Partition table doesn't exist

Search This thread

dondelion

Mar 31, 2014
Hey all,

So I seem to have soft bricked my tablet (Nexus 7 2013 LTE). I can get into fastboot mode (but not into the recovery menu) then I am stuck on the Google logo. Does this mean the device is repairable?

Device manager on Windows shows the tablet as
- an unknown device (no drivers installed / Samsung (Wugfresh) / Google drivers)
- Android bootloader interface (Snoop05's tool)
- Android ADB Interface (PDAnet (Wugfresh)).

On all of them the driver is not correctly installed and I have the exclamation mark showing on device manager. I am unable to access the tablet via fastboot or ADB at this time.

I have tried every permutation I can think of so am turning to the hive mind for advice.

To compound matters I am in Turkey and I don't speak Turkish. I've been in an internet cafe for about 5 hours now and it's 1am (Turkish keyboards have an ı where i should be and you can imagine how many times I have mistyped). I am on a year long cycle tour and the tablet has my music, books, guidebooks and dictionaries on it so I am pretty hacked off. Especially given that I've only just arrived...

I did manage to connect via ADB yesterday but ran out of time as I was borrowing someone's computer and can't replicate the steps. Gah!

I have backups of all my data so essentially I would just like to factory reset. Any help gratefully received!

Thanks,

Don

Last edited:

dondelion

Mar 31, 2014
Well, I found the right combination of drivers (Snoop05's tool then PDANet on Wugfresh) and can now see the device via fastboot so I have unlocked it. However whenever I try and flash boot / system / recovery, etc via fastboot I'm receiving an error 'remote: partition table doesn't exist'. Any ideas, people?

dondelion

Mar 31, 2014
Probably useful to add that the problem was initially caused when I removed the SIM card whilst the unit was switched on. I received a message asking me to reboot and it has been bricked since. Also, I was runing stock unrooted.

Thanks

dondelion

Mar 31, 2014
I have now tried every toolkit I can find but still no joy. I seem to have corrupted my partition table which is preventing me writing anything to the device.

To confirm - I can boot into fastboot mode and can see the device via fastboot using command line and can unlock it using 'fastboot oem unlock'. I have the images to write using 'fastboot flash boot/recovery/system [image location] but nothing will let me write to the device without receiving the error 'FAILED - remote: partition table doesn't exist'.

I have searched everywhere and can't find very much. Is the device recoverable or have I fecked it...? I need to get out of internet cafes and onto my bike...

Cheers in advance

dondelion

Mar 31, 2014
Gulp! 100+ views and no replies...does no-one want to break it to me that my lovely tablet is beyond help! Is the only solution some wizardry using GParted or something? I'm already in way over my head.

I'm only bugging you all as I am running out of time in town and need to head off into the wilds. I have tonight and that's it for at least a week. It would be nice to have some company ie books and music...oh and a Turkish dictionary and translator...poor attempt to drum up sympathy I know.

Raverbunny

Oct 23, 2012
Brisbane
I'll be honest, I've never seen such an issue as yours but it's worth a try since you got fastboot to do fastboot format of all your partitions and see if it helps to flash factory image. Something like fastboot format system for example.
Sorry I can't be more help

Nexus 7 LTE
Carbon Rom
Faux Kernel

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
I have now tried every toolkit I can find but still no joy. I seem to have corrupted my partition table which is preventing me writing anything to the device.

To confirm - I can boot into fastboot mode and can see the device via fastboot using command line and can unlock it using 'fastboot oem unlock'. I have the images to write using 'fastboot flash boot/recovery/system [image location] but nothing will let me write to the device without receiving the error 'FAILED - remote: partition table doesn't exist'.

I have searched everywhere and can't find very much. Is the device recoverable or have I fecked it...? I need to get out of internet cafes and onto my bike...

Cheers in advance

Remove Wug's drivers and what ever other old drivers you have and follow this tutorial http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2381582 make sure your getting for the data and not WiFi only. Get them old drivers out of there first.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dondelion

Mar 31, 2014
I'll be honest, I've never seen such an issue as yours but it's worth a try since you got fastboot to do fastboot format of all your partitions and see if it helps to flash factory image. Something like fastboot format system for example.
Sorry I can't be more help

Nexus 7 LTE
Carbon Rom
Faux Kernel

Fastboot format still appears to require an intact partition table as I still receive an error - 'FAILED (command write failed (invalid argument))' but thank for the response.

Remove Wug's drivers and what ever other old drivers you have and follow this tutorial http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2381582 make sure your getting for the data and not WiFi only. Get them old drivers out of there first.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I tried this but same problem - no partition table so unable write anything to the device, thanks...

redbeard211

Sep 13, 2017
i have the same problem ....i just usedf flo-ebb clamours repartition and it wiped out all my partions i can only access fast boot but cant install anything as it says " no such partition "