[DEV][Kernel] P5210 | USB RT8187 | Aircrack-ng How to Included

Search This thread

Daniel-TAz00

Aug 11, 2012
www.drebsdorf.net
Hi,

This kernel/rom lets you connect an RT8187 USB Wifi adapter to your GT-P5210 and run aircrack-ng/airmon-ng/airodump-ng through Linux on Android.

Mind the noobness, I just compiled my first kernel(ever) and stuck it in someones image and it worked.

AOUpI2S.png

(worked untill i enabled the builtin wifi, lol)

After i bought one of these tablets I can't say I'm not a bit dissapointed about the amount of dev work on the GT-5210, (words go unspoken for DutchDanny, Angel_666, trevd)
It's an x86 device, anything should be compileable and runable without any arm mods (i'm looking at you kali linux) this thing should be owning the Nexus 7.

Tested with TWRP 2.7 recovery

Its built using builduntu, and from the P5210UEUAMI8 source, with the toolchain recommended in the Kernel Readme.

I followed this tutorial to enable driver support
And this detailed guide to compile the kernel and create a proper boot.img

Replaced the boot.img in Mod57's rom with my modified one. (god fed up with fastboot and usb issues on Win 8.1 and just flashed it, it worked. Thats my testing)

This is built using the Samsung GT-P5210 P5210UEUAMI8 [4.2.2] Jelly Bean base.
ORIGINAL THREAD

This is not debloated it's fat and sassy like Samsung intended it.
If you would like to debloat I highly recommend using DutchDanny's debloater which can be found here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2482582

• Jelly Bean P5210UEUAMI8
  • Fully Deodexed
  • Rooted
  • BusyBox
  • Zipaligned
  • Extended Power Menu (Wanam Xposed)
  • Will Not Delete Internal SD

Thanks to:
DutchDanny
Angel_666
Zidkijah

and everyone else who has contributed to this device.

Download:
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23189362627838229
MD5: 79f732fefbaf7882bc7c814d3ac1e998

Once you have downloaded and verified Mod57's rom, open up the zip and replace boot.img with this one:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9gfucdzsadciy66/boot.zip
MD5: 4dd95a78c78550586cf3c2f7953978ab boot.img

You must have a rooted device (I used TWRP 2.7, http://nasirtech.blogspot.dk/2014/03/root-p5210xxuanb4-android-422-stock.html)
Code:
Put the modified rom onto the sdcard
Go to recovery
Wipe Cache and dalvik-cache
Install the ROM
Reboot and enjoy

Once you have installed the kernel and it boots up, you must follow these steps to chroot into an ubuntu image and compile / install aircrack.
Code:
Download this image: ubuntu-13.10.LARGE.x86.ext2.v1.zip
from [url]http://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxonandroid/files/Ubuntu/13.10/x86/[/url]
and copy it to your sdcard

Thanks to jorgen_gustavsson for his excellent work [url]http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2573441[/url]

1.  Install busybox [url]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stericson.busybox[/url]
2.  Install a vnc viewer [url]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=android.androidVNC[/url]
3.  Install [url]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid[/url]
    (Not sure, but open and close it once to be safe)
4.  Copy bootscript.sh [url=http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2573441]link to bootscript thread[/url] to /data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/ overwrite the old file.
    bootscript.sh
    (Thanks to xdadev: jorgen_gustavsson)
5.  Unpack and Copy the ubuntu-13.10.LARGE.x86.ext2.img and .md5 to a place of your choosing on either internal or external sdcard.
6.  Make a Linux on Android widget and point it to the img file you copied to your sdcard (ubuntu-13.10.LARGE.x86.ext2.v1.img).
7.  Now click on the LOA widget you made in 6 and let linux ”bootup”
8.  Press 'y' to check MD5 checksum 
9.  Connect vnc to localhost:5900 password ubuntu

Now to install Aircrack

# Libraries
sudo updatedb
sudo apt-get install build-essential
sudo apt-get install gcc
sudo apt-get install zlibg-dev
sudo apt-get install libssl-dev (or libssl-dev depending on your distribution)

#airolib-ng optional sqlite=true
sudo apt-get install libsqlite3-devel

#libnl optional libnl=true
sudo apt-get install libnl-genl-3-dev libnl-3-dev

#Required Extras
sudo apt-get install wireless-tools
sudo apt-get install net-tools
sudo apt-get install wicd-curses (or wicd-cli)
sudo apt-get install usbutils
sudo apt-get install wpasupplicant
sudo apt-get install dbus

# Download & unpack (or replace link with latest trunk)
wget [url]http://download.aircrack-ng.org/aircrack-ng-1.2-beta3.tar.gz[/url]
tar -zxvf aircrack-ng-1.2-beta3.tar.gz
cd aircrack-ng-1.2-beta3

# Make
sudo make libnl=false sqlite=false
sudo make install libnl=false sqlite=false

# or
make libnl=true;make libnl=true install
make install libnl=true;make libnl=true install

# or Airolib-ng support
make sqlite=true;make sqlite=true install
make install sqlite=true;make sqlite=true install

# Add binaries to path
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/sbin

# add the above line to below file for include path on startup
vim /home/ubuntu/.bashrc

# Update MAC OUI
airodump-ng-oui-update

Reboot and disable your internal wifi, connect your dongle, and get cracking.

This is what I spent my easter (and then some) doing, I hope someone can make good use of it. I can :)

Maybe someone can come along and add bcmon for the bcm4334 chipset
(Just maybe https://code.google.com/p/bcmon/source/browse/trunk/bcm4330/driver/src/bcmdhd/Kconfig?r=4 )

Any feedback and questions are welcome:

why didn't you use the latest source? -couldn't find it
Will this kernel work with xx rom? -probably not
Why aren't more roms including this? -dno, its in the menuconfig, should be easy

I've tried to give thanks where ever possible, let me know if you feel left out.
Ill come back tomorrow and clean up my post.

Best Regards

Last edited:

Max4000

Aug 17, 2011
Hannover
Once you have downloaded and verified Mod57's rom

Thank your for your work. This is what I've been looking a long time for.

Please, would you provide a flashable zip of the rom with your kernel? It looks like I'm doing something wrong.
After flashing the modified rom my P5210 just keeps showing the wird boot logo and wont boot up at all.

Thanks in regard!

r2d23cpo

Jan 25, 2014
@Max4000 Do you realize that what Daniel-TAz00 original article is about!
He is showing us a way to run Aircrack-ng in a Ubuntu VNC session with our TAB3 wifi turned off but with a external USB WIFI Dongle!!!!.
He also suggest it will be nice if somebody, created the modification on our own TAB3 10.1 driver sources and compiled it in a new kernel. It was just a suggestion. Then a few commented but no buddy gave the final answer.

I did not follow his steps. I do not even understood why he start with a new TAB3 rom! And a new boot.img. I guess he gave that as a reference as how he did it.
@Jacker31 What is what you are trying to compile, your sources and steps? And what is the exact error?

This is an interested topic to me. But I been sick for more than a week.

Reactions: Jacker31

Jacker31

Feb 5, 2014
Johor
He is showing us a way to run Aircrack-ng in a Ubuntu VNC session with our TAB3 wifi turned off but with a external USB WIFI Dongle!!!!.
He also suggest it will be nice if somebody, created the modification on our own TAB3 10.1 driver sources and compiled it in a new kernel. It was just a suggestion. Then a few commented but no buddy gave the final answer.

I did not follow his steps. I do not even understood why he start with a new TAB3 rom! And a new boot.img. I guess he gave that as a reference as how he did it.

@Jacker31 What is what you are trying to compile, your sources and steps? And what is the exact error?

This is an interested topic to me. But I been sick for more than a week.

Well it have been a long story, I posted a thread about my error, here : http://xdaforums.com/general/help/question-error-2-error-compiling-x86-t3047439 but in the end i found out i used the wrong toolchain. So i redownloaded the correct version and try again. It works but another error popup, its about some Broadcom error. I can successfully compile it after i disabled it in menuconfig. But instead of getting a Zimage i got a Bzimage. So Idk what to do with it. I googled a tones of information but still have no idea what to do with that bzimage. I used Kali Linux to compile and those kernel files are from http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=sub&sub=F&searchValue=p5220 GT-P5220_SEA_KK_Opensource. Now i am trying to install builduntu and try to compile it again. Any tips or helps? especially with that bzimage

Max4000

Aug 17, 2011
Hannover
Hi,

This kernel/rom lets you connect an RT8187 USB Wifi adapter to your GT-P5210 and run aircrack-ng/airmon-ng/airodump-ng through Linux on Android.

[...]

Once you have downloaded and verified Mod57's rom, open up the zip and replace boot.img with this one:

I get it. He offers a kernel and tells to place it in an flashable zip of an other firmware.
This is not a new firmware, it's just a kernel.

Maybe someone can create a flashable zip of the kernel he has linked to. So I would try to flash it separately.

r2d23cpo

Jan 25, 2014
OHH BOY!

This is Daniel-TAz00 thread, so he know what he is finally offering you when he said.
I'll upload a complete zip for you, it's just gonna take a little while ....

Now what will be this "complete zip" he is offering! I hope is your desired kernel.

I get it. He offers a kernel and tells to place it in an flashable zip of an other firmware.
This is not a new firmware, it's just a kernel...

Max4000 In your quote
You are just looking in "This kernel/rom" at the beginning. While I am trying to tell you to look at the end "through Linux on Android."

So yes that kernel may have the "external RT8187 USB Wifi adapter driver" but in order to run "aircrack-ng/airmon-ng/airodump-ng" you need to run it through Linux....

Clearly the best approach is to use our internal wifi and some how run "aircrack-ng/airmon-ng/airodump-ng" without the need of "Linux" chrooted on Android.

@ Jacker31 I answered in your thread
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=59310924&postcount=2

Last edited:

Jacker31

Feb 5, 2014
Johor

Daniel-TAz00

Aug 11, 2012
www.drebsdorf.net
@r2d23cpo Thanks :) it was helpful for that Android Kitchen part :) How do you create a flashable .zip out of boot.img? I am thinking of using philz to create a custom rom backup and replace the boot.img with the one i modded.

I did it with 7zip, open zip, replace boot.img, save zip, flash zip :)

[MENTION=5688554]r2d23cpo[/MENTION
@Daniel-TAz00 Do you just edit the zimage or you even edited ur ramdisk? Eg: copy .ko modules into lib/modules/?

I compiled my zimage, and that was pretty much it i think

Jacker31

Feb 5, 2014
Johor
@Daniel-TAz00 Didn't expect was that easy XD just 7zip haha, gotta try it out after my dinner XD hope it works. I will post it if it works with p5220 since your post is for p5210. I have to agree with you that there is really rare to see Galaxy tab 3 10.1 series (00, 10 or 20(LTE)) development going, guess maybe there is limited advanced users on tab 3 10.1 series.

Last edited:

r2d23cpo

Jan 25, 2014
@Daniel-TAz00 First thanks. Nice work. But can you tell us if your "942MB" file is just the same
In particular it is VNC Linux on Android

Now I think @Jacker31 is here for the fun of learning kernel compile and finding a way to implement "aircrack-ng/airmon-ng/airodump-ng" with TAB3 10.1 own Wifi and without Linux VNC. That is what I guess from his post.

... it was helpful for that Android Kitchen part...
Thanks goes to the Greatest creator @osm0sis. Last time he complains on me for saying it was another Kitchen. So NOOOO It is the best Kitchen in xda. I know all this nice applications get hidden on so many post. @moonbutt74 was the one to point me to use AIK.

... How do you create a flashable .zip out of boot.img? I am thinking of using philz to create a custom rom backup and replace the boot.img with the one i modded. ...
I will answer down

... Do you just edit the zimage or you even edited ur ramdisk? Eg: copy .ko modules into lib/modules/?
You see Jacker31 is trying to include the needed driver in a kernel. But that is only a step.
So, which modules Tab3 10.1 own wifi? If so you need to recall that first we need to modify our driver bcmdhd to allow promiscuous communication!

@Daniel-TAz00 Didn't expect was that easy XD just 7zip haha, gotta try it out after my dinner XD hope it works. I will post it if it works with p5220 since your post is for p5210. I have to agree with you that there is really rare to see Galaxy tab 3 10.1 series (00, 10 or 20(LTE)) development going, guess maybe there is limited advanced users on tab 3 10.1 series.
So I guess once you read this is going to be late, I was going you suggest to backup your own boot.img first! I do still you are a bit confuse it is not just ZIP!! see below

Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p10 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p10.img bs=4096

Is it possible to make a update.zip? If so how?
Yes, you see it is not just zip. In fact you need to make your own update.zip.

@Jacker31
1) So here is what you need to read. In this forum just search for "Edify", "updater script" and see how the script is build.
2) Please keep in mind that every device is different, in particular the partitions are in different places and in our case we are nor ARM but x86 or more technical we belong to the i686 family.
So if you unpack recovery.img an look inside the ramdiskfs you can find "/etc/recovery.fstab". By doing "cat /etc/recovery.fstab"
you will see

Code:
# mount point		fstype		device			[device2]
/config ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p3
/cache ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p6
/system ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p8 
/data ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p9 length=-16384
/recovery emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p11
/boot emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p10
/external_sd    vfat    /dev/block/mmcblk1p1

This tells you that "boot" is at partition "/dev/block/mmcblk0p10" and "recovery" at "/dev/block/mmcblk0p11".

So a valid script to introduce your new boot.img may read
Code:
ui_print("+++++++++++++++++++++++");
ui_print(" Galaxy Tab 3 gt-p52xx ");
ui_print("+++++++++++++++++++++++");
#
ui_print("Flashing boot.img");
ui_print("+++++++++++++++++++++");
#
#
package_extract_file("[COLOR="Blue"]boot.img[/COLOR]", "[COLOR="Blue"]/dev/block/mmcblk0p10[/COLOR]");
#
ui_print("Done");
ui_print("+++++++++++++++++++++");

Now I am attaching a update.zip skeleton. The needed part is in "update.zip\META-INF\com\google\android". There you will find "update-binary" valid for our x86 device. Observe how it is about 521KB. The ARM one is just around 125KB! Easily to distinguish. This "update-binary" is the program that will interpret the Edify commands that are store in "updater-script". So the "updater-script" holds the instructions.

In it you will find also "update.zip\META-INF\com\android". With "metadata" holds signature information when signed. And "otacert" with in fact holds the signature for ota validation. This files are only required when the update.zip is signed!! But that another process meant for distribution that I am not going to explain. In general when we test we do not sign the updtate.zip instead we disable that in the recovery menu, so that recovery accepts update.zip packages that are not signed. So I had include those for you knowledge but you can delete them if you want.

So the last file is "update.zip\boot.img". This is the file you are going to substitute and that you want to program.

And yes making the package is as simple of zipping all. Here is the important detail. When you zip the file you need to be in the same directory as the boot.img file is. So that the update.zip created do not contain an extra folder. In other words, when you double click a good update.zip you find quickly boot.img and META-INF folder. No extra folders.

Now waitttttt. That is just for your general knowledge. If you do use this info it is at your own risk. It is easily to do something wrong and break the device.

Example, Make sure you have a FULL battery before doing any firmware programing. The Charging mechanism is in boot image. If you have a bad boot image programing, then your device will not charge and if you get out of juice then you end up with a nonchargeable devices. It will feel that the device is dead, since you only way to charge will be to open the device and charge the battery separately!!!

Attachments

• update.zip
    16 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Jacker31

Feb 5, 2014
Johor
OHHHH BOYY.
Now I am confuse! I guess it is my fault in assuming and not waiting for answers!
I guess Master Jacker31 was in fact into the Linux, he just release How to run Kali Linux on Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 => http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-3/general/how-to-run-kali-linux-galaxy-tab-3-10-1-t3050203
In any case I hope that my last post in update.zip is useful to him and others.
@r2d23cpo
thanks for that answer, i am akinda into the linux, but there is plentyof stuff to get confused because of this x86 device and limited support from google. You are right, thats what i am going to research next, implement aircrack into the device it self and trying to find out that i can use the usb wifi dongle without turn off the build in wifi. Maybe you can surf facebook while attacking your neighbor network *joking* *its illegal anyways*

Last edited:

Jacker31

Feb 5, 2014
Johor
Well, Everything work well (I meant the script, I made some minor changes), except got stuck on that samsung Galaxy Tab 3 logo screen... I am trying to figure out why... I am trying to get a stock Boot.img and compile it again, since I used boot.img from philz back up...ANNNNNNNNNNNNND great bricked my device... not the first time though.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Mind the noobness, I just compiled my first kernel(ever) and stuck it in someones image and it worked.

AOUpI2S.png

(worked untill i enabled the builtin wifi, lol)

After i bought one of these tablets I can't say I'm not a bit dissapointed about the amount of dev work on the GT-5210, (words go unspoken for DutchDanny, Angel_666, trevd)
    It's an x86 device, anything should be compileable and runable without any arm mods (i'm looking at you kali linux) this thing should be owning the Nexus 7.

Tested with TWRP 2.7 recovery

Its built using builduntu, and from the P5210UEUAMI8 source, with the toolchain recommended in the Kernel Readme.

I followed this tutorial to enable driver support
    And this detailed guide to compile the kernel and create a proper boot.img

Replaced the boot.img in Mod57's rom with my modified one. (god fed up with fastboot and usb issues on Win 8.1 and just flashed it, it worked. Thats my testing)

This is built using the Samsung GT-P5210 P5210UEUAMI8 [4.2.2] Jelly Bean base.
    ORIGINAL THREAD

This is not debloated it's fat and sassy like Samsung intended it.
    If you would like to debloat I highly recommend using DutchDanny's debloater which can be found here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2482582

• Jelly Bean P5210UEUAMI8
    • Fully Deodexed
    • Rooted
    • BusyBox
    • Zipaligned
    • Extended Power Menu (Wanam Xposed)
    • Will Not Delete Internal SD

Thanks to:
    DutchDanny
    Angel_666
    Zidkijah

and everyone else who has contributed to this device.

Download:
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23189362627838229
    MD5: 79f732fefbaf7882bc7c814d3ac1e998

You must have a rooted device (I used TWRP 2.7, http://nasirtech.blogspot.dk/2014/03/root-p5210xxuanb4-android-422-stock.html)
    Code:
    Put the modified rom onto the sdcard
    Go to recovery
    Wipe Cache and dalvik-cache
    Install the ROM
    Reboot and enjoy

Once you have installed the kernel and it boots up, you must follow these steps to chroot into an ubuntu image and compile / install aircrack.
    Code:
    Download this image: ubuntu-13.10.LARGE.x86.ext2.v1.zip
    from [url]http://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxonandroid/files/Ubuntu/13.10/x86/[/url]
    and copy it to your sdcard

Thanks to jorgen_gustavsson for his excellent work [url]http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2573441[/url]

1.  Install busybox [url]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stericson.busybox[/url]
    2.  Install a vnc viewer [url]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=android.androidVNC[/url]
    3.  Install [url]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid[/url]
        (Not sure, but open and close it once to be safe)
    4.  Copy bootscript.sh [url=http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2573441]link to bootscript thread[/url] to /data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/ overwrite the old file.
        bootscript.sh
        (Thanks to xdadev: jorgen_gustavsson)
    5.  Unpack and Copy the ubuntu-13.10.LARGE.x86.ext2.img and .md5 to a place of your choosing on either internal or external sdcard.
    6.  Make a Linux on Android widget and point it to the img file you copied to your sdcard (ubuntu-13.10.LARGE.x86.ext2.v1.img).
    7.  Now click on the LOA widget you made in 6 and let linux ”bootup”
    8.  Press 'y' to check MD5 checksum 
    9.  Connect vnc to localhost:5900 password ubuntu

Now to install Aircrack

# Libraries
    sudo updatedb
    sudo apt-get install build-essential
    sudo apt-get install gcc
    sudo apt-get install zlibg-dev
    sudo apt-get install libssl-dev (or libssl-dev depending on your distribution)

#airolib-ng optional sqlite=true
    sudo apt-get install libsqlite3-devel

#libnl optional libnl=true
    sudo apt-get install libnl-genl-3-dev libnl-3-dev

#Required Extras
    sudo apt-get install wireless-tools
    sudo apt-get install net-tools
    sudo apt-get install wicd-curses (or wicd-cli)
    sudo apt-get install usbutils
    sudo apt-get install wpasupplicant
    sudo apt-get install dbus

# Download & unpack (or replace link with latest trunk)
    wget [url]http://download.aircrack-ng.org/aircrack-ng-1.2-beta3.tar.gz[/url]
    tar -zxvf aircrack-ng-1.2-beta3.tar.gz
    cd aircrack-ng-1.2-beta3

# Make
    sudo make libnl=false sqlite=false
    sudo make install libnl=false sqlite=false

# or
    make libnl=true;make libnl=true install
    make install libnl=true;make libnl=true install

# or Airolib-ng support
    make sqlite=true;make sqlite=true install
    make install sqlite=true;make sqlite=true install

# Add binaries to path
    export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/sbin

# add the above line to below file for include path on startup
    vim /home/ubuntu/.bashrc

# Update MAC OUI
    airodump-ng-oui-update

Reboot and disable your internal wifi, connect your dongle, and get cracking.

This is what I spent my easter (and then some) doing, I hope someone can make good use of it. I can :)

Maybe someone can come along and add bcmon for the bcm4334 chipset
    (Just maybe https://code.google.com/p/bcmon/source/browse/trunk/bcm4330/driver/src/bcmdhd/Kconfig?r=4 )

Any feedback and questions are welcome:

why didn't you use the latest source? -couldn't find it
    Will this kernel work with xx rom? -probably not
    Why aren't more roms including this? -dno, its in the menuconfig, should be easy

I've tried to give thanks where ever possible, let me know if you feel left out.
    Ill come back tomorrow and clean up my post.

Best Regards
    Here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q27inuf6jmnhvdm/P5210UEUAMI8-Custom.zip?dl=0 942MB

It's what has been running on my tablet since I made the topic. If your tablet turns into a magic mushroom, it wasnt my fault ;)
    To hell with the xda rules, they're toxic anyway :D

Getting the proper monitor mode broadcom drivers should be possible, which broadcom chip do we have tho?
    https://code.google.com/p/bcmon/source/browse/trunk/#trunk/bcm4329/driver/src/bcm4329

Anyone know which is the latest kernel source file? (i could surely compile for the P5200 aswell)
    http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=sub&sub=F&searchValue=GT-P5210

I was thinking of compiling a new kernel, to get on the 4.4.2 wagon
    Maybe someone can create a flashable zip of the kernel he has linked to. So I would try to flash it separately.

I'll upload a complete zip for you, it's just gonna take a little while ....
    @Jacker31

Listen, I confuse I guess both of you where stock, but now only Jacker31

Listen carefully, I know the cure to many devices like Palm was to let the device drain, then see how it reboot into factory. No TAB 3 boot.img programing will not work like that. There is no factory.img waiting to resurect your device. That boot.img is what you have.

I already said that. Do not let it drain unless you want to open your tab and charge the battery separately! At least that have been the comments. I personally think that the device could boot while hook to the PC in an attempt to program. I know that I said that but THAT in fact is dangerous for 2 reasons. One I f you see the device power adapter is 2 Amps. So we can assume that a discharge TAb can load at least 1.5 amp when discharge. A PC USB only supply .5 Amp!! And a general rule for any device is that you never program a device with minimum power due to possible firmware corruption

So here is my tip.

When the device failed boot.img and goes into black screen it can make you think it is broken. But In fact it is in boot "Limbo". So because there is no feedback on the screen (image) You never know where the TAB 3 is with reference of Power OFF, Charging, Download mode Boot mode or Recovery mode.

You will be save if you can get away of the corrupt boot. Then get into download mode and use Odin or get into recovery and use a good update.zip or backup.

So our BEST tool is the Three button Start Sequence to get away from the Boot bad image. The truth is that our TAB does not requires the Home Button to be Press. SO we only use Power.,Vol- and/or Vol+.

Here is the Basic.
    Get a Clock that shows seconds.
    Disconnect USB Cable from TAB. Tab should have at least little battery power. Why, to ensure you get in Power Off Mode and not unknown charging mode.

* Pressing Power Button for 6 consecutive seconds should reset and bring TAB 3 to Power Off Mode. Pressing Longer can actually confuse the device, because it may go in to Boot again or just Get another reset and loop back. So the secret is to Hold Comfortable & Firm you Tab in you hand to ensure you PRESS continuously but only the required time.. Then Press Firm ONLY the Power Button lets say 7 Seconds NOT MORE then release. You do not Know but know you should be in POWER OFF.

* Now Lets go to Download Mode. For That we need only POWER + Vol- ( Vol- is the Closest to Power). Remember to Hold firm your TAB and buttons. A bad contact will interrupt the process. DO not Press TO HARD, you could damage your buttons. But Here is a tip. You want to ensure that your TAB know you Press the Vol-. For this reason you are going to press Firm FIRST the [Vol-]. Now Keep pressing [Vol-] and press [POWER]. In 3 seconds you should see The Warning and the Triangle of Download Mode. if you get there the use Odin to revive your TAB. I am Attaching an Odin Boot file.

If it fails try again. Press [Power] for 7 seconds. Release. Wait 3 seconds. Press [Vol-] then [Power] for 2 seconds. Then while keeping [Vol-] down release [Power], no more than 3 seconds later ===> Download Mode. Now use Odin file

The same goes for Recovery. But in recovery is [Vol+]
    Press [Power] for 7 second. Release. Wait 3 seconds. Press [Vol+]then [Power] for 2 seconds. Then while keeping [Vol+] down release [Power], no more than 3 seconds later ===> Recovery Mode., now use your backup or the update.zip I gave you.

Now let me explain.
    * Press [Power] for 7 second. ==> This in fact after 6 seconds trigger Power Off Mode.
    * Release. Wait 3 seconds. ==> This ensure that you guys do not trigger Power On or even a second time Power Off.
    * Press [Vol+]then [Power] for 2 seconds. ==> Please note that we first press [Vol] so that there is no doubt that you want to Power on in a special mode. You press [Power] for 2 seconds only so that it Power On and in fact do not reach the 6 second for another power off!
    * Then while keeping [Vol+] down release [Power] ==> You need to release [Power] so that you do not trigger another Power Off. But need to HOLD [Vol] for about 3 seconds so that it boots in Download or recovery Mode.

Please Note the dilemma. Keeping [Power] press more than necessary will result in a unknown state, depending only in how many the devices in fact triggered Power off and or power On!! That is why you need to observe the timing.

NOTE:
    If you get stock in Download mode just press Power for 7 seconds and release.

Some people say that a magic rest is when you press [POWER]+[Vol-]+[Vol+], all 3 at the same time. Just try it may work for you.

I will post files soon.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

@Max4000 @Jacker31

OHHHH BOYY I think I know what you guys are doing wrong.

I believe you guys decided to upgrade to th infamous KK 4.4.2. And know you guys are experimenting with the JB 4.2.2 Kernel. Bad bad boys, a 4.2.2 boot image will not be accepted by KK4.4.2 security!!!!

Any way I suggest if you are to keep experimenting is better to stick to more friendly 4.2.2 or at least compile 4.4.2 kernel Instead.

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Listen guys my Internet it bad. At the moment I can not upload. So I am going to give you instructions for the files.

I am amusing you guys are in 4.4.2 KK.
    I guess you should have a backup copy. Well I do not use 4.4.2 so best i can do is suggest you use the following file gave to me by moonbutt74 but I have not test it. I only have a GT-P5210, if you have different you need to search for it.

gt-p5210-stock-KK-boot.img==> h__ps://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95897840722647395

To make a kk4.4.2 Update.zip, use these file and create the update.zip as explained previously. Cleraly you are going to use the update.zip if you get in to recovery mode.

But If you get in Download mode instead you need a tar.md5 file. For this download the previous file and in Linux type:

Code:
    cp gt-p5210-stock-KK-boot.img boot.img
    tar -H ustar -c boot.img > odin_package_boot.img.tar
    md5sum -t odin_package_boot.img.tar >> odin_package_boot.img.tar
    mv odin_package_boot.img.tar odin_package_boot.img.tar.md5

As you see you will end up with an Odin package called odin_package_boot.img.tar.md5

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

OHH BOYYYYY! Third strike

@Jacker31 I am looking now at your "ninjakernel.zip" . And I am now more confuse. I thought You said you have a GT-P5210 WIFI. P5210 name is santos10wifi. But when I look at your ramdisk it shows "santos10lte" witch is the code name for GT-P5200.

SO If you have a GT-P5200 the file I post do not work for you. The instructions to build update.zip or tar.md5 are ok, work for all.