[TUT]How to get our of HBOOT loop.(NO ROM/NO RECOVERY)

Search This thread

JDR0iD

Jan 22, 2011
Cardiff
www.jdr0id.com
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi.

It happened to me earlier and I've seen a few people in the same boat.

So you flashed a zip, rebooted and stuck at splash. When rebooting to recovery it goes and sticks on splash and the only thing to work is fastboot.....what to do?

Don't panic its not a brick.

Hold power 7 seconds to restart phone, when off hold vol down to enter HBOOT.

Once in HBOOT press power to enter fastboot.

First try 'fastboot erase cache' and then 'fastboot reboot-bootloader' this should do the job, if this don't work, reboot into fastboot and try below.

On your pc open cmd and change directory to where your adb and fastboot are. Once there use 'fastboot oem lock' your bootloader should now say Relocked I think.

After that download RUU specific to your handset and run. This should install fine and return you to stock.

After done you may need unlock bootloader again, I did via HTCDEV and then reflashed recovery with 'fastboot flash recovery *recovery name*

Job done, phone restored, panic over :)

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Last edited:

torxx

Mar 20, 2011
trickdroid.org
So here a method which always works (many people have issues with flashing RUU's etc. having a bootlop.)

• Download a RUU from here, thanks to Football!
  • Now open the .exe and make sure that it fully started.
  • Don't click anything, just go to windows icon and search for %temp%.
  • You will now find some folders, just search through these folders for the ROM.zip.
  • If you found it, you can copy it to your desktop or somewhere else.
  • Extract it with WinRar,7-zip or something like that and take the boot_signed.img and system.img.
  • Now copy the two files into the folder where the fastboot.exe is placed (if you have installed the Android SDK, it should be in platform-tools)
  • Plug in your One X, go into the bootloader and go into fastboot mode.
  • Navigate with the cmd in the folder with the fasboot.exe and the two .img's.
  • Now type in that:

Code:
fastboot flash boot boot_signed.img

After that:

Code:
fastboot flash system system.img

If everything worked, just reboot:

Code:
adb reboot

Last edited:

mrwookie6379

Dec 19, 2008
OP Just to save countless questions think you have missed a dash between reboot and bootloader as command should read fastboot reboot-bootloader if im not mistaken.

mrwookie6379

Dec 19, 2008
Nort that I'm aware of buddy. I could be wrong but I don't ever remember using a - ??

Ok unless i'm using a wonky version of fastboot as just brought up list of command variants when I tried without....?:confused:

Heres a screengrab...
reboot.png

PG101

RC-RT Liaison Admin - Devil's Advocate
Staff member
Aug 12, 2008
This is what I did..

Flashed the official recovery from Bronco's thread.

Flashed LeeDroid... was at 50%.. then flashed ROMeOS, was down to 35%.. started setting up.. came down to 15% when all of my settigs were complete...

Rebooted to recovery for wiping cache and dalvik so I could just put the phone to charge.. did not reboot.. just went into Splash loop...

Can go into bootloader/fastboot... tried erasing cache.

Panick-stricken, reflashed the interim recovery, as I knew for a fact that I could charge it while off - charged over night.. this morning still on splash-loop.

Just flashed the stock recovery and turned off and put it on charge. Locked the bootloader (says "re-locked")

Downloading the stock rom.. i am hoping this is the exact stock as CID may not let me flash it..

I think now the only way left is to hope that the stock flashes and the phone boots..

Any thoughts?

EDIT: Can you effing belive it... sleepless night.. countless downloads... A simple factory reset - and its fixed!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: wizard123

wizard123

Sep 13, 2010
This is what I did..

Flashed the official recovery from Bronco's thread.

Flashed LeeDroid... was at 50%.. then flashed ROMeOS, was down to 35%.. started setting up.. came down to 15% when all of my settigs were complete...

Rebooted to recovery for wiping cache and dalvik so I could just put the phone to charge.. did not reboot.. just went into Splash loop...

Can go into bootloader/fastboot... tried erasing cache.

Panick-stricken, reflashed the interim recovery, as I knew for a fact that I could charge it while off - charged over night.. this morning still on splash-loop.

Just flashed the stock recovery and turned off and put it on charge. Locked the bootloader (says "re-locked")

Downloading the stock rom.. i am hoping this is the exact stock as CID may not let me flash it..

I think now the only way left is to hope that the stock flashes and the phone boots..

Any thoughts?

EDIT: Can you effing belive it... sleepless night.. countless downloads... A simple factory reset - and its fixed!!!!!!

+1 to this. Hit factory reset from Hboot and you will get into recovery to run a wipe/factory reset.

Many thanks ;)

mick1475

Jan 14, 2010
Solihull, UK
When I got into one I just restored stock from recovery. I did the long power press and then volume- .After that it was straightforward :)

Sent from my dishwasher

Selech

Aug 11, 2008
Sorø
I did this today! Was about to freak out, but read it somewhere before this thread. I remember this happened to an older phone aswell..

Does anybody know what causes this? I know most people won't care as long as it helps, but I'm a little interested..

Sendt fra min HTC One X med Tapatalk2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi.

It happened to me earlier and I've seen a few people in the same boat.

So you flashed a zip, rebooted and stuck at splash. When rebooting to recovery it goes and sticks on splash and the only thing to work is fastboot.....what to do?

Don't panic its not a brick.

Hold power 7 seconds to restart phone, when off hold vol down to enter HBOOT.

Once in HBOOT press power to enter fastboot.

First try 'fastboot erase cache' and then 'fastboot reboot-bootloader' this should do the job, if this don't work, reboot into fastboot and try below.

On your pc open cmd and change directory to where your adb and fastboot are. Once there use 'fastboot oem lock' your bootloader should now say Relocked I think.

After that download RUU specific to your handset and run. This should install fine and return you to stock.

After done you may need unlock bootloader again, I did via HTCDEV and then reflashed recovery with 'fastboot flash recovery *recovery name*

Job done, phone restored, panic over :)

So here a method which always works (many people have issues with flashing RUU's etc. having a bootlop.)

• You will now find some folders, just search through these folders for the ROM.zip.
    • Extract it with WinRar,7-zip or something like that and take the boot_signed.img and system.img.
    • Now copy the two files into the folder where the fastboot.exe is placed (if you have installed the Android SDK, it should be in platform-tools)
    • Now type in that:

Code:

After that:

Code:

Code:
    adb reboot
    ok thanks for the thread
    after fastboot erase cache
    Do also a fastboot reboot bootloader.
    Usually works after that
    Hope this helps
    I will write a little tutorial which always works.

You will find it in the 3rd post..

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

• Now type in that:

Code:

After that:

Code:

Code:
    adb reboot

For everyone who has issues with installing a RUU after troubles..