Screen of my HD2 broken [PHOTO] any tutorial (or videotutorial) to change it?

Search This thread

xokos

Sep 30, 2007
If you wan't my advice just send it to HTC, or any oficial repair store.
I've tried to change that same part on the diamond and everthing was fine till i discover that the screen it's glued to the digitizer and you can´t separet then whithout breaking the screen.

Then you just have to go and buy another screen, that's the expensive part :(

Send it to an oficial store, keep the waranty.It's about the same price you pay for only the screen.

Sorry my bad english.Out of practice...

Tamashii

Sep 18, 2009
Mine was cracked the same way, but the queastion is..

If it's really glued to the digitez why would they sell it seperately?

In fact, I tried to remove a small little piece of cracked glace from my touchscreen and I guess it was glued..

But I still want to believe that we can fix it.. what happened at ur end? have you found anything?

marie75

Sep 12, 2008
Paris
hi I found this if it can help you I can translate it
good luck
itg's on: wmfrance.com/ demontage-dun-htc-hd-2
I'm not permitted to post outside links !

_ads_

Nov 18, 2009
Bristol
Holy cow! :eek: Seeing that has scared me. Luckily I have never damaged any phone I've owned but having posted this reply I might of jinxed myself........duh

nuki

Nov 29, 2009
Thanks to all

I have two options:

1. Repair on the official service of HTC, here in my country. About 260 € (370 $) :eek::eek::eek::eek:

2. Change the display, but would need the two screens together, and I can't find anywhere (only the external display). Apparently separating and uniting the two screens is quite difficult. So, I look somewhere to buy the two together

Any idea?

archers3001

Jan 15, 2010
If you not had the phone long get insurance on the phone and give it a week or two then phone them. And tell them get it done that way

jronimo

Nov 15, 2009
Rosmalen
i assume the touch screen still works? had the same damage to my phone after a 8 inch drop. only thermopane was replaced with a total cost of about 250 euros (350 usd)

tgaguilera

Dec 2, 2009
hey guys I have the same problem. If you get a video tutorial on how to replace please post it!

here is my small contribution: if you have a local Chinatown, they might replace/repair the HD2. I went to the Chinatown in my native country and a couple of stores said that if I got the parts they would fix it. I was there for a short time so I couldn't get the parts. :(

I'll give it a try in France in a couple of weeks and give you the results :)

paulking

Jan 7, 2010
Unlucky mate!

I've dropped mine a couple times from about waist height (6ft 4) face down on to concrete thought it was a goner but some how it survied! I feel lucky now.

Have you not got insurance to get it fixed or replaced saves hassle looks like a ***** of a device to take apart.

Good luck.

you're 6'4" at waist height? :eek: :eek: :eek:

:D :p

manolis1976

Mar 31, 2009
i have the opposite problem i cracked the lcd screen and the glass is perfect!!!Any ideas where can i buy a complete glass-lcd screen???

roul174

Oct 30, 2008
Prague
it is maybe outta topic now, but i got the same accident, phone is still in Warranty period, so i ask official service for my country, price has been about 4500CZK it means 150EUR or $250. service work charge has not been som much to do it at home in dust.
problem is by the service man, that manufacturer designed HD2 like 2 single part product, so it si necessary to change face part completely, touch glaas and display together, it is stick together and stick together with surrounding construction at face side. :-(

cheers,
O.

FloatHeavy

Aug 24, 2009
I have broken down this phone to the bezel seeking to replace only the digitizer. Jokes on me.

There is no pictures showing how to separate the lcd+digitizer from the plastic bezel. It is heavily glued and I used a gift card as a wedge to separate them.

Now I'm holding the lcd+ digi unit. Still, the digitizer and glass are glued to the LCD. Also the digitizer flex is SOLDERED to back of lcd.

I don’t know first thing about soldering. If I did, this fix would be easy.

Looks like people like myself have to wait for the digitizer+lcd bundle before we can fully repair.

Anybody got an HD2 SERVICE MANUAL?!?!?!

Eventually there will be more distro for HD2 parts. Just hang tight. I'm hanging with you until then!

Last edited:

m0j0j0j0123

Feb 7, 2010
Manchester
Reading this topic is like thinking about getting knee'd in the nuts, very unpleasent. Feel for you guys with the damaged screens, hope all turns out well :(

chalid

Jan 18, 2008
I have broken down this phone to the bezel seeking to replace only the digitizer. Jokes on me.

There is no pictures showing how to separate the lcd+digitizer from the plastic bezel. It is heavily glued and I used a gift card as a wedge to separate them.

Now I'm holding the lcd+ digi unit. Still, the digitizer and glass are glued to the LCD. Also the digitizer flex is SOLDERED to back of lcd.

I don’t know first thing about soldering. If I did, this fix would be easy.

Looks like people like myself have to wait for the digitizer+lcd bundle before we can fully repair.

Anybody got an HD2 SERVICE MANUAL?!?!?!

Eventually there will be more distro for HD2 parts. Just hang tight. I'm hanging with you until then!

could you take some pictures?

kilrah

Sep 16, 2005
Erm those are digitizers only as well, the post you quoted says he needs the LCD, not the digitizer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ouch sorry to hear about this. I read somewhere about it is better to get a kit with the LCD and digitizer together. Some people seemed not to have luck trying to separate and replace and put back together. Just what I read, I have no idea.

Good luck and hope you get it going soon.
    Can't way to see the pics!
    And any advises, if there is anything to say, would be great!

dropped my phone from 50cm today, I love my HD2 but this smells like a fault in design, am I wrong?:(

Get the Digitizer with the LCD attached with it. It will save a lot more money than the labor it would to remove and replace the digitizer but itself. I've done it to 3 HD2s and from my experience its the best way to do it right.
    can anyone point me to a trustworthy ebay item please?

Edit: sorry for the way too large pic in this topic :eek:

Do you have the US version or the world version phone?
    international, thanks

For instance item number: 160484272444 on eBay would work. You might try to find some one selling on eBay close to your country. If they have good feedback, then it should be legitimate.