in my first post I explain how to downgrade, I do it with my phone SGH-I747M just follow the link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2625461 :laugh::good:

If you can't do the mixed Rom letme know and I'll try to post a link to download the mixed rom I made. Remember Hit the Thanks Bottom.:good:

Last edited:

mctspr

Dec 25, 2010

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

If you can't do the mixed Rom let me know and I'll try to post a link to download the Mixed ROM I made. Remember Hit the Thanks Bottom.:good:

Can you please kindly provide URL for download the Mix Firmware + Ill need a .PIT to full repair my table as it came corrupt in someway on the unit, you can backup the .PIT from your actual working I747M unit to use with the mixed firmware. At least I still have access to Download Mode.

BRs,

Luis Daniel

mctspr

Dec 25, 2010
Need .PIT File for Claro PR SGH-I747M

Need .PIT File for Claro PR SGH-I747M as this is Signed per Carrier so, this means the I747M from Rogers .PIT File is not the same for I747M from Claro PR .PIT File. I need one compatible with Claro PR. If someone please kindly provide .PIT for Claro PR or AT&t both of them can works for me. Thank You in Advance!!! and by the way, the links for the different .PIT files download on this thread or forum are DEAD/NOT WORKING That is why im requesting again for it.

BRs,

Luis Daniel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm currently running Quantum Rom Kitkat 4.4.2 using the baseband i747MVLUEMK5 as today and so far no issue with data, sms and mms. And tested the prior version I747MVLDMF1 too and no issue.
    That's fine then all I am saying is the modem for PR is MUMLL1