[Q] I9300 fresh install freezing

Search This thread

Bukinnear

May 19, 2014
Hey guys,

Title pretty much says it, I have an S3 I9300 that is occasionally freezing for about 10~ minutes at a time. I looked at a few threads that mentioned that it might be bad memory blocks, but I don't think that's it since this only started happening since I flashed Omnirom (omni-4.4.2-20140518-i9300-NIGHTLY), I was previously using CM 10.2 and had no (freezing related) trouble with that. I can't reproduce the problem in any specific way, it seems to be random, usually after you try to make an action of some sort.

Is this a known issue? Would re-flashing it be likely to help? It's unlikely to be an app interfering, as this was happening before I even in stalled GApps

AMLB

May 8, 2013
I was using the same omnirom in my S3 i didnt have any issues.. Before you flashed omni did you wipe data and cache?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Bukinnear

AMLB

May 8, 2013
Maybe reflashing it would fix it.. What was the recovery you were using?

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

If reflashing doesnt work, turn off your S3 and remove your battery for about a minute. I know it's a ridiculous solution but i have seen similar problems in other forums and that worked for them. Tell me if it works. :)

Reactions: Bukinnear

Bukinnear

May 19, 2014

I'm currently using CMW. I know that it's not 100% supported, so that might be the issue, but I am using the most current version of it and I know others have had success. I'm wondering if I don't have a dodgy mother board because I'm also currently facing a problem whereby sometimes when someone calls me, neither of us can hear anything and that was happening before I flashed the new rom as well (that was actually the reason that I flashed omnirom in the first place).

What I'm thinking is maybe I swap over to CM 11 and see what that does for me. What I'm seeing of omni so far, I like, but it doesn't have enough features for my tastes yet. I'll probably come back in the future either when it's matured a bit or when CM does sopmething silly with their commercialization

addiepats

Dec 11, 2013
Cm11 doesnt have that much features though. Omnirom has some features that cm11 doesnt have. But if you like a little bit of more stability with simple features, then cm11 is a way to go :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Bukinnear and AMLB

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cm11 doesnt have that much features though. Omnirom has some features that cm11 doesnt have. But if you like a little bit of more stability with simple features, then cm11 is a way to go :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app
    I was using the same omnirom in my S3 i didnt have any issues.. Before you flashed omni did you wipe data and cache?

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

If reflashing doesnt work, turn off your S3 and remove your battery for about a minute. I know it's a ridiculous solution but i have seen similar problems in other forums and that worked for them. Tell me if it works. :)