Maybe the Glass screen protector we have been looking for.

Search This thread

al_elric

Dec 18, 2009
After all these junk glass screen protectors. I have had a new one on my phone every 1-2 days. They have all been pretty bad. I found one on amazon that looks promising.
All the ones I have tried only use edge glue and I hate that because it causes gaps and loss of sensitivity and they also have a matrix pattern.
Whitestone Dome glass, screen protector (Can't link because of new user restriction/ just search "Whitestone s8+" on amazon)
It is on the price side at $45 but if it works good I think it's well worth it.
It uses a UV glue over the whole screen that you cure in place.
Mine arrives on Friday and I'll let you know what I think. Hopefully this is my last one.
Or if anyone else has tried it.

Edit:
I have just installed mine. Looks to have went perfectly. I have my case on it right now the Speck Presidio Grip. It looks like a tight fit but it's not interfering with it. Touch sensitivity and clarity is great. It is thick and has a lip on the edges so if you where using a skin or no case it would be an issue for you.

Last edited:

DKMIK

Mar 26, 2011
One thing come too my mind, how easy will it come off again, if you crack the protector. ;)

Guess you haven't seen the application video.

Indeed I have. What does that have to do with removal, as only the installation is shown? A separate​ thread for the GS7E stated that it comes off just like a film protector. The only difference in the adhesive, to my understanding, is that I begins in liquid form to ensure no bubbles/gaps. Afterwards, it can be peeled away just as they can.

DKMIK

Mar 26, 2011
Indeed I have. What does that have to do with removal, as only the installation is shown? A separate​ thread for the GS7E stated that it comes off just like a film protector. The only difference in the adhesive, to my understanding, is that I begins in liquid form to ensure no bubbles/gaps. Afterwards, it can be peeled away just as they can.

It just seems like they use UV light too make the adhesive work better. But if you er so sure it is cool, becouse other glass protectors stink.

Spawn026

Mar 2, 2011
I'm taking a chance and placed an order. I figure with all of the crap screen protectors I would end up spending this much anyway. Atleast if this this works I save some money. It will be here on Friday so here's to hoping for the best.

I'm taking a chance and placed an order. I figure with all of the crap screen protectors I would end up spending this much anyway. Atleast if this this works I save some money. It will be here on Friday so here's to hoping for the best.

Please do share your experience. If this installs and cures as clearly/evenly as the videos would imply, with no impact to the screen sensitivity, then this product should be a hot commodity. They seem to state that removal of the glass/glue should leave no damage or residue that cannot be cleaned off easily. If that's the case, then I will also be giving this one a shot, pending other users like yourself have a positive experience.

RMXO

Feb 20, 2011
CA
I took a chance also and will get it Fri or so. I ordered the one from Verizon but after reading bad reviews I'm going to return it for a refund. I'll just stick to rubber screen protector if this one isn't right.

Outbreak444

Dec 16, 2013
Ok, watched an install video, no audio or subtitles but I got the idea. Seems neat, got me interested so I subscribed to this thread to see the reviews of those who purchased. May finally be what we need. But I would say we need someone to install just to show the removal process and see if there are any problems with removal, like if the adhesive is tough to remove after the glass has been removed or if it stays with the TGSP. Anyone purchase two for that purpose?

Ok, watched an install video, no audio or subtitles but I got the idea. Seems neat, got me interested so I subscribed to this thread to see the reviews of those who purchased. May finally be what we need. But I would say we need someone to install just to show the removal process and see if there are any problems with removal, like if the adhesive is tough to remove after the glass has been removed or if it stays with the TGSP. Anyone purchase two for that purpose?

Go watch either of the drop videos that Whitestone has on YouTube. Both show the removal about halfway through.

Seems as easy, maybe easier than a film. No residue​/damage.

HecAtic

Jul 17, 2009
I've looked through the Korean forums and saw many reviews on this product. While some say it's perfect, some say there are problems. For example, if you happen to leak the liquid adhesive on your speaker or any other buttons, it breaks them. Also it seems that it's very hard to remove the leaks. Even after the success of putting it on, I've seen pictures of it not being glued on perfectly or it lifts. There are comments saying that it's not worth 45 dollars to break the $850 device. But like I said, if you follow the instructions and had no problems attaching it, it seems like a promising screen protector.

FluxionFluff

May 2, 2015
U Droid Mania on Youtube posted a vid on this protector. He only talked about installation, as it's a 2 part video. Part 2 will be coming soon~

Part 1 here: [x]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After all these junk glass screen protectors. I have had a new one on my phone every 1-2 days. They have all been pretty bad. I found one on amazon that looks promising.
    All the ones I have tried only use edge glue and I hate that because it causes gaps and loss of sensitivity and they also have a matrix pattern.
    Whitestone Dome glass, screen protector (Can't link because of new user restriction/ just search "Whitestone s8+" on amazon)
    It is on the price side at $45 but if it works good I think it's well worth it.
    It uses a UV glue over the whole screen that you cure in place.
    Mine arrives on Friday and I'll let you know what I think. Hopefully this is my last one.
    Or if anyone else has tried it.

Edit:
    I have just installed mine. Looks to have went perfectly. I have my case on it right now the Speck Presidio Grip. It looks like a tight fit but it's not interfering with it. Touch sensitivity and clarity is great. It is thick and has a lip on the edges so if you where using a skin or no case it would be an issue for you.
    I saw on Amazon someone said it lifted with their SPG Neo Hybrid, but there could be reasons for that. Do you have that case and this screen protector?
    I'm really tempted with this one. People complain about the price and no guarantee, but Zagg is $50 and only adheres to the sides, yes you can get a replacement, but it still is only holding on by the sides. So many crappy, useless screen protectors, I'm going to be broke from trying to find one that actually works. I'm also tempted to just buy an ugly film and live with it.

Yes, I have both installed with no issues. Only thing I did different from the install videos on YouTube was when using the lights to dry the screen. Instead of going top and bottom, I did top, middle and bottom 3 times.

Go watch either of the drop videos that Whitestone has on YouTube. Both show the removal about halfway through.

Seems as easy, maybe easier than a film. No residue​/damage.
    ok here's the lowdown, this thing is exactly what everyone was hoping for. I got home and started watching the video again and decided to give it a go. I only ran into two little snags. First, i couldn't get the shield to sit on the brackets right. They kept getting caught on the top of the brackets. The second was the tape that you use to remove the film from the glass came right off, without the film. After those two little problems everything went fast. I doubled up the time for each step and now i have a perfectly installed glass protector with full adhesive. I have a case but i want to leave the glass on a day without messing with it just in case it doesn't turn out to be case friendly. The adhesive has a strong smell but i'm sure it will go away after a little bit.
    These pics don't really do justice but hopefully the clarity comes across.