A letter from develop team of Rockplayer

Search This thread

kuangken

Jun 17, 2010
A letter from develop team of Rockplayer
---------------------------------------------------

Hi, those who r using the Rockplayer close beta ver.

i'm the one of the develop team, organized the failed close beta test. i'm sure you do not know my name, because the player still remain close beta, also havn't got a logo, about, notes...

first of all, please believe that i hope the player can release much more than you, for more user, more pleasure experience. from the developer, nothing can be more exciting than, that see the codes we wrote can be run ag and ag on you phones.

Rockplayer is different from some applications. it can support almost all media format we often have. we plan let it run on all android phones when released. feel exciting? So we should do lots of test for types of m-phone, os and media format, before it can be release.

i understand that anyone what to try this player. Since Rockplayer could work one my phone, my daughter can watch the anime by it and didn't rob my pc any more :) but the player still have compatibility problem, it can support only m-phone with armv7 cpu, and some media runs slowly. for that reason, we do not publish it. close beta can help us collect more accurate information. and we can analyze the problems more effective.

I believe the one who use Rockplayer have the same feeling as us,hope the player can be better and better, but not cancel under release. in fact, I really love this application,given all my effort and passion to it.So, it is my fault, organized the failed small area test. only 2 days the player post all over the internet. but thanks to all friends follow our application.

if you have questions or suggestions, ask we here:
groups(dot)google(dot)com(dot)hk/group/rockplayer
we will reply as we can.

after all, thank you all the same.

BR
Water.e

Last edited:

jimlad

Jul 14, 2009
That doesn't sound like they want people to stop using it... :)

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

R

r3s-rt

It sounds to me as they're mad that the player got leaked on the internet?

Did they not expect this? There is NO possible way to stop something being leaked on the internet other than not creating it.

watercool

Apr 18, 2010
more and more developers realise that closed betas are not possible.. they must be new to the internet...

Dogmann

Jan 27, 2007
London
Hi kuangken,

Thank you for the update and whilst i appreciate your current position i can't wait for you to release a full version of this truly great player that enables me to play all my Video files on my Streak with no need to convert anything.

I tried going to the link you gave but found it's all in chinese and couldn't see a way to change it to English. If you give us another way to give you feedback I'm sure many users would be happy to help and thank you for your hard work.

Marc

Last edited:

kuangken

Jun 17, 2010
thx for attantion :D
i'll try to feedback your requirment to the team.

Hi kuangken,

Thank you for the update and whilst i appreciate your current position i can't wait for you to release a full version of this truly great player that enables me to play all my Video files on my Streak with no need to convert anything.

I tried going to the link you gave but found it's all in chines and couldn't see a way to change it to English. If you give us another way to give you feedback I'm sure many users would be happy to help and thank you for your hard work.

Marc

bcpk

Feb 11, 2010
Hi kuangken, you might know vlc4iphone by ZodTTD, I think he is making a VLC for Android, maybe you can work together like he is doing with yongzh for the PSX emulator?

cookiemonsta

Feb 4, 2010
Hi kuangken,

I tried going to the link you gave but found it's all in chinese and couldn't see a way to change it to English. If you give us another way to give you feedback I'm sure many users would be happy to help and thank you for your hard work.

Marc

Google Translator :)