[Q] Xposed installed, but not active?

Search This thread

eiraku

Oct 22, 2007
if someone xposed installed can be used, after restart device xposed not active,this boot script may be helpful:

HTML:
#!/system/bin/sh
setenforce 0
chmod -R 777 /data/user_de/0/de.robv.android.xposed.installer
chmod -R 777 /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer

or view this post http://club.huawei.com/thread-14239436-1-1.html

Can confirm that this works perfect in general for EMUI Nougat, even though it's a tad... dirty (to have to resort to a boot script to endlessly chmod the directory at boot). I simply chucked the script into my init.d folder and voilà, hard boot resistant Xposed.

FYI, I'm on an Honor 8, latest EMUI 5 Nougat 7.0 (B386) with XposedInstaller 3.1.4 + Framework v88.2. Can also confirm that Viper4Android plays well with this hack as well (which is the main reason I haven't gone systemless in the first place - as Magisk breaks V4A somehow).

Well, dirty or not, it'll have to do until someone figures out why the XposedInstaller directory keeps on resetting its own permissions on a hard boot - resulting in our little "not working" issue.

Anyway, thanks man. Maybe you should share this with the main Nougat Xposed discussion thread as well - with the proper disclaimer that it's proven to work for EMUI (when rooted with proper init.d support) and might or might not work for everybody else.

Last edited:

glacies

Nov 15, 2007
Hat Yai
if someone xposed installed can be used, after restart device xposed not active,this boot script may be helpful:

HTML:
#!/system/bin/sh
setenforce 0

Hidden download link:http://pan.baidu.com/s/1geKDa1d
password:qgyt

Confirming this works with Huawei P9+ (L29) on B385

Nov 7, 2017
Can you please explain the full process, how to enter boot script? I am new to root.

I have honor 8. Can you please explain the full process, how to enter boot script? I am new to root.

HTML:
#!/system/bin/sh
setenforce 0

Reactions: gaebzn

eiraku

Oct 22, 2007
The post you are quoting contains a link to a flashable zip file. The file includes the script, just flash it. This is the download link:

Oooh so that's what the link was for lol. Didn't quote it because it wasn't clear what it was or what it did. Myself I just built a boot script of my own and stuck in init.d (as my root implementation comes with init.d support).

faiz5200

Apr 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
So far none of the solutions here work for me.

My only problem with Xposed is with AOSiP rom only. Other roms are working fine.
Only soft reboot will make Xposed active. Xposed will become not active whenever make a normal reboot.
What so weird is if I not flash Magisk or Supersu, Xposed work fine with normal reboot. But after flash Magisk or Supersu, the same problem happen again.
Already tried the script to fix the permission, it really fix the permission after reboot but after I open Xposed app, Xposed become not active and the permission change back to original state.

If anyone ever experienced the same issues like mine and have a solution for it, hope to share it with me. Thank you.

Reactions: Xceeder

welcometoken

Nov 13, 2013
xian
Oooh so that's what the link was for lol. Didn't quote it because it wasn't clear what it was or what it did. Myself I just built a boot script of my own and stuck in init.d (as my root implementation comes with init.d support).

:D I just wana to konw how to create a init.rc or other .sh script,can you explain the full process,such as where to create the init.d file?Did you install the Busybox?

eiraku

Oct 22, 2007
:D I just wana to konw how to create a init.rc or other .sh script,can you explain the full process,such as where to create the init.d file?Did you install the Busybox?

Well, in my case, I'm running a SuperSU implementation on my EMUI 5 Honor 8 that comes WITH init.d support baked in. In cases of other devices, IINM the easiest way is to check whether your particular ROM or kernel comes with init.d support.

Well, once you've confirmed that whatever you're running has init.d support, it's just a matter of creating a blank file somewhere (name it 00awhatever as init.d executes files in alphabetical order), filling the file with the code given, copying it over to your init.d folder and setting proper permissions.

The script should run the next time you boot.

Keep in mind if you have an init.d folder filled with stuff, it's gonna be a bit more challanging as you're gonna need to figure out load order (what needs to run before what) if something goes wrong.

And if any of the above sound like alienspeak to you... then it's probably easier (and safer) just to flash the given zip... as long as your device supports being fed boot scripts as per the directory structure that the zip is built on.

And yeah, I have meefix's Busybox installed in /system/xbin/, if that helps.

Last edited:

Dru79

Sep 23, 2010
init.d script support app says: setenforce: Invalid state: 0 chmod -R 777 /data/user_de/0/de.robv.android.xposed.installer : No such file or directory . Why?

ravijot

Jul 7, 2012

HTML:
#!/system/bin/sh
setenforce 0

Thanks. This worked for me on Honor 8 Pro.

gaebzn

May 27, 2017
Xiaomi Mi 11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    really easy open root explorer and go to
    root/data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf
    there must be a file name disable just delete it and reboot ur phone
    done.
    if I help pls gv me thanks
    the log is

could not read log:
    /data/data/de.robv.andriod.xposed.installer/log/error.log/error.log: open failed: ENOENT (No such file or directory)

IAM A NEWBIE To ROOT n STUFF

it's happens when some times xposed log file deleted by it self or gained wrong permission again very easy solution

open root explorer and goto

root/data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/log

now create a text file here with name error.log and give permission rw-rw-rw and save it now reboot and done

if it's helped hit thanks

HTML:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    setenforce 0

SOLVED!

Go to Installer/ Settings and check "Disable resource hooks". Reboot. Enjoy.

All (c) credits here -> http://xdaforums.com/mate-8/development/rom-kangvip-slim-t3318572
    Thank you pappschlumpf :):):)
    It was installed but inactive

I'm new to xda and to xposed, root and Cyanogen(oh actually I mean Leneage OS, Cyanogen died about a year ago..).
    I run this all on my HTC One M7 and don't feel like using Google apps under any circumstances :eek:… Alas, I NEED EXPOSED :D.

I got the same error as OP said here after my first installation.
    Hello,

I have installed Xposed now but it says it's installed but not active, see log for more information.
    But there is no log to find in the xposed folder?
    How do I fix this?
    Thanks in advance. :)

The installer had no error, but xposed wasn't 'installed'.
    When I read this post I thought what PS2004 said must have been false:
    It is in fact possibly working.
    Activate a module and see.
    I tested Custom Appsettings to change Dialer DPI and it works :)

I tried reinstalling xposed.
    I tried all sorts of ways of reinstalling the xposed framework, patching and installing just using root.
    Still this HTC gave me the same error.
    Then I tried this:
    really easy open root explorer and go to
    root/data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf
    there must be a file name disable just delete it and reboot ur phone
    done.
    if I help pls gv me thanks

And my reaction was pretty similar to this:
    the sam eproblem is also occuring with me
    but i did.nt have the file that u stated...
    what to do now

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

i have the same problem
    but i didn.y find any such file that u stated , now what the solution
    kindly please revert me back

The /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer folder didn't exist even though I was surprised to see /data/data/ existed(I'm a bit of an Android noob, I know).
    Out of my deep desperation I even cleaned the Dalvik cache just to be sure that everything was actually in place..
    That didn't work either.

So I got thinking:
    If it's already installed but inactive.. and my setting for activating it was already set to active, it didn't work.
    What if it's actually inactive (just like the phone stated), but the xposed installer thinks it's activated?

So the solution for my problem was:
    1. Open the xposed installer
    2. DISABLE xposed by using the switch in the top corner of the screen
    3. Restart my device(I used the dots in the corner and selected restart device)
    4. Open xposed Installer
    5. Enable xposed
    6. Restart
    7. Open xposed installer

And voilá, it said "xposed framework version 89 is active."

I hope this helps everyone else with the problem.
    It works like a charm for me :D :victory: