ox 0x0 Safe Update from Stock Rooted NB4 to N900TUVUDNE6

Search This thread

imaleecher

Mar 29, 2011
Figured it out...

Download the full N900TUVUDNF1_N900TTMBDNF1_N900TUVUDNF1_HOME.tar file and extract it on the phone.
You'll end up with N900TUVUDNF1_N900TTMBDNF1_N900TUVUDNF1_HOME.tar.md5
Open Mobile ODIN and click on Open File... and load the extracted .tar.md5 file.
Make sure Enable EverRoot/Inject SuperSu/Inject Mobile ODIN is checked
Select Wipe data and cache/Wipe Dalvik cache
Click Flash Firmware

Let it do it's thing, it'll take a few minutes to setup and boot past the TMobile screen. Then you'll be greeted with a clean NF1 stock rooted rom with KNOX 0x0.
Open SuperSU and it'll ask to disable KNOX from popping up and warning you

Daved+

May 25, 2008
Figured it out...

Download the full N900TUVUDNF1_N900TTMBDNF1_N900TUVUDNF1_HOME.tar file and extract it on the phone.
You'll end up with N900TUVUDNF1_N900TTMBDNF1_N900TUVUDNF1_HOME.tar.md5
Open Mobile ODIN and click on Open File... and load the extracted .tar.md5 file.
Make sure Enable EverRoot/Inject SuperSu/Inject Mobile ODIN is checked
Select Wipe data and cache/Wipe Dalvik cache
Click Flash Firmware

Let it do it's thing, it'll take a few minutes to setup and boot past the TMobile screen. Then you'll be greeted with a clean NF1 stock rooted rom with KNOX 0x0.
Open SuperSU and it'll ask to disable KNOX from popping up and warning you
Are you still running the NB6 BL? Does it work just fine with the NF1 rom?

lvov7342

Mar 2, 2011
I'm running with everything updated to NF1

Hello!
I'm currently running rooted NB4 with TWRP recovery.
I'm not 100% clear on how I can update the firmware & modems to NF1.
I've downloaded all of the files required for NF1 & have mobile Odin installed.

Could someone please provide instructions on where I can go from here.
I'm experienced in messing with custom roms & PC odin, but I just want to make sure that I don't mess-up knox or loose my data.

Thanks!

imaleecher

Mar 29, 2011
Hello!
I'm currently running rooted NB4 with TWRP recovery.
I'm not 100% clear on how I can update the firmware & modems to NF1.
I've downloaded all of the files required for NF1 & have mobile Odin installed.

Could someone please provide instructions on where I can go from here.
I'm experienced in messing with custom roms & PC odin, but I just want to make sure that I don't mess-up knox or loose my data.

Thanks!

See post #21 I wrote above.

imaleecher

Mar 29, 2011
How would I update using Mobile Odin? I have the update waiting at the top of my notification

sent from a Galaxy Note 3 Far far away

Does it mean mobile Odin updated your bl? I've read it does not but you didn't mention anything about updating the bl in your post so I'm wondering.

Good question, I don't think Mobile Odin would update it. I did follow the original guide though and even did the odin steps on the PC to update BL so if anything, it was officially updated during that step for me.

dugryce

I followed the instructions and successfully rooted the phone, however, my phone calls require 2 or 3 attempts to complete a call, and my speakerphone turns off in the middle of calls. Should I have just left it NB6 instead of NF1?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Waiting for part 2 of this, 0X0 KNOX Safe NE6 to NF1 guide.

Already did this. Exact same procedure.

Download all the files from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2789932

Use Triangle away/wanam exposed etc to reset status to official.
    Open with Mobile Odin, select Everroot, Inject SuperSu, Mobile Odin etc and flash.
    After restarting, flash the bootloader in download mode with Odin on PC.
    If you have problems like Samsung keyboard crashing, flash the CSC in download mode using Odin on PC (I had to do this).

The process is exactly same as it was before, just with new files.

Knox 0x0 and stock rooted NF1 with everything working (including KNOX, ISIS and Good for Enterprise etc. with relevant root hiding Xposed modules). :)
    I saw a LOT of confusion here about knox safe update.
    So I thought I will write simple instructions for everyone. I had this in some other thread, but it got lost and people still kept asking the same questions again and again.

The steps here are only if you are on stock rooted 4.4 with Knox intact and you want to keep it that way.
    Do this at your own risk. I am just documenting what worked for me. I am not responsible for bricked devices, knox 0x1 etc.
    I am no flashing expert, so I may not be able to help you if you get stuck.

Steps to flash:
    0) Use Triangle Away and reset status (if not clean) {if you have official system status set from Wanam Xposed, that is also fine}
    1) Download n900t_ne6_modem+nonhlos, n900t_ne6_kernel-only and n900t_ne6_system_cache_recovery_stock attached.
    2) Run Mobile Odin, open each file and verify it is loaded properly.
    3) Make sure keep root (everRoot, Injuct Superuser and Mobile Odin) and other options are selected (should be there by default).
    4) Wipe Dalvik/Data and cache (Not required but HIGHLY recommended)
    5) Flash
    6) The phone will reboot. Wait for progress-bars to finish. It'll go to Odin Mode, Downloading, Do not turn off this device. Again, very important, wait for progress-bars to finish. When it seems like everything is done, and it is not doing anything anymore, press and hold the power button to off and reboot.
    7) Phone will reboot and it might take a long time, but once done, you'll have NE6 + Root + Knox 0x0 safe.

Steps to update Bootloader:
    8) Make your own NE6 bootloader as mentioned here (http://www.mobtivity.com/de/news/galaxy-note-3-update-auf-android-kitkat-mit-root-und-knox-0x0.html), or for N900T only, you can download attached.
    9) Use Odin (PC) and open the bootloader you created/downloaded.
    10) Select ONLY auto reboot and Phone Bootloader Update in Odin. DO NOT SELECT "RESET TIME".
    11) Restart phone in Download Mode
    12) Press Start.
    13) After flashing, phone will restart. If all goes well, have fun, else if you have keyboard FC etc, flash the CSC file from Odin (same setting as mentioned above).

Enjoy, and have patience. Do it properly and carefully and you'll have no problems :)
    Hope this helps.

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
    1) n900t_ne6_modem+nonhlos: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BydaMTxETVnfZkZiNmR6Yy1kUDQ/edit
    2) n900t_ne6_kernel-only: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BydaMTxETVnfU3Y4Sm5IOGh0ZXc/edit
    3) n900t_ne6_system_cache_recovery_stock: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BydaMTxETVnfYjJ3X3JCYUFfYm8/edit
    4) Bootloader (N900T): http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2769814&d=1401392135
    5) CSC: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4DwjGg9GKiqM3FOZVRtZ3ctVFU/edit

Acknowledgements:
    I couldn't have done this without the files from other threads. Sincere thanks to them.
    1) @stash9123 for original OTA files
    2) @jacodaburr for the original bootloader. I didn't want to try his bootloader in fear of tripping Knox, but took the plunge and came out successful :)
    3) Me ;) for having balls of steel to try this when I didn't want to trip knox. And also for writing this.
    Are you still running the NB6 BL? Does it work just fine with the NF1 rom?

I'm running with everything updated to NF1