Defy ear speaker is bust. Replacement?

Search This thread

Bouncer5

Jun 10, 2010
Glasgow
So the ear piece is bust, Usings a hands free kit at the moment, Knows issue apprently, wondered if anyone knows about replacements? If I put pressure of the upper right of the screen works sometimes untill I let go.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

xinaesthete

Aug 1, 2011
I got a k850i earpiece as recommended but found that the case wouldn't close properly with it in, and as a result the screen lock button didn't work. This was after some filing of the component; I couldn't see how to do any more without wrecking it.

I then realised that Defy earpieces are now readily available on eBay and have one of those which works fine at least for the time being.

[edit] Also, be careful not to loose the plastic volume / lock buttons when you take the case apart....

Last edited:

xinaesthete

Aug 1, 2011
No soldering, although it is a bit fiddly at times and the old earpiece takes some convincing to get out...

Bouncer5

Jun 10, 2010
Glasgow
Spoke to a shop who will do it, they gave different prices depended on if the ear piece is broken or if its the connection, Surely a new one will solve both issues?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

xinaesthete

Aug 1, 2011
New earpiece should solve both problems and only costs a few quid, plus another couple for the right torx t5 screwdriver. It's a fairly simple job but if you're not comfortable you could get a shop to do it... Should save any mishaps like me loosing my volume button.