[SEMI-NIGHTLIES] CyanogenMod 10 Semi-Nightlies - modpunks work

Would you like OTA updates through ROM Manager and/or GooManager?

• Yes

Votes: 256 92.1%
  • No

Votes: 22 7.9%

• Total voters
Search This thread

dudeman1996

Aug 29, 2010
London, UK
As you should know, CyanogenMod 10 in itself is still a work in progress. The ROM still isn't near completion and a good bunch of features are still missing that were in for example CM9. So what I've decided to do is provide nightly builds of CM10 using modpunks work. Even though modpunk left as he has a new phone, his work on CM10 is basically complete since as far as I can tell everything works.

These builds will be nightly builds because every day cm change something in their code, some of these are feature adds some are bug fixes. These nighties can include the fixes and I am in no way working on or helping modpunk on cm10. I'm just providing nightly builds because CM10 is changing constantly and modpunk won't be uploading daily builds.

Changelogs are going to be a hard thing to do, so what I suggest is that you take a look here for a nightly changelog. It says it's for the GSM Galaxy Nexus, but it still includes the upstream CM changes. A guide to understanding this changelog is that all the changes start with the specific repo that has been modified (for example, if something in the framework was changed, the change will begin with "framework:"). If the first bit is anything other than a device (e.g. "i9000:", "maguro:", "toro:", etc.) then it's upstream and is included in the nightly.

I've created a script (which is here if anyone is interested), that will build and upload a nightly every day. And I guess that's all there is to it.

Downloads will all be hosted at the link below and obviously the file with the most recent date is the latest nightly.

http://www.goo.im/devs/dudeman1996/CM10-Nightlies_marvel

Last edited:

smartboy0668

Jul 21, 2011
Ahmedabad
How it is diff from modpunks a0?
Anyway we are happy now...u and benny are working on JB...:)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Feyerabend

Aug 23, 2012
Last .zip in your Goo.im is for daily use? Something fixed of modpunks Alpha0?

A little question... If I want to install the package "cm-10-20120911-EXPERIMENTAL-marvel-NIGHTLY.zip", can I overwrite it in my ROM? Or I have to do all the wipes and install like a new one?

Thanks!

Last edited:

dudeman1996

Aug 29, 2010
London, UK
Okay I'll clear this up and put it in op later. These builds will be nightly builds because every day cm change something in their code, some of these are feature adds some are bug fixes. These nighties can include the fixes and I am in no way working on or helping modpunk on cm10. I'm just providing nightly builds because CM10 is changing constantly and modpunk won't be uploading daily builds.
As for marvelc, it'll be coming soon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

iH8ra!n

Jul 13, 2012
Cologne
Is that now the unofficial development? :)

Any known bugs? :)

Thank you for that post, I was so waiting for a new build :)

Dillllz

Jan 7, 2012
Is that now the unofficial development? :)

Any known bugs? :)

Thank you for that post, I was so waiting for a new build :)

iH8ra!n please next time could you either read through the whole thread properly or use the search feature, thanks. Anyway Dudeman's already explained this. Quote below.

Okay I'll clear this up and put it in op later. These builds will be nightly builds because every day cm change something in their code, some of these are feature adds some are bug fixes. These nighties can include the fixes and I am in no way working on or helping modpunk on cm10. I'm just providing nightly builds because CM10 is changing constantly and modpunk won't be uploading daily builds.
As for marvelc, it'll be coming soon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Reactions: dudeman1996

starbuck79

Jul 12, 2010
portugal
Thank's a lot this working realy better than the modpunks Rom. The home bottons now light and it's faster :)
I thing there is very much work to do, but now we have a ROM that can be used every day.
Try to edit the notification bar, the clan botton don't appear....

Last edited:

iH8ra!n

Jul 13, 2012
Cologne
iH8ra!n please next time could you either read through the whole thread properly or use the search feature, thanks. Anyway Dudeman's already explained this. Quote below.

I already had a big argument 'cause of stuff like this. so, usually I read everything carefully and if it's still not "cleared up" for me I ask.
Well, already written in post #1 OP. So i do not need the quote.

Anyway, thanks for trying to help :)

dudeman1996

Aug 29, 2010
London, UK
Sorry guys, the ROM Manager downloads won't be working because the downloads for that are hosted in my Dropbox, which has just been suspended for using too much traffic for 3 days. So until I can find a direct download mirror to host the files, ROM Manager downloads won't work any more. Use GooManager if you really do want OTA updates.

Reactions: Feyerabend

WoefulDerelict

Jan 20, 2011
Seattle, WA
Sorry guys, the ROM Manager downloads won't be working because the downloads for that are hosted in my Dropbox, which has just been suspended for using too much traffic for 3 days. So until I can find a direct download mirror to host the files, ROM Manager downloads won't work any more. Use GooManager if you really do want OTA updates.

Damn, didn't know Dropbox would go all draconian. Thankfully Google Drive has been relatively accommodating.

Feyerabend

Aug 23, 2012
Last edited:

VannMann

Jul 11, 2010
Lexington, NC
Thank you for giving this strong little phone such great support. I own an I777 SGS2, but keep up with this section for my friend who has the MarvelC. I will surely throw some beer money your way for some MarvelC nightlies, keep up the great work Dudeman1996 and Modpunk!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As you should know, CyanogenMod 10 in itself is still a work in progress. The ROM still isn't near completion and a good bunch of features are still missing that were in for example CM9. So what I've decided to do is provide nightly builds of CM10 using modpunks work. Even though modpunk left as he has a new phone, his work on CM10 is basically complete since as far as I can tell everything works.

These builds will be nightly builds because every day cm change something in their code, some of these are feature adds some are bug fixes. These nighties can include the fixes and I am in no way working on or helping modpunk on cm10. I'm just providing nightly builds because CM10 is changing constantly and modpunk won't be uploading daily builds.

Changelogs are going to be a hard thing to do, so what I suggest is that you take a look here for a nightly changelog. It says it's for the GSM Galaxy Nexus, but it still includes the upstream CM changes. A guide to understanding this changelog is that all the changes start with the specific repo that has been modified (for example, if something in the framework was changed, the change will begin with "framework:"). If the first bit is anything other than a device (e.g. "i9000:", "maguro:", "toro:", etc.) then it's upstream and is included in the nightly.

I've created a script (which is here if anyone is interested), that will build and upload a nightly every day. And I guess that's all there is to it.

Downloads will all be hosted at the link below and obviously the file with the most recent date is the latest nightly.

http://www.goo.im/devs/dudeman1996/CM10-Nightlies_marvel
    The changelog is virtually empty. It'd be pointless to upload a build.

Just rename the same zip to keep him happy.
    Camcorder is fixed now...

Enviado desde mi Wildfire S A510e usando Tapatalk 2
    Can anyone know when is CM10 Alpha 1 is released *No Offense but I'm kindly can't wait anymore :p

1dbcad6ea858470a82e4866.png
    That's cause dudeman didn't apply camera patch on sources before building, with a little bit of luck he will remember that on next build.:cyclops:

I did apply the patch but I soon realised that the reason the gerrit patch command didn't work is cause the patch is for the ics branch, not jb, so it didn't apply ;) I just gotta do it manually now :p

I'll try get a new build out tomorrow. Times are tough, damn college.