sprint gs5 PRL 1 no signal

Search This thread

panchaboy

Nov 12, 2009
hi guys i got a gs5 sprint version (bad esn) i decided to change my esn and meid with DFS (like i did before with some phones) the problem is when writting the new esn and restart my phone lost signal and my PRL is 1...so i writte back to the original esn and my phone gets signal..so why only with original esn can get signal?? i also tried with cdma workshop in OTHER tab writting NVONLY then writting my PRL restarts with the same PRL 1 and no signal(get back to original esn and its ok)
want to change my esn cuz want to flash my phone to another carrier but my carrier telling me theres invalid esn .
anny suggestions??? THANKS

ganjamatik

Dec 19, 2007
hi guys i got a gs5 sprint version (bad esn) i decided to change my esn and meid with DFS (like i did before with some phones) the problem is when writting the new esn and restart my phone lost signal and my PRL is 1...so i writte back to the original esn and my phone gets signal..so why only with original esn can get signal?? i also tried with cdma workshop in OTHER tab writting NVONLY then writting my PRL restarts with the same PRL 1 and no signal(get back to original esn and its ok)
want to change my esn cuz want to flash my phone to another carrier but my carrier telling me theres invalid esn .
thats the way it is for now- I do not condone changing esn numbers but I have confirmed I have repaired a few that lost signal do to esn changes- currently is no way to modify esn and retain any signal on the sprint model and on the us cellular it will work but without 3g

panchaboy

Nov 12, 2009
thats the way it is for now- I do not condone changing esn numbers but I have confirmed I have repaired a few that lost signal do to esn changes- currently is no way to modify esn and retain any signal on the sprint model and on the us cellular it will work but without 3g

well thanks ...imma use my s5 like an ipod lol
please if anyother knows how to fix my problem

Mr. Q 5

Mar 25, 2012
Any solution so far?

Were you guys able to get this problem solved?

Right now I am in the same situation.. if I change ESN/MEID I lose signal and I can't seem to change the IMEI at all .. DFS shows that it changes but after restart, only ESN/MEID is changed, IMEI always stays the same. I beleive that is the problem because ESN/MEID and IMEI aren't matching somewhere in the code.

Please do let me know if there is anyway to get the signal back.
Thanks!

jofronic

Jan 28, 2012

I am having the same issue. Im positive if we could change the prl it would bring the signal back.

maethem

Nov 8, 2011
Got 3G no voice

Hi I am in the same situation but i can get 3g with original esn but i must change esn to get voice since i'm outside usa

J_apa_n

Jul 25, 2010
SOUTH CENTRAL
the answer is the Baseband.
I have a Sprint Note 3 & every time I've tried to update past the MJ4 Baseband, I lose signal.
I Flashed it to Boost & I've also tried manually flashing the PRL, still a no go.
my advice is to try downgrading the Baseband.