NOTE 3 CAMERA for our S4 (i9506) "4.3 and 4.4.2" (4K + 1080p 60fps + 120fps) UPDATED

Search This thread

sibellius

Oct 22, 2013
Salerno
Hi.

Can you remove every sound (shutter, focus,...) for me? I'm using rooted stock Korean rom, I can't turn off the sound.

But how can you modify the original file? Do you have a guide?

Will this apk work for 4.3 jellybean?
i'll try to do someting. :good:

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Will this apk work for 4.3 jellybean?
no, it will not work without force close applications.. but why don't you upgrade? it is a very old firmware.. you will not regret if you update.. trust in me..

sibellius

Oct 22, 2013
Salerno
i 've just revisioned a porting from note 4 camera.. now we have 4k, selfie poster, focus for near objects, panorama, rallenty, increased focus and very short time in the opening of camera application and also HDR!!
you must flash the zip file using a custom recovery like twrp.. (but only if you are on lollipop) ;)

Attachments

• sibellius.CameraN4.zip
    14.6 MB · Views: 826
Last edited:

klau1

Jan 1, 2008
i'll try to do someting. :good:

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

no, it will not work without force close applications.. but why don't you upgrade? it is a very old firmware.. you will not regret if you update.. trust in me..

I read Lolipop prevents a lot of old system hacks like Xposed Framework and other Root applications from working. And also some issues with SDCard access.

I'm afraid some old applications that have been discontinued, will stop working.

annsin

Feb 5, 2009
i 've just revisioned a porting from note 4 camera.. now we have 4k, selfie poster, focus for near objects, panorama, rallenty, increased focus and very short time in the opening of camera application and also HDR!!
you must flash the zip file using a custom recovery like twrp.. (but only if you are on lollipop) ;)

Hi.
Almost everything is fine but i can't switch to front camera.
Application has stopped when i try to switch.
i9506, lolipop, twrp.
What's going on ?

jprask

Dec 24, 2014
@sibellius, I am also having FC when trying to switch to front camera. Not a big issue for me as I rarely use front camera.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using XDA Free mobile app

sh0ne

Sep 26, 2008
Vienna
Reactions: MihaiMafteiu

Nite.Achilles

Oct 3, 2011
Singapore
Hello Ruben, is it possible to get the app on 5.01 , im missing it! Its great to make videos 60fps with my baby....

Thanks

Tested it with 4.4.2 , unfortunatelly wont work on official 5.01 from Dehawk...

Cheers

Please look at the previous page, sibellius has posted a camera app for Lollipop.

Try and see if it works on your phone and there's 60fps video recording

Reactions: norhor and sh0ne

Nite.Achilles

Oct 3, 2011
Singapore
Cool, mate where is the option for increasing fps, cant find it...

If you enter the Camera app, you would see 5 icons or 4 icons if you don't have a SD card. If you see an 'arrow' sign, tap on it.

It will expand to show you more icons. Just above the 'Share' icon, tap on it. It will show you different recording modes.

Normal, Limit for MMS, Slow motion, Fast Motion and Smooth Motion.

Select Smooth Motion for 60fps recording.

sh0ne

Sep 26, 2008
Vienna
If you enter the Camera app, you would see 5 icons or 4 icons if you don't have a SD card. If you see an 'arrow' sign, tap on it.

It will expand to show you more icons. Just above the 'Share' icon, tap on it. It will show you different recording modes.

Normal, Limit for MMS, Slow motion, Fast Motion and Smooth Motion.

Select Smooth Motion for 60fps recording.

Nope, i have dehawks 5.01, does not work

Here is the solution: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6NDMFNtmsWCcEZtd1RrNTFEQU0&authuser=0

Cheers

shawn.irwin

Jun 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN

Thanks so much for this! Am I to assume this has 60fps enabled by default? All I see in the settings is the video sizes. Is 1080p 60fps by default?

Also, are the quality enhancements listed for the note 3 camera in your post on page 10 present in this note 4 camera? Thanks again!

Last edited:

Serhan_De

Sep 14, 2015
Frankfurt
surround mode is not working here. Something is missing. I try to make it work but with no chance. There was a good old note 3- or note 4 rom 5.0.1 before 1 year and everything was working I will try to find this rom and install also all the camera folders. If anyone can fix this problem please let me know

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTE 3 CAMERA for our S4 (i9506) "4.3 and 4.4.2" (4K + 1080p 60fps + 120fps) UPDATED

Hello to All XDA-Members,

here you have a TUTORIAL to get the CAMERA from the NOTE 3 on our GALAXY S4 (i9506)

FOR 4.3 and 4.4.2 (OXEDED AND DESOXEDED ROMS) Updated 29/07/2014

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- 4K Video (3840x2160) without 5min. time limit with 5min. time limit on 4.4.2
    - Smooth motion (1080p 60 fps)
    - Slow motion 720p with 120fps
    - 100 JPEG quality without compression
    - 256kbs Sound on each Video Mode (4K/1080p 60fps/30fps)192kbs on 4.4.2

The limitations for the 4.4.2 are, because of the Samsung Firmware :(, same with the 4.4.2 of the Note 3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Video MOD Installation 4.3 (MOD v.2)

1) First you have to install custom recovery and make root
    2) Download the new MOD v.2 : https://mega.co.nz/#!JdsnRZDA!aO9OYImZBgLilCIDJbIJZqse-epVxRnW6ICThnPvr8Y
    3) we go with root explorer or another system explorer: / system / app and we copy this folder in the APK Note 3 (Samsungcamera2.apk)
    4) overwrite it and say OK
    5 ) Now we go and delete the (Samsungcamera2.odex) (i9506 file),if you have desoxeded ROM you will not have this .odex File.
    6) Without opening the camara, restart the phone
    7) then we go to the camera app in menus and we will see the new video options

+

Sound MOD Installation (256kbs)

1) You have to install the new (MOD v.2)
    2) search in : system/etc/ and overwrite : media_profiles.xml with this modified : https://mega.co.nz/#!4YMmjbpQ!1HKNWlEX5P_-joCCXymrM7jkU20Wpy1IbKOA8vABrZQ
    Here the same file but uploaded to BOX : https://app.box.com/s/jest3obn61uaztybtc6o
    3) restart phone and finished

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Video MOD Installation 4.4.2 (MOD v.3)

1) First you have to install custom recovery and make root
    2) Download the new MOD v.3 : https://mega.co.nz/#F!hItWgbZb!Ncj7vpfZtSmbEApc-yBU2g
    3) we go with root explorer or another system explorer: / system / app and we copy this folder in the APK Note 3 (Samsungcamera2.apk)
    4) overwrite it and say OK
    5 ) Now we go and delete the (Samsungcamera2.odex) (i9506 file),if you have desoxeded ROM you will not have this .odex File.
    6) Without opening the camara, restart the phone
    7) then we go to the camera app in menus and we will see the new video options

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What works :

1) 4K at 30fps[/B] limitless (only on 4.3)(i have made an 11min. video that has a size of 4Gb) :D
    2) 1080p 60fps ( simply amazing how good it looks and soft , no words)
    3) slow motion 120fps (only one that look good is( x1/2) - same speed as Iphone 5s / fast camera all speeds
    4) the remaining features both video and photos with their respective modes ( HDR , deletion , sound and shot) , tested all (until the exclusive Golf Note 3)

What does not work :

1) the front camera in beauty mode (all the rest work ) >>> with MOD v.3 and 4.4.2 it works
    2) slow motion ( x1/4) / ( x1/8 ) look very pixelated *
    3) previews of the filters (filter to choose sliding your finger in the camera mode ( I use INSTAGRAM ) >>> with MOD v.3 and 4.4.2 it works
    4) Disp Surround Shot
    5) Drama Mode >>> with MOD v.3 and 4.4.2 it works

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*On the Note 3 it happens the same (with Stock 4.4.2), just have checked it on a Friend phone. So Slow-Motion works only fine on (x1/2). It must be SAMSUNG´s ROM error.

Here are some videos in 4K / 1080p 60fps / Slow Motion at 120fps ( x1 / 2) - and another Slow motion at 120fps ( x1 / 8 ) so you can see that in Slow Motion the only one who looks good is ( x1 / 2)

Here some Videos uploaded to YOUTUBE

1) Galaxy S4 i9506 4K (with MOD): http://youtu.be/7Mmhbh2pIZc
    2) Galaxy S4 (i9506) 1080p 60fps (with MOD): http://youtu.be/HJs5JDteoII
    3) Galaxy s4 i9506 SlowMotion (with MOD): http://youtu.be/SkjJZrzZPFA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Program so that you can get an EFS backup , click Backup on the internal memory and you will have a folder with your EFS : https://mega.co.nz/#!8RFziDQD!XtHMBCGeK91_BdPjZcVwUyfCYq8iIvuVGByciMEq1zw (

One hug to all :eek:

And here the tipical sentence to could sleep peacefully : I do not take responsibility for any brick / Damage etc. that the terminal may suffer from following this method.
    i extracted the samsung camera from a note 3 updated in lollipop.. i modded the file and tested it on my i9506.. you must extract the posted zip file using 7zip. using a file browser (root) go to system/app/samsungcamera2.. then rename the samsung camera 2 original apk in "samsungcamera2apk.ebak".. then put the new file in the same folder and give permissions as RW-R-R . .. reboot the phone and now you have the 4k video recording IN LOLLIPOP!! tested on Open Nordic NEE-I9506 XXUDOC5 .. if you want to return to original camera delete or rename the new file in .ebak and rename the original in .apk...
    the mods are:

IMAGE QUALITY:
    • Increased to 100% for Normal Mode (Now you will get 100% quality).
    • Increased to 96% for Burst Mode.

VIDEO QUALITY:
    Video Bitrate:
    • UHD: Increased to 65Mbits from 48Mbits
    • FHD: Increased to 25Mbits from 17Mbits.
    • FHD_60FPS: Increased to 50Mbits from 28Mbits.
    • HD: Increased to 17Mbits from 10Mbits.

Audio Bitrate:
    • Increased to 192Kbps from 128kbps for UHD, FHD, FHD_60FPS and HD.
    VIDEO RECORDING TIME:
    • Increased to 30:00 Minutes from 5:00 Minutes for UHD. (Maximum you can record upto 4GB = 8 Minutes)
    • Increased to 30:00 Minutes from 10:00 Minutes for FHD_60FPS and DUAL_FHD.

FLASH RESTRICTION REMOVED:
    • Now you can use Flash even when the Battery is lower than 16%.

BATTERY LOW RESTRICTION REDUCED TO 1% FROM 5%:
    • Now you can use Camera even if the battery is lower than 5%. (and Greater than 1%).
    Ok. I will reply by myself: Audio Zoom doesn't work. It requires additional libraries. After that it start to work.
    Actually, i don't know about compatibility with this Note3 version of Camera. I'm modding I9506 camera by adding/enabling missing features (including this mysterious audio zoom).
    Hello aghavan_nvr,
    the same think was tryied on the Note 3 (Threat) of XDA, but there are to many bugs and crashed that till did not resolve... we still better stay on the Note 3 camera.

Its just amazing that you can make more than 5min on 4K, it should be limited as happens to the Note 3 :confused::confused:

RubenMMS2

well I stopped at 5mins 23 seconds .. as i was running out of disk space..