Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sacredsoul

Feb 17, 2007
Singapore
Have Fun :D

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button!

EDIT : Woo, my 500th post! and ignore the Arrow in the title, no idea how it got there.

Attachments

• device.jpg
    device.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 537
  • device1.jpg
    device1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 451
Last edited by a moderator:

lexluthor

Feb 7, 2007
With this run side to side with dolphin hd 4? Will you be posting updated betas or how else do we get them?

A

AMarsden

Hey I was just curious as to why you would recommend this over the stock browser (cm7 nightly 75). I used dolphin back when I think it was in version 3 and although impressive I didn't really see the value in it. Just wondering if anyone can provide some user experiences. Thank you so much!

D3XX

Jun 12, 2010
Ummmm, yeeeeeah I would recommend it without a doubt. It's has the speed of a 4g stock browser i would say even on 3g and it loads pages very quickly.

F

Frans Parnel

I'm not impressed. It is definitely better than the stock browser which is horrid - lack of features and loads extremely slow. However when compared to my daily browser, Opera, it feels gauky.

Compared to opera it loads just as fast, displays flash just as well, webpages look just as good. But the app itself just doesn't look good.

Dolphin has the tab bar on top, which makes it easier to access, but it isn't done well. I would rather have them remove that and use the tab page they have that is similar to sense previews. It takes up too much space and is IMO ugly.

The guesture menus are a great idea. And they are easy to bring up. Again, however, I don't like how they look. Either they should take up the whole screen rather than just part. Or have a transparent background so that they are "overlaying" the webpages.

Also, I had it FC on me a couple times while loading pages and changing settings. Not an issue for me as its beta.

The one thing I really like about it over any other browser I've used it that you can change the user agent in settings easily! Opera you can, but you have to edit the opera:config and its a pain.

sacredsoul

Feb 17, 2007
Singapore
I'm not impressed. It is definitely better than the stock browser which is horrid - lack of features and loads extremely slow. However when compared to my daily browser, Opera, it feels gauky.

Compared to opera it loads just as fast, displays flash just as well, webpages look just as good. But the app itself just doesn't look good.

Dolphin has the tab bar on top, which makes it easier to access, but it isn't done well. I would rather have them remove that and use the tab page they have that is similar to sense previews. It takes up too much space and is IMO ugly.

The guesture menus are a great idea. And they are easy to bring up. Again, however, I don't like how they look. Either they should take up the whole screen rather than just part. Or have a transparent background so that they are "overlaying" the webpages.

Also, I had it FC on me a couple times while loading pages and changing settings. Not an issue for me as its beta.

The one thing I really like about it over any other browser I've used it that you can change the user agent in settings easily! Opera you can, but you have to edit the opera:config and its a pain.

Remember, its the first beta. It'll get stable over time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have Fun :D

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button!

EDIT : Woo, my 500th post! and ignore the Arrow in the title, no idea how it got there.
    Private betas are considered warez, and are not allowed to be posted.