[KERNEL][GPL][N7]franco.Kernel - r82

Search This thread

irminsul

Nov 11, 2010
Almere
Re: [KERNEL][GPL][N7][15 FEB] franco.Kernel - r47

Make sure you unmount the USB stick after using it, 9 out of 10 times it SODs over here.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The Gingerbread Man

Sep 4, 2010
Gloucester

Maybe that's the issue, i was using stickmount before the SOD. :rolleyes:

How about Youtube artifacts, anyone having issues with 520Mhz overclock? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

If your over clocking your GPU that's why you have those artifacts, your over clocking by nearly 25% 416mhz is stock i would use that or 484mhz if you must over clock it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Antob125

May 23, 2011

Hey, long time Gnex owner, young N7 owner. I made the switch from 4.1.2 on my n7 today to 4.2.2. Is there a post someone can link me to for a sweet spot for frequencies, govs, schedulers? Like from Osm0sis or Malorath? Can't search on Tapatalk app :/

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Wynnded

Apr 18, 2009
Rockies
Hey, long time Gnex owner, young N7 owner. I made the switch from 4.1.2 on my n7 today to 4.2.2. Is there a post someone can link me to for a sweet spot for frequencies, govs, schedulers? Like from Osm0sis or Malorath? Can't search on Tapatalk app :/

I think that you can find them in their signature if you open the site in a browser.

poondog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 11, 2011
Melbourne

Based on testing for like ages, the most popular/recommended settings for a battery and performance was chosen. That is stock in the kernel when you flash it :)

Reactions: Antob125

JohnMacky

Aug 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC

520mhz GPU seems to make YouTube videos stutter and cause high pitched noise on my N7. Changed back to 484 and looks like it fixed the problem!

Sent From My Franco-Powered Kernel r47 running DirtyAOKP 5.0 (4.2.2) using xda's dope app!

Reactions: cyberon

cyberon

Jan 4, 2010
Google Pixel
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

520mhz GPU seems to make YouTube videos stutter and cause high pitched noise on my N7. Changed back to 484 and looks like it fixed the problem!

Sent From My Franco-Powered Kernel r47 running DirtyAOKP 5.0 (4.2.2) using xda's dope app!

Yep, exactly what's happening to me, maybe it's a App issue, games run flawlessly. :rolleyes:

The Gingerbread Man

Sep 4, 2010
Gloucester

Yep, exactly what's happening to me, maybe it's a App issue, games run flawlessly. :rolleyes:

I can't see how it can be an app issue if it only happens when you over clock, it means your pushing your hardware to its limits. You have to remember these chips are designed to run at certain speeds then limited to run at speeds which are stable on all units due to silicone tolerances. Some handle over clock better than others same as some may handle under volt better than others. Its a random lottery as to how your device performs when you change the voltage or speeds its designed to run at as to how well it can handles these variables. To be safe just lower the frequency to 484 or 416.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

lukesan

May 1, 2009
Ok, this must be one stupid Q.

I got my N7 last week and I just installed this kernel. Now I must be blind because I have been staring at icons etc for a couple of minutes and I can't find any app to adjust those settings that everyone is talking about.

Antob125

May 23, 2011

Based on testing for like ages, the most popular/recommended settings for a battery and performance was chosen. That is stock in the kernel when you flash it :)

What about scheduler? Is the default the best also? 360 3500 6 1 1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all.

r81 is the last release for Android 5.0.
    r82 or newer is only for Android 5.1 - don't flash them on older Android versions.

Download:
    boot image:
    http://kernels.franco-lnx.net/Nexus7/5.1/
    zips:
    http://kernels.franco-lnx.net/Nexus7/5.1/zips

Installation:
    fastboot flash boot boot_name_img
    or
    flash the .zip in the recovery

Changelog:
    http://kernels.franco-lnx.net/Nexus7/5.1/appfiles/changelog.xml

Source:
    https://github.com/franciscofranco/Grouper-3.1.10

Official app support:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.franco.kernel.free

Got any questions that you couldn't find after searching?
    FAQ: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2532422

Disclaimer to moderators:
    Slight OT is fine, but when users decide to act stupid they should be dealt with with the appropriate means - its really annoying for me when OT turns crazy. Please put the warning/ban hammer anytime any of you think there's lack of respect and/or too much unwanted OT crap - but if it doesn't meet this criteria let the OT posts alone. Thank you.

Cheers!
    Fsync toggle:

It's disabled by default. Enabled = stock IO speed while having data integrity; disabled = more IO throughput but less data integrity

echo Y > /sys/module/sync/parameters/fsync_enabled (N to disable and Y to enable)

GPU clock interface:

To check the current GPU frequency:
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/gpu_oc

To change it:
    echo X > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/gpu_oc (change the X with your desired value. Should work up to 750Mhz at least, beyond that is pure madness)
    r62 - Where is the lag?
    * 99% rework of the Hotplug driver. Cores are intelligently managed. Always 2 cores are online to diminish thread migration and all the intrinsic operations that are inherent of onlining and offlining cores. If the load is high enough the other 2 cores come online
    * Custom changes to interactive that now reacts a bit better and more intelligently to load changes, specially during big load, which will majorly improve gaming performance
    * Interactive tunables are scaled from the Hotplug driver based on either there are 2 or 4 cores online. If there are 2 online it uses the normal tunables, if there are 4 they get tuned for maximum performance
    * Merge all the work from the usual suspects, which contains the special partition mounts
    * Bunch of other custom patches and other patches from upstream to improve IO handling
    * No more Youtube lag as far as I know

By the way I think I fixed that bug where the device could be stuck in a lower frequency (I think that was the problem AFAIK) and driver it unusable unless rebooting. Let me know if thats fixed, which I tried to fix anyway.
    Just pushed r48. Re-merged original hotplug driver and changed just a few lines to make it a little bit lighter. Should give a little extra power now. Also fixed the UV interface, you won't be able to input more than 600mV. Merged a few changes from upstream too. Hotplug options from my app will be gone with this driver change. Also it won't be dual-core minimum by default, will hotplug normally. I plan to re-add the options to change the hotplug parameters sometime in the future.
    Happy new year folks, time for r77!!

* Merged interactive governor improvements from FK for N5
    * Merged Hotplug driver improvements from FK for N5
    * Merged touchboost generic driver from FK for N5
    * Other misc patches merged from upstream
    * Added CM11 support

Thanks to osm0sis who kindly sent me the correct ramdisk changes for this release. Hope you enjoy this.