play store "insufficient storage" no fix works

Search This thread

Aairman23

Nov 21, 2007
I'm getting the play store "insufficient storage" notice (for almost every different app I try) despite having 8 GB of "free" internal storage and 20 GB of "free" ext. SD storage available. I unsuccessfully tried all the following supposed fixes:

• Cleared Play store cash/data before and/or after a forced stop and including uninstalling play store updates.
  • Forced stopped "Google service framework"
  • Recovery->>cleared cash partition and dalvkc cash
  • Re-installing Gapps
  • running app cache cleaner
However, I WAS able to install grooveshark.apk apart from the play store with no problems.

Could this have anything to do with a LCD resolution change?

Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated, as I sick of factory resets, and am under the impression that even a factory reset may not fix the problem.

Beezer80

Jul 28, 2009
I'm getting the play store "insufficient storage" notice (for almost every different app I try) despite having 8 GB of "free" internal storage and 20 GB of "free" ext. SD storage available. I unsuccessfully tried all the following supposed fixes:

• Cleared Play store cash/data before and/or after a forced stop and including uninstalling play store updates.
  • Re-installing Gapps
However, I WAS able to install grooveshark.apk apart from the play store with no problems.

Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated, as I sick of factory resets, and am under the impression that even a factory reset may not fix the problem.

I had the same problem on my Nexus 7. If you use ES File Explorer don't forget to enable root browsing otherwise you won't see the folders.

This is what you need. You have to delete the folders for the apps that won't update in /data/app-lib/APP-PATH(that has this error)

Edit
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2443267

Last edited:
Reactions: Aairman23

xfullmetal17

Jan 31, 2011
Double-check your link there, that's the link to the latest firmwares.

Anyway, use your favorite root file manager (or adb/terminal, if you're feeling brave) to do the folder delete.

Reactions: Beezer80

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

• Re-installing Gapps

I had the same problem on my Nexus 7. If you use ES File Explorer don't forget to enable root browsing otherwise you won't see the folders.

This is what you need. You have to delete the folders for the apps that won't update in /data/app-lib/APP-PATH(that has this error)

Edit
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2443267
    Double-check your link there, that's the link to the latest firmwares.

Anyway, use your favorite root file manager (or adb/terminal, if you're feeling brave) to do the folder delete.