Make your own sync/music dock, with your Galaxy S Box!!

Search This thread

stickyasglue

Dec 22, 2008
Birmingham
Hey, was bored so i made this dock out of the samsung galaxy s box, have a go if your feeling creative :)

See attachments for finished product :)

GUIDE:
You need:
Knife/scissors (also a screwdriver (thin as possible) is helpfull)
Galaxy s box (and inserts)
Cocktail sticks x2 (dont need if you use a STRONG glue)

Optional:
Coins (to add weight)
tape/glue (if you want a little extra support, not needed though)

Heres a quick guide and some pics to help are in the attachments :)

!)Get the foam piece that the phone sits in when you first get it
2)Cut holes to allow cables to go through foam and plug into phone
3)Cut the foam side opposite the side that you cut the holes in to.
4)cut corner off the box which has the documentation in it.
5)Stick the bit of foam you cut off the box into the rim of the corner you cut of (the glue used to stick it to the original box should be sufficent so you dont need to add your own)
6)use cocktail sticks cut to make them shorter to attach the back bit you just made to the front.
7)Add coins inside back if you want more weight and stablility (use tape to secure)
8)Done! :)

Reactions: hellescape

chrisbjr

Sep 28, 2008
Quezon City
This is really cool! I've been looking for a good dock so I can charge and have it plugged to speakers as well. Might make my own with the box too like you did. Very creative! Will need lots of time though. Thanks for posting this!

kempas

Aug 12, 2008
If you phone needs a claim within the warranty period then you've just destroyed the packaging it came in - same if you want to sell your phone on in the future...

I like to keep my boxes safe and pristine - even keep the cable ties and screen protection film...:D

SamsungGalaxySVibrant

Jul 31, 2010
LOL

This post really made me laugh sooo hard. Thanks.

I won't be doing this, but very creative idea. You are a little Martha Stewert in the making.

Maybe I can add some tips. To make the cardboard box more sturdy and water proof. Get some clear polyurethane, add a coat of polyeurethane. It will make it more sturdy, thicker, and water proof.

hukkguai

Jun 3, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
If you phone needs a claim within the warranty period then you've just destroyed the packaging it came in - same if you want to sell your phone on in the future...

I like to keep my boxes safe and pristine - even keep the cable ties and screen protection film...:D

For warranty claims don't they just send you the phone and you send yours back? I do see where it can make a difference in selling the phone though.

Arkymedes

Dec 6, 2009
France
Brilliant! But I will try to replicate this with other boxes around the house..
I like to keep the boxes for added value in case I want to sell the phone (what I might think will not happen anytime soon :)

Thanks for the tip anyway :)

theharry

Aug 19, 2010
Should charge the phone at least? And it's not impossible to launch your own apps after connecting it... So saying "useless" is a bit of a stretch.

Huh? I was talking about the mentioned application "DeskHome". All it does is start the "docking station" mode of the phone, so it will probably not work with the Galaxy S. That would be a 1 $ waste....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey, was bored so i made this dock out of the samsung galaxy s box, have a go if your feeling creative :)

See attachments for finished product :)

GUIDE:
    You need:
    Knife/scissors (also a screwdriver (thin as possible) is helpfull)
    Galaxy s box (and inserts)
    Cocktail sticks x2 (dont need if you use a STRONG glue)

Optional:
    Coins (to add weight)
    tape/glue (if you want a little extra support, not needed though)

Heres a quick guide and some pics to help are in the attachments :)

!)Get the foam piece that the phone sits in when you first get it
    2)Cut holes to allow cables to go through foam and plug into phone
    3)Cut the foam side opposite the side that you cut the holes in to.
    4)cut corner off the box which has the documentation in it.
    5)Stick the bit of foam you cut off the box into the rim of the corner you cut of (the glue used to stick it to the original box should be sufficent so you dont need to add your own)
    6)use cocktail sticks cut to make them shorter to attach the back bit you just made to the front.
    7)Add coins inside back if you want more weight and stablility (use tape to secure)
    8)Done! :)