[MOD][UB][LB][Z-Series] Bright flashlight (MM & LP)

Search This thread

nzzane

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 20, 2014
Hello Xperia users!
I thought i would make this post here on how to install @olokos Bright flashlight mod for the Z1
This is confirmed WORKING on D5833 & D5803 versions, both lollipop, marshmallow and concept.
This also works on the Z1, Z2, there is also reports that it works on Z5 (Don't see why it wouldn't)

EXTREME CAUTION
This will make the LED heat up quicker than normal

Medium version warning
This will heat up the device so be warned your phone may be hot to touch (Nothing concerning - within rage of safe limits)

EXTREME version warning
This will heat your device and may cause damage if left on for large amounts of time (Personally haven't measured temperature for the extreme version - Device shouldn't get hotter than 90 Celcius, however)
Please take extreme caution when using this version, as it could potentially be blinding

This is a handy little mod which makes the torch on your phone a hella lot brighter than stock, great for night pictures or just as a torch

DOWNLOAD LINKS

STEPS

1. Download one of the files above and move it to your SDcard (Its recomended to go with Medium as extreme can heat up your Z3)
2. Enter recovery and backup the system (In case you ever want to revert back - or something breaks)
3. Flash the zip you downloaded
4. Enjoy

How it works

This mod works by modifying a little bit of code inside system which changes how much power gets sent to the flashlight, its a nice little bit of code which lies in system/etc

# Max current of battery at 60 degC (uA)
i_batt_max_high = 1000000

# Max current for Torch (uA)
i_batt_max_torch = 1000000

# Flash LED_If max current (uA)
max_if_flash = 1500000

Disclaimer: If anything happens to your device it is not my fault, you are flashing this at your own risk
If any download links are not working please message me

Last edited:

SDee96

Jul 8, 2011
Belgrade,Serbia
I just flashed the 'recommended' mod, and it seems to work well. As soon as I turned on the flash, it just shocked me to see how bright it is. Thanks for sharing this!

Reactions: AlvaroTovar

nzzane

Aug 20, 2014
Update: I have uploaded all the files to mega for easier access, and secutiry
Files can also be found in attached files under the post

Hope you all enjoy!

Any problems please message / comment and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Ainster

Sep 7, 2011
Lithuania
So far it has no side affects on any devices - It potentially could degrade over time but no one has seen this happen.

Only thing it could do is drain the battery a bit quicker when on, not too bad if you are on MM

Normal version seems looks okey but when using camera and flashlight on phone says its overheat and turns off camera

nzzane

Aug 20, 2014
Updated the OP to explain how this zip works (In basic terms)

abeyruma

Oct 13, 2014
Las Piñas
Do you have a Stock zip if ever I Wanna go back to the old Stock flashlight sir? Xperia Z2 user here.. Thank You and More Power...

chinmoy32

Mar 26, 2013
Dhaka
[*]Extreme version - torch, camera, flash, notification LED

First of all , thanks for the MOD :)
Flash and torch is now "Industrial Grade" (using the Extreme edition on my Z5 Dual E6683)
noticed that the flash is getting very hot, almost untouchable after 5 seconds of lit time.
I have a glass protector installed on the back side of the phone and even over that I cant tough the flash when it is lit. I almost had a second degree burn trying to cover the flash when it was lit for like 2 second.
Now my concern is not the heat, nor the battery drain. It is this : will it or can it cause permanent irreversible damage to the flash LED ?? if so , then with how much use ??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Xperia users!
    I thought i would make this post here on how to install @olokos Bright flashlight mod for the Z1
    This is confirmed WORKING on D5833 & D5803 versions, both lollipop, marshmallow and concept.
    This also works on the Z1, Z2, there is also reports that it works on Z5 (Don't see why it wouldn't)

EXTREME CAUTION
    This will make the LED heat up quicker than normal

Medium version warning
    This will heat up the device so be warned your phone may be hot to touch (Nothing concerning - within rage of safe limits)

EXTREME version warning
    This will heat your device and may cause damage if left on for large amounts of time (Personally haven't measured temperature for the extreme version - Device shouldn't get hotter than 90 Celcius, however)
    Please take extreme caution when using this version, as it could potentially be blinding

This is a handy little mod which makes the torch on your phone a hella lot brighter than stock, great for night pictures or just as a torch

DOWNLOAD LINKS

STEPS

1. Download one of the files above and move it to your SDcard (Its recomended to go with Medium as extreme can heat up your Z3)
    2. Enter recovery and backup the system (In case you ever want to revert back - or something breaks)
    3. Flash the zip you downloaded
    4. Enjoy

How it works

This mod works by modifying a little bit of code inside system which changes how much power gets sent to the flashlight, its a nice little bit of code which lies in system/etc

# Max current of battery at 60 degC (uA)
    i_batt_max_high = 1000000

# Max current for Torch (uA)
    i_batt_max_torch = 1000000

# Flash LED_If max current (uA)
    max_if_flash = 1500000

Disclaimer: If anything happens to your device it is not my fault, you are flashing this at your own risk
    If any download links are not working please message me
    I just flashed the 'recommended' mod, and it seems to work well. As soon as I turned on the flash, it just shocked me to see how bright it is. Thanks for sharing this!
    does this mod can harm the flash light ?

So far it has no side affects on any devices - It potentially could degrade over time but no one has seen this happen.

Only thing it could do is drain the battery a bit quicker when on, not too bad if you are on MM
    I would really appreciate if you could keep original download links that are here
    http://xdaforums.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/mod-torch-boost-led-power-using-z1-t2886705
    This way I can track download count and there is none on mega.
    Thank you.
    Hi @nzzane ,

congrats for providing this little mod to our device. It's really brighter than normal torch. And i didn't encounter any temperature problems using my cam with flashlight.

Moly's AIO based upon 5.1.1 (see my signature)

Cheers & THX