DISCONTINUED Safestrap Without Odin+Safestrap Flashable Firmwares

Search This thread

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
The easiest method to obtain root unlocks or update or downgrade unlocked bootloaders can be found below they were updated December of 2021

EMMC 15 Unlocking Bootloader

EMMC 15 Updating Unlocked Bootloaders Or Downgrading

For Rooting EMMC 11 Phones

Last edited:

fukenbiker

Jan 28, 2011
Los Angeles
lango.us
Quote:

"1. Flash Rooting_Tools_For_S5_Lollipop.zip"

Okay, beg pardon for being dense, but what do you mean, 'flash'? How? Should I fire up Odin on the computer? Is it an Android Debugging Bridge method of running a script? Do I need to use Odin anyway, to flash that older kernel first? Perhaps just use my S5 to download and install the zip? Am I making it too hard? I know I must be.

I like to follow instructions, and the 1st one has me scratching my head.
Thanks.

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Quote:

"1. Flash Rooting_Tools_For_S5_Lollipop.zip"

Okay, beg pardon for being dense, but what do you mean, 'flash'? How? Should I fire up Odin on the computer? Is it an Android Debugging Bridge method of running a script? Do I need to use Odin anyway, to flash that older kernel first? Perhaps just use my S5 to download and install the zip? Am I making it too hard? I know I must be.

I like to follow instructions, and the 1st one has me scratching my head.
Thanks.

Are you rooted on a lollipop rom

fukenbiker

Jan 28, 2011
Los Angeles
lango.us
Yes. OptimalROM 5.0 by BigBot96. It's working great.

I am a flash junkie from way back, and I thought I was 'done', what with this complex locked bootloader safestrap business. Is this light at the end of the tunnel really is a train? I'm a wreck for flashing different flavors. The Odin back and forth on kernels has soured my interest in the whole flashing thing.

I'm interested. This sounds like a good workaround.

Last edited:

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Yes. OptimalROM 5.0 by BigBot96. It's working great.

I am a flash junkie from way back, and I thought I was 'done', what with this complex locked bootloader safestrap business. Is this light at the end of the tunnel really is a train? I'm a wreck for flashing different flavors. The Odin back and forth on kernels has soured my interest in the whole flashing thing.

I'm interested. This sounds like a good workaround.

Just flash the zip with flashfire or safestrap it will install everything you need including flashable kernels and firmwares then follow the direction in the second part in the OP

Reactions: TheTrueGatorman

thewebsiteisdown

Mar 18, 2011
I'm on boc4 rooted but can't get to safe strap at all. Even though it states it's installed.. Do you know something I missed here? I thought anything lollipop is locked down to where you can't get to safestrap...

killa408shark

Aug 21, 2011
San Jose CA
@jrkruse I been using this app to boot into SS can I still use this to flash your rom or do I have to install your Lollipop SS? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1438104323593.jpg
    1438104323593.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 2,108

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
@jrkruse I been using this app to boot into SS can I still use this to flash your rom or do I have to install your Lollipop SS? Thanks

Your good using that but when you flash my rom it will already have a modified version of that in the safestrap for lolilpop app so no need to install it twice

blueyes

Verision 2 is a fix for those people that flashed the rooting tools on kitkat rom and screwed up safestrap. But as it turned out flashing the original didnt mess anything up so I felt no need to post it.
Gotcha. I just assumed it was an updated version and flashed it. (S5 was on BOC4) and seemingly worked fine. Looked @ both zips, nothing jumped out at me as different. Except md5. Lol
Thank you for responding. You have to be a busy man, and super talented to do all you do with the locked BL. Amazing. Half the ROMs I see have your name. I'd love to see what you could do w/o restrictions.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Gotcha. I just assumed it was an updated version and flashed it. (S5 was on BOC4) and seemingly worked fine. Looked @ both zips, nothing jumped out at me as different. Except md5. Lol
Thank you for responding. You have to be a busy man, and super talented to do all you do with the locked BL. Amazing. Half the ROMs I see have your name. I'd love to see what you could do w/o restrictions.

It will work fine on lollipop rom Basically the only difference is the V2 doesnt put the apks in there own folders inside of system/priv-app folder. On kitkat the apk were not in seperate folders and would not read the apps if they were in their own seperate folders. I then figured if you were on kitkat you already would have safestrap installed to be able to flash a zip. So basically I decided to leave the zip as is so the safestrap zip if flashed on kitkat rom would leave the apk's in their own folder causing the system not to read them therefore causing your original safestrap apk to not be overwritten. Basically what im saying is I wasted my time making V2 but if you flashed it you are perfectly fine!

blueyes

It will work fine on lollipop rom Basically the only difference is the V2 doesnt put the apks in there own folders inside of system/priv-app folder. On kitkat the apk were not in seperate folders and would not read the apps if they were in their own seperate folders. I then figured if you were on kitkat you already would have safestrap installed to be able to flash a zip. So basically I decided to leave the zip as is so the safestrap zip if flashed on kitkat rom would leave the apk's in their own folder causing the system not to read them therefore causing your original safestrap apk to not be overwritten. Basically what im saying is I wasted my time making V2 but if you flashed it you are perfectly fine!
OK thanks for your time , @jrkruse if you ever make a Moar for Shamu let me know!

stajam

Sep 22, 2013
St Louis
@jrkruse I am running MOAR ver 6.62 and everytime I try to flash this in SS it keeps saying failed. I checked the md5 and they match. I did install the NI2 Flasher .apk and it works flawlessly. Could the NI2 Flasher .apk be the reason why it fails when I tried to flash this?
Thank you in advance.

EDIT:
Well I finally got it to flash.
Now my question is, when I am done flashing stuff in SS, do I still have to flash OA8 flashable kernel before I reboot out of SS? I know it says that all this stuff is built in, but I just wanted to be sure. Thanks.

? If I have helped you please hit the thanks ?

Last edited:

gerland

Jan 24, 2012
jerome
OnePlus 8
Sir is anyone working on a new root for OE1?? It seems that it was forced onto my S5 vzw and now I can't root or downgrade. Thank you.

jrv331

Dec 10, 2010
@jrkruse I am running MOAR ver 6.62 and everytime I try to flash this in SS it keeps saying failed. I checked the md5 and they match. I did install the NI2 Flasher .apk and it works flawlessly. Could the NI2 Flasher .apk be the reason why it fails when I tried to flash this?
Thank you in advance.

EDIT:
Well I finally got it to flash.
Now my question is, when I am done flashing stuff in SS, do I still have to flash OA8 flashable kernel before I reboot out of SS? I know it says that all this stuff is built in, but I just wanted to be sure. Thanks.

? If I have helped you please hit the thanks ?

You have to flash the kernel for the ROM you are on (oa8,oc4 or oe1)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: stajam

Top Liked Posts