Oppo Find 7a - Builds affected by the Yellow Tint

Search This thread

potblack2win

Aug 20, 2008
London
** Oppo Find 7 Yellow Tint (towards the bottom edge of the phones screen) **

Oppo China have made an official statement over customer concerns that the screen on the Find 7 and Find 7a has a yellowing issue.

Customers in China have been complaining to Oppo about yellowing Oppo Find 7 screens for weeks and now with many customers complaining that the issues are due to faults in the phone, Oppo have finally made an official statement concerning the matter.

According to Oppo their are two issues which are concerning Oppo Find 7 owners. The first is that many owners of the Find 7a have found the screen to appear more yellow along the bottom edge of the phone. Oppo claim the reason for this is due to more intense light in this area meaning the light does not display uniformly across the panel and are offering to test (and if necessary) replace phones.

The second issue affects the Oppo Find 7 (2K model) with customers complaining that the colours on the screen are more yellow and less realistic than those on the Find 7a. Oppo have said that they have released a software update which fixes this.

Those of you that seem to be affected by this issue.
Do go about posting the build date of your phone, so we can repository on which builds are affected :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr.Greg

tropical cactus

Jan 18, 2009
Georgetown

Oppo China have made an official statement over customer concerns that the screen on the Find 7 and Find 7a has a yellowing issue.

Customers in China have been complaining to Oppo about yellowing Oppo Find 7 screens for weeks and now with many customers complaining that the issues are due to faults in the phone, Oppo have finally made an official statement concerning the matter.

According to Oppo their are two issues which are concerning Oppo Find 7 owners. The first is that many owners of the Find 7a have found the screen to appear more yellow along the bottom edge of the phone. Oppo claim the reason for this is due to more intense light in this area meaning the light does not display uniformly across the panel and are offering to test (and if necessary) replace phones.

The second issue affects the Oppo Find 7 (2K model) with customers complaining that the colours on the screen are more yellow and less realistic than those on the Find 7a. Oppo have said that they have released a software update which fixes this.

Do go about posting the build date of your phone, so we can repository on which builds are affected :good:

More power to Oppo.

I don't have the yellow tint issue but very happy that Oppo is listening. Makes my job recommending this phone to friends a lot easier. My only bug is the touch sensitivity of the keyboard input. Getting a llot of double letters.

potblack2win

Aug 20, 2008
London
More power to Oppo.

I don't have the yellow tint issue but very happy that Oppo is listening. Makes my job recommending this phone to friends a lot easier. My only bug is the touch sensitivity of the keyboard input. Getting a llot of double letters.

I really do hope they sort out all the bugs. This will be the next device I go out and purchase. It's a great device, especially with the 3000mah battery.

7A for me. All the those extra pixels will eat up my battery

tropical cactus

Jan 18, 2009
Georgetown
I really do hope they sort out all the bugs. This will be the next device I go out and purchase. It's a great device, especially with the 3000mah battery.

7A for me. All the those extra pixels will eat up my battery

Agree. The only thing I'll be replacing is the battery, once everything settles. The 7a is truly a remarkable phone. And this is coming from an ex HTC fanboy.:p

potblack2win

Aug 20, 2008
London
Agree. The only thing I'll be replacing is the battery, once everything settles. The 7a is truly a remarkable phone. And this is coming from an ex HTC fanboy.:p

Agreed.
The 7A costs around £330 which is a bargain compaired to the s5 and HTC one M8 £500+

The oneplus one is almost impossible to buy right now. The speakers on the device have been described as weak, and low.

As a brand I would rather trust oppo

Reactions: tropical cactus

tropical cactus

Jan 18, 2009
Georgetown
Agreed.
The 7A costs around £330 which is a bargain compaired to the s5 and HTC one M8 £500+

The oneplus one is almost impossible to buy right now. The speakers on the device have been described as weak, and low.

HTC can take a running jump, as far as I'm concerned. I'm tired of being an apologist for their ultra pixel nonsense.:laugh:

potblack2win

Aug 20, 2008
London
HTC can take a running jump, as far as I'm concerned. I'm tired of being an apologist for their ultra pixel nonsense.:laugh:

Agreed. They should have learnt the first time.
Ultra pixel flopped badly, no way in the 21st century will a 4mp camera beat 12mp camera.

HTC Sensation purchased - one month later (WiFi death grip reported)

HTC one X purchased after a year - same again later reported to have the same WiFi issue.

Cursed.

MadMungo

Nov 30, 2013
Sydney
Silly question I know but where do I find the build date of my phone?
Also do oppo use seperate batch numbers and if so where do I find it.

MadMungo

Nov 30, 2013
Sydney
Yes. Lower 10 to 15mm of screen.
Tried burn in at full brightness for a couple of hours
with no change to screen. I only notice it on mainly
white screens but it dose not bother me.

tropical cactus

Jan 18, 2009
Georgetown
Yes. Lower 10 to 15mm of screen.
Tried burn in at full brightness for a couple of hours
with no change to screen. I only notice it on mainly
white screens but it dose not bother me.

I had the yellow tint on HTC One X ages ago. If you pressed on it, it would go away but it came back when you let go. Might be a similar thing happening here, but not when it's brand new.

tork987

Jan 27, 2013
Mine was build date 2014-04-23 and have the tint. I sent it back and wait Now for a replacement
One user on G+ have a new one device with build date 2014-05-19 and have the tint too

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk

anwedr

Oct 19, 2012
I really don't notice the yellow tint on my 7a. However it seems majority of you folks do experience this issue. :(

Sent from my X9006 using Tapatalk Pro

crisahan

Mar 13, 2010
Zhongshan
More power to Oppo.

i have the yellow tint, double letters issues, and a dead pixel too:crying:

but i love this phone so much that i don't even wanna send it back and wait for the replacement, i don't wanna be apart from it:cyclops:

MadMungo

Nov 30, 2013
Sydney
I really don't notice the yellow tint on my 7a. However it seems majority of you folks do experience this issue. :(

Sent from my X9006 using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah neither do I.

I also think it may be because of the capacitive buttons backlight as I think I am seeing the yellow portion
of the screen getting slightly darker when the buttons are backlit.

tropical cactus

Jan 18, 2009
Georgetown
i have the yellow tint, double letters issues, and a dead pixel too:crying:

but i love this phone so much that i don't even wanna send it back and wait for the replacement, i don't wanna be apart from it:cyclops:

I know what you mean. I had to send in my butterfly s to change the camera. No phone for two weeks and had to use a dumb phone. Couldn't even send an sms on it. Smartphones really have become an integral part of our lives.:cowboy:

jiffy1080

Apr 14, 2012
I'm on a boat
My yellow tint has gone away! I play a lot of games so the phone has heated up a bit a few times... Maybe that fixed it?

Sent from my Find7a using Tapatalk

potblack2win

Aug 20, 2008
London
I've just got a reply from OppoStyle Europe and they said, that "the new batches are 100% guarantee against the yellow tint issue" I'll send mine back tomorrow... If OPPO really fixed it, the Find 7a would be just the perfect phone.

Source: User post on Oppo Forums

If this is true, it will surely mean, devices manufactured in June will be defect free.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    it's the glue used to affix the LCD panel to the body of the phone.

when it heats up, it tends to leak onto the screen.*
    LG reportedly replaced panels for those devices affected, with a new digitizer and panel, but it all depends on the workmanship of the assembler.

Sony apparently now uses glue that can withstand upto 70 degrees*

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Another maybe potential fix for the yellow tint:

This is the only bad advice I have ever seen on WHT, in fact I signed up just to post this.

I have 3 Nexus 5's in my household, I noticed the tint on the second one. Google offered me a replacement but I read that it could be the glue used on the screen. I still don't know what causes it but all you need to do is turn your brightness up to full for a few days.

On the second phone I turned the brightness up to full and left a video running overnight to make the screen hot. The third phone I just turned the brightness up and let it clear in it's own time.

All 3 phones now have lost their tint. The second one obviously cleared quicker than the others.

Glad that i'm colorblind, so I won't be able to tell if mine is affected or not when I get it.. LOL :D

Agreed.

I can confirm that the white version is affected.
    80% of devices have been reported to be affected.

Check the following thread on Oppo Forums: http://www.oppoforums.com/threads/oppo-find-7a-builds-affected-by-the-yellow-screen-issue.16645/