[YU Yunique][ROM][OTA] Mirrors for official Cyanogen roms & OTA updates

Search This thread

SkandaH

XDA Portal Supporter
Jun 8, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F1
OnePlus 7T
Now CM appear to have disabled their links to official roms, updates & kernels for older builds, I've mirrored them all on AndroidFileHost and put the links in one post so that they're easy to find.

There are different files for each ROM: signed fastboot flashable zips, signed zips, OTA incremental update zips., boot-debuggable images and stock recovery images.

Signed fastboot flashable zips: These contain the complete rom and can overwrite everything including your data partition. These cannot be flashed via recovery - extract their contents and flash via fastboot.

Signed zips: Normal recovery-flashable zips that contains just the system and kernel (they won't overwrite your data partition).

OTA incremental update zips: These are recovery-flashable zips that update your rom to a newer version. To check which version you are running, look at the ro.build.version.incremental line in your /system/build.prop file and then update incrementally.

Boot-debuggable images: These are boot images (kernels) that enable adb root and the developer menu options. To be flashed via fastboot.

Stock recovery images: These are stock recovery images which are recommended for applying OTA incremental update zips. To be flashed via fastboot.

Signed fastboot flashable zips

Signed zips

OTA incremental update zips

N/A

Boot-debuggable images

Stock recovery images

N/A

SkandaH

XDA Portal Supporter
Jun 8, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F1
OnePlus 7T
[How To] Flash Cyanogen OS on YU Yunique (jalebi):

Use at your own risk - blame yourself if the device is bricked or YU doesn't provide warranty! If you're skeptical, then better wait for official announcement & tutorials.

1. Unlock the bootloader.
2. Grab the latest signed fastboot flashable zip & unpack it.
3. Assuming that fastboot binary is on system's path, execute the following:
Code:
fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash aboot emmc_appsboot.mbn
fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash rpm rpm.mbn
fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash sbl1 sbl1.mbn
fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash tz tz.mbn
fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash hyp hyp.mbn
fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash splash splash.img
fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash boot boot.img
fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash cache cache.img
fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash system system.img
fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot -i 0x2A96 reboot

Ish4

Mar 27, 2015
Pune
@Titokhan Thanx for such a great work... Just some questions before trying.
Has anyone tried it with TWRP?? Or Fastboot???
Is it working on any yunique device?? have you tried it??

sameer419

Jul 8, 2014
Hyderabad
Redmi K20 Pro
Testing it right now, need to backup my stuff then my stock rom then will proceed according to the steps above.
Wondering if that fastboot cmds need to do one by one or all at once copy paste? What does this mean "fastboot binary is on system's path" ?

reyyhawn

Nov 5, 2015
Samsung Galaxy A10
@Titokhan Thanx for such a great work... Just some questions before trying.
Has anyone tried it with TWRP?? Or Fastboot???
Is it working on any yunique device?? have you tried it??

Sameer..plz provide reviews on cos 12.1

---------- Post added at 06:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 AM ----------

tito...which .zip file to download for flashing yunique. as u said..."signed fastboot .zip" is complete os.... so does u
it means..signd zip which has lesser features than the first one. plzz help...which .zip file will be best for yunique..

sameer419

Jul 8, 2014
Hyderabad
Redmi K20 Pro
Before installing cos mod 12.1:
Bugs:
1. Removing apps from Recents also kills background services of apps like WhatsApp, Hike, etc., which prevents notifications from being received until these apps are manually opened again.
2. User-installed apps like WhatsApp do not auto-start on boot. So no notifications are received until the app is opened manually.
3. Very often, the brightness of the display automatically changes to maximum even when auto-brightness is off. This can hurt the eyes when it happens while the phone is being used in a dark environment. Manually re-setting the brightness to low only leads to 'auto-max-brightness' happening again soon after. This seems to be caused by PowerManagerService or DisplayPowerManager.
4. Boot Animation doesn't play properly in many cases.
5. "Apps with usage access" feature in Security is reported to be not working.
6. Apps like True Caller, App Lock, etc. are not working, probably due to bug number 5.
7. UC Browser if storage is set to external sd card, the downloads will get failed in a sec or two.
8. Battery backup was too less even on wifi.
9. Camera sound cannot be disabled, not even by enabling "No Interruptions" ring mode.
10. While in a call half screen is coming with caller name and half is dialpad. There is no option to receive/reject the call... After finished I've to call back to the same no, with this same halfscreen problem...
11.Cannot set another browser as default browser, unless root the phone and uninstall stock browser.

So I was waiting eagerly for an update or cyanogen mod (I'm first time using it now). Then I read a thread on yu forum redirecting here for cos12.1. I have already unlocked bootloader on my device and proceeded further with the above steps. And ye I asked in my previous post about those cmds to be entered together at once or separately. It have to entered separately, though most of the above cmds took barely 1-30 secs but system.img took like 3 mins. I was really worried if it was stuck or something or bricked my phone. But the flashing completed in 1 hour.

Now feeling cool without any those above bugs, whatsapp works good and truecaller is already intregated into rom, which doesn't require us to download truecaller app.
Though a bit more work have to be done, like first booting twrp, then install supersu, then xposedframework then no watermark module.
Phone is running smooth and fast, no lags. So ye it got improved by getting cos.
Loving it <3

Last edited:

vinaysalunke

Aug 21, 2013
mumbai

---------- Post added at 06:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 AM ----------

tito...which .zip file to download for flashing yunique. as u said..."signed fastboot .zip" is complete os.... so does u
it means..signd zip which has lesser features than the first one. plzz help...which .zip file will be best for yunique..

download the signed zip file and flash it using twrp.

abhisheksadanand

Nov 2, 2015

Complete guide on how to install CM 12.1 jalebi on yu yunique

http ://forums.yuplaygod.com/index.php?posts/334046

To open d above link...pls delete d space between http and :

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. Ajay

vinaysalunke

Aug 21, 2013
mumbai
Updated Install Guide :)

1. Download the signed zip from this site :-
Link

2 . Boot to twrp recovery. (Power + Volume Up)
. . Backup your system and data in recovery.

3 . Wipe system, data, cache, dalvic cache.
. Now click install from Sd-Card.
4 . Flash d CM 12.1 zip file. (704Mb)

Done! Enjoy

To remove d water mark:
1. Download xposed-v75-sdk22-arm and flash it through twrp.(download http://googleweblight.com/?lite_url...641716&sig=APONPFkCzLBdAagSe1AYeRNs9siZHaaPMA)
2. Install xposed installer 3.0 alpha.apk file(download http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3383776&d=1435601440)
3. Download "no watermark for xposed" from playstore and activate it from xposed in d modules section.
4. Reboot
Done!

Bugs:-
This is an experimental build Few bugs are seen.
Random Reboot
Lag in Performance

Screenshots

Screenshot_2015-11-05-01-20-28.png

Screenshot_2015-11-05-01-20-04.png

If you like the guide and want to see more guides for Yunique Like our page <Link> and Subscribe on our YouTube Channel and Press Thanks :) ;):good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now CM appear to have disabled their links to official roms, updates & kernels for older builds, I've mirrored them all on AndroidFileHost and put the links in one post so that they're easy to find.

There are different files for each ROM: signed fastboot flashable zips, signed zips, OTA incremental update zips., boot-debuggable images and stock recovery images.

Signed fastboot flashable zips: These contain the complete rom and can overwrite everything including your data partition. These cannot be flashed via recovery - extract their contents and flash via fastboot.

Signed zips: Normal recovery-flashable zips that contains just the system and kernel (they won't overwrite your data partition).

OTA incremental update zips: These are recovery-flashable zips that update your rom to a newer version. To check which version you are running, look at the ro.build.version.incremental line in your /system/build.prop file and then update incrementally.

Boot-debuggable images: These are boot images (kernels) that enable adb root and the developer menu options. To be flashed via fastboot.

Stock recovery images: These are stock recovery images which are recommended for applying OTA incremental update zips. To be flashed via fastboot.

Signed fastboot flashable zips

Signed zips

OTA incremental update zips

N/A

Boot-debuggable images

Stock recovery images

N/A
    Credits

[How To] Flash Cyanogen OS on YU Yunique (jalebi):

Use at your own risk - blame yourself if the device is bricked or YU doesn't provide warranty! If you're skeptical, then better wait for official announcement & tutorials.

1. Unlock the bootloader.
    2. Grab the latest signed fastboot flashable zip & unpack it.
    3. Assuming that fastboot binary is on system's path, execute the following:
    Code:
    fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash aboot emmc_appsboot.mbn
    fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash rpm rpm.mbn
    fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash sbl1 sbl1.mbn
    fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash tz tz.mbn
    fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash hyp hyp.mbn
    fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash splash splash.img
    fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash boot boot.img
    fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash cache cache.img
    fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash system system.img
    fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash userdata userdata.img
    fastboot -i 0x2A96 reboot
    Updated Install Guide :)

1. Download the signed zip from this site :-
    Link

2 . Boot to twrp recovery. (Power + Volume Up)
    . . Backup your system and data in recovery.

3 . Wipe system, data, cache, dalvic cache.
    . Now click install from Sd-Card.
    4 . Flash d CM 12.1 zip file. (704Mb)

Done! Enjoy

To remove d water mark:
    1. Download xposed-v75-sdk22-arm and flash it through twrp.(download http://googleweblight.com/?lite_url...641716&sig=APONPFkCzLBdAagSe1AYeRNs9siZHaaPMA)
    2. Install xposed installer 3.0 alpha.apk file(download http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3383776&d=1435601440)
    3. Download "no watermark for xposed" from playstore and activate it from xposed in d modules section.
    4. Reboot
    Done!

Bugs:-
    This is an experimental build Few bugs are seen.
    Random Reboot
    Lag in Performance

Screenshots

Screenshot_2015-11-05-01-20-28.png

Screenshot_2015-11-05-01-20-04.png

If you like the guide and want to see more guides for Yunique Like our page <Link> and Subscribe on our YouTube Channel and Press Thanks :) ;):good:
    To remove the watermark, install Xposed & then use it.