[Guide] Know your Device:Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i ~Root~Odin~CWM~ROM LIST |2014.04.08|

Search This thread

ehsanotaku

Dec 16, 2014
who Is the best rom for S5830i ??;)

There are some major issues with your Questions in my opinions though :
1. General section is reserved for tutorials/Tips / FAQ of Roms @ Developer section and certainly not for being abused like this .
2. We got help section for any kind of issues our members might encounter, So use it wisely.
3. Recommending some candidate as a 'Best ROM ever' for your device is simply against the Rules of XDA . ( just try experimenting with distinguished names from this topic or reading through FAQ posts in this section will help you for instance .)

Hope I did Help you

Orelha

May 1, 2015
Guys, i just wanted to clear up some stuff. I'm fairly new to this, so sorry about the old questions:

The GT-S5830i and GT-S5830M(the one i have) are the same, right? So when i read threads like this one, i should assume that it also works on the M variant, right?

Am i getting a nice bump on performance or battery life when installing a certain rom, or both are the same with my stock rom with the last updates? Because honestly, what i really wanted is root and then install something like APP2SD to mitigate the low internal space on the phone.

ehsanotaku

Dec 16, 2014
Guys, i just wanted to clear up some stuff. I'm fairly new to this, so sorry about the old questions:

The GT-S5830i and GT-S5830M(the one i have) are the same, right? So when i read threads like this one, i should assume that it also works on the M variant, right?

Am i getting a nice bump on performance or battery life when installing a certain rom, or both are the same with my stock rom with the last updates? Because honestly, what i really wanted is root and then install something like APP2SD to mitigate the low internal space on the phone.

M variant ( apparently Chile and some Latin American countries you come from) would fall under the same hardware category ( Broadcom BCM21553, ARMv6) , which most of the roms such as CM11 unofficial was optimized to work with ,, so yeh go ahead and try development sub forum for s5830i/C/M/s5839i materials and for your internal issue , re-partition your sd card into ext2/ext4 ( 500~1024 MB ) and swap ( 0 MB ) through Clockwork mod advanced section , then instal Link2sd from play store and linked all of the intrusive apps to your sd-ext partition you have created for your non CM Custom Rom/stocked Rom ( ext2/ext4 ) . For CM based Romes we use S2E app/script which is customized to work with these kind of custom roms without any conflict .
In regards of battery and performance concerns , you will benefit from newer stock firmware you downloaded from i,e : sammobile database firmware over your old stock one .

Reactions: Orelha

Orelha

May 1, 2015
M variant ( apparently Chile and some Latin American countries you come from) would fall under the same hardware category ( Broadcom BCM21553, ARMv6) , which most of the roms such as CM11 unofficial was optimized to work with ,, so yeh go ahead and try development sub forum for s5830i/C/M/s5839i materials and for your internal issue , re-partition your sd card into ext2/ext4 ( 500~1024 MB ) and swap ( 0 MB ) through Clockwork mod advanced section , then instal Link2sd from play store and linked all of the intrusive apps to your sd-ext partition you have created for your non CM Custom Rom/stocked Rom ( ext2/ext4 ) . For CM based Romes we use S2E app/script which is customized to work with these kind of custom roms without any conflict .
In regards of battery and performance concerns , you will benefit from newer stock firmware you downloaded from i,e : sammobile database firmware over your old stock one .

Thank you very much for your help.

ehsanotaku

Dec 16, 2014
thanks for the valuable information. is there way to permanently replace the stock recovery of S5830i with clockworkmod recovery?

I would advise against the replacement of stock kernel with custom kernels for many technical reasons , which come with built in modules and CWM embedded inside your device permanently . However you may do so , but before flashing it on top of your stock firmware please study this post for arguments/counter arguments about merit of this action . For correct installation method you can ask me if you are not convinced , after reading my comments there anyway. ( read three pages fully ).

Hope I did help you

Reactions: llranga

CraiglI

Mar 31, 2017
Hey guys the Samsung drivers link infected my computer with the usual BS like unwanted fake programs and icons to games ect ect, bit defender went ape sht when I went to install the .exe so I thought I would post then maybe the mods can remove the link!

Thanks

Top Liked Posts