Phone goes to Gallery after viewing MMS pix?

Search This thread

BBEgo

Sep 14, 2011
Hi all. Does anybody know how to fix this issue? It's driving my girl crazy.
She gets a picture MMS, views it, and then hits the 'back' button to go back to her messages. But instead of going back to her messages, it opens the Gallery! WTF? LOL

She says it's been doing it since the most recent update, but I remember her talking about this months ago. So I think it may have been the first update.

Can anyone help with suggestions? She's on the Stock ROM.
Thanks!

Sent from my HTC DNA

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Hi all. Does anybody know how to fix this issue? It's driving my girl crazy.
She gets a picture MMS, views it, and then hits the 'back' button to go back to her messages. But instead of going back to her messages, it opens the Gallery! WTF? LOL

She says it's been doing it since the most recent update, but I remember her talking about this months ago. So I think it may have been the first update.

Can anyone help with suggestions? She's on the Stock ROM.
Thanks!

Sent from my HTC DNA

Questions should go in the Q&A forum. I would think that somewhere along the way when your gf chose to open a pic in mms...The S4 asked her what app to use and if to use only once.. I suspect this now the default and I'm not sure how to reset the default.

safestrap enabled, Hyperdrive driven

BBEgo

Sep 14, 2011
Sorry about the wrong forum. I realized that a few minutes after I posted.

Ahh, good call. Maybe if I go to Manage Apps and clear data in either Gallery or Messages, it'll fix the problem. The question then is will she lose her texts or photos in doing that?

Sent from my HTC DNA

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Sorry about the wrong forum. I realized that a few minutes after I posted.

Ahh, good call. Maybe if I go to Manage Apps and clear data in either Gallery or Messages, it'll fix the problem. The question then is will she lose her texts or photos in doing that?

Sent from my HTC DNA

I can't answer that. Good concern

papstar

Nov 19, 2010
MA
Google Pixel 5
Questions should go in the Q&A forum. I would think that somewhere along the way when your gf chose to open a pic in mms...The S4 asked her what app to use and if to use only once.. I suspect this now the default and I'm not sure how to reset the default.

manage apps > gallery > clear defaults
I'm on cm11, not sure if it's the same in tw.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: BBEgo

BBEgo

Sep 14, 2011
I tried your idea, papstar, but unfortunately it didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion though. I appreciate it.

Sent from my HTC DNA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

manage apps > gallery > clear defaults
    I'm on cm11, not sure if it's the same in tw.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app