[Q] HTC One Bootlooping after Google Edition ARHD 6.0

Search This thread

Jvov

Jan 10, 2014
Lajeado
twitter.com
At this time I am pretty much hopeless... Seriously, nothing works, but if a miracle happens and I get my HTC One back to life it will be thanks to you guys.

So... This is my story:

Today I was using my HTC One M7_UL like any other day, I had Android OneDroid BETA 15 (a CyanogenMod with a few tweaks) installed and I got bored of it, so I decided to flash a Google Edition ROM. Came to the forum and looked for the thread with most replies on "Custom Android HTC One ROMs" and found the winner of the Google Edition ones, the ARHD 6.0 Google Edition. Fine, I thought, let's flash this mod@fuc%#. So I started by downloading the latest version (roughly 550 MB) and connecting my HTC One to my Windows 8.1 Pro computer. The HTC drivers don't work with my 8.1 Pro Windows but since I only needed it to send the .zip file to my Internal Storage I gave it a shot. Copied everything, disconnected and proceeded to my recovery (TWRP) where I Wiped it up and flashed ARHD 6.0 GE. After installing, still on the recovery, restored the phone to factory presets and rebooted it. A Google logo appeared and some Nexus-like balls started to spin, some weird sh%t. Until there, everything absolutely fine, but it stood there with the balls spinning for 3~4 minutes and I thought it was normal because it was the first boot after flashing the new ROM. Got to Language Settings on the Android Welcome screen but then it quickly turned black and reeboted. HTC Logo appeared for roughly 1 second and it got black and rebooted again, this time starting back up but when I got to the Language setup it would do the same thing, over and over again.
So I started looking into it and didn't find many answers, then I decided to try and flash another Google Edition ROM, SkyDragon, but as I am a COMPLETE NOOB in this rooting and wobbly wobbly thingies I had no idea how I would get the .zip file to the Internal Storage, since the HTC One HAS NO SD CARD!!! I researched a bit and found sth called ADB Sideloading, which I am certain you know what it is, but the thing is, since my computer doesn't quite work with HTC Drivers I had to use my sister's PC, with Windows 7 and HTC One All-in-One kit. I could access my bootloader and recovery despite of the bootloop, which I think is a good thing, so I put it to fastboot mode, connected the cable to her computer and on the phone it changed from "fastboot" in red to "fastboot usb" in red also, so I thought, oh ok, it will work now. But when I tried ADB commands or tried any of the commands on the All-in-One thing it would just say "NO DEVICES FOUND" or something among those lines.
Anyway, if someone got this far I already thank you for trying to help but I am pretty certain I got a bricked device. I don't even now what to do, should I try to ADB Sideload this other ROM or should I try a Sense ROM, cuz I read somewhere that Google Edition ROMs only work when migrating from Sense ROMs, and if I am supposed to flash a Sense ROM how would I do so? Please try to be as simple as possible, I don't know much and I am pretty noob, anyways, thank you so much, and I hope you can help me! :laugh:

Waiting for a response,
John.

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
Here's how you can do it, boot into recovery mode. Select mounts and storage, go down till you find, mount USB storage. Make sure your cable is connected to your phone and the male part of the USB is in your PC. Your PC will detect your device, and an mtp window of such will pop up. Transfer the new files and continue. This time just wipe factory/reset data. And install the .zip's then reboot!

Hope I helped and good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jvov

Jvov

Jan 10, 2014
Lajeado
twitter.com
Here's how you can do it, boot into recovery mode. Select mounts and storage, go down till you find, mount USB storage. Make sure your cable is connected to your phone and the male part of the USB is in your PC. Your PC will detect your device, and an mtp window of such will pop up. Transfer the new files and continue. This time just wipe factory/reset data. And install the .zip's then reboot!

I am about to try this, thank you so much, guys like you make this forum really worth it. Another Thank point :good::cool:;)

TheArc

Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
No worries matey B)

All the best with fixing your phone, if you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Cheers.

TheArc

Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
Oh, the Nexus 5 is simply great it has some drawbacks but none of that matters because of the specs, its pretty much a lag free phone. And when switching from Dalvik VM to ART runtime. The phone flies.

The phones great for the price as well, good support for the device from both Google and developers here.

The nexus will not be called nexus 6 as nexus devices nowadays are named by the screen size. It most likely will be called Nexus 5 (2014) or Nexus x (the size of screen)

But overall the phone is pretty sweet! And the HTC Mate looks quite interesting!

Jvov

Jan 10, 2014
Lajeado
twitter.com
Oh, the Nexus 5 is simply great it has some drawbacks but none of that matters because of the specs, its pretty much a lag free phone. And when switching from Dalvik VM to ART runtime. The phone flies.

The phones great for the price as well, good support for the device from both Google and developers here.

The nexus will not be called nexus 6 as nexus devices nowadays are named by the screen size. It most likely will be called Nexus 5 (2014) or Nexus x (the size of screen)

But overall the phone is pretty sweet! And the HTC Mate looks quite interesting!

Oh no just checked bootloader, apparently when it got S-ON it got tempered aswell and when I try to mount there is an USB something error :c

TheArc

Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
Sorry no I don't. As I owned an HTC desire x but we couldn't get s-off on it so I don't really know how to s-off without booting device.

Trying searching around the forum if its possible.

Jvov

Jan 10, 2014
Lajeado
twitter.com
Why not try and s-off your phone again?

Nevermind, got it, ADB'd OneDroid ROM to it ^^ it doesn't need S-Off so I will use that and then I sort out my Tampered and S-ON thing. Just one last favor, send me a link where it teaches how to S-Off for me please? Thanks a lot buddy you were very useful and won't be forgotten :D

TheArc

Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
Here's a workaround for obtaining s-off from windows 8.1 : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2544620

If you are not entirely happy about live booting Ubuntu look in the general section as you will find many other guides.

If you want to get the best about getting to fix your device. Please look in your phones forum as there are more related answers.

Last edited:

Jvov

Jan 10, 2014
Lajeado
twitter.com
Here's a workaround for obtaining s-off from windows 8.1 : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2544620

If you are not entirely happy about live booting Ubuntu look in the general section as you will find many other guides.

If you want to get the best about getting to fix your device. Please look in your phones forum as there are more related answers.

All solved, thanks so much, running ARHD 41.00 Sense Edition for now ;)

Reactions: TheArc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Jvov you can mount your internal SD card using your custom recovery :)

All solved, thanks so much, running ARHD 41.00 Sense Edition for now ;)