[APP/RECOVERY] TWRP 2.4.3.0 for lockled bootloaders installer

Search This thread

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
Hi !

Here's an application to install and uninstall TWRP 2.4.3.0 recovery on locked bootloaders Xperia Z. It's stable on my Xperia Z, but i highly suspect some partition (system) problems with Xperia ZL phones.

This application will install TWRP recovery ramdisk to system as "recovery.tar", but you can provide your own recovery (ramdisk) by placing it to "/sdcard/XZRecovery.tar". This way this application could be compatible with other recovery or devices.

TWRP recovery ported to Xperia Z by krabappel2548 !
If you don't know which file to use, download XZRecovery-1.0.apk, install it and run it.
The recovery will get lost each time you flash a rom or wipe system partition.

• XZRecovery.apk
    • Install, uninstall and reboot to recovery from your Android device

• twrp-2.4.3.0-xz-locked.zip
    • Install recovery from windows (ADB)

• twrp-2.4.3.0-xz-locked-recovery.zip
    • Install recovery from recovery

Attachments

4.5 MB · Views: 78,107
    3.8 MB · Views: 60,277
  • XZRecovery-1.0.apk
    3.9 MB · Views: 159,755
Last edited:

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
Hi,

i did update the first post with a recovery zip that can be installed from recovery. So you should be able to flash any (stock based) rom from recovery, including wiping system, then install this file to get recovery back (well before exiting recovery of course or you'll loose it).

krabappel2548

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2011
Lommel
Re: [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.4.3.0 for lockled bootloaders

Hi,

i did update the first post with a recovery zip that can be installed from recovery. So you should be able to flash any (stock based) rom from recovery, including wiping system, then install this file to get recovery back (well before exiting recovery of course or you'll loose it).

Good work, I suppose you used my TWRP recovery?

Sent from my MT15i using xda app-developers app

Reactions: CarloIT

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
Good work, I suppose you used my TWRP recovery?

Sent from my MT15i using xda app-developers app

I used stock doomlord recovery fs Edit: Hum i'm saying crap, it's for cwm, so yes it use your rootfs! By the way, did you compile it yourslef? if so i could directly add chargemon flashing in the recovery sources each time a wipe is done on system. Else i will not bother downloading sources and configuring all that :p

In fact, like i first thought, we should be able to use any initramfs.

So and for your phone, any news ?!

Last edited:

r1c4rd0

Jan 20, 2007
simply, working perfect... thanks, i prefer TWRP to CWM :D

Untill now, i havent find any king of problems :D

Thanks a lot

Last edited:

krabappel2548

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2011
Lommel
I used stock doomlord recovery fs Edit: Hum i'm saying crap, it's for cwm, so yes it use your rootfs! By the way, did you compile it yourslef? if so i could directly add chargemon flashing in the recovery sources each time a wipe is done on system. Else i will not bother downloading sources and configuring all that :p

In fact, like i first thought, we should be able to use any initramfs.

So and for your phone, any news ?!

I compiled TWRP completely myself yes ;) my patched sources for XZ are on github as wel as the modified device configuration files.
I need ti sent my phone back to the online store on monday, then I'll normally get a replacement for free :)

tanoxxx

Feb 10, 2010
Florence
I need ti sent my phone back to the online store on monday, then I'll normally get a replacement for free :)
Wow, good News, im happy for you :)

Sorry krabappel2548
I not clear to me the story of warranty ..
if you have unlocked the bootloader you sent to Sony your IMEI, you should not have lost the Warranty in this way? I do not understand this :(
Do you lose the warranty or not sending them the IMEI?

Can you help me understand? :confused:
Thanks

finoqq84

Oct 4, 2011
reboots when using root explorer

after installing cwm, phone reboots everytime when i access root explorer or any program that can edit/explore system files. Any fix?

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
Re: [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.4.3.0 for lockled bootloaders

Do you have an xperia ZL ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

tanoxxx

Feb 10, 2010
Florence
Guys, Please, im new of Sony device, i come from so many Samsung device, I'd like to Enjoy my device, root and flash cooked rom, but i need before to know this:

I not clear to me the story of warranty ..
if i have unlocked the bootloader i sent to Sony my IMEI, i should not have lost the Warranty in this way? I do not understand this :(
I lose forever the warranty or not sending them the IMEI?

Can someone help me understand? :confused:

Please, Thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi !

Here's an application to install and uninstall TWRP 2.4.3.0 recovery on locked bootloaders Xperia Z. It's stable on my Xperia Z, but i highly suspect some partition (system) problems with Xperia ZL phones.

This application will install TWRP recovery ramdisk to system as "recovery.tar", but you can provide your own recovery (ramdisk) by placing it to "/sdcard/XZRecovery.tar". This way this application could be compatible with other recovery or devices.

TWRP recovery ported to Xperia Z by krabappel2548 !
    If you don't know which file to use, download XZRecovery-1.0.apk, install it and run it.
    The recovery will get lost each time you flash a rom or wipe system partition.

• XZRecovery.apk
      • Install, uninstall and reboot to recovery from your Android device

• Install recovery from windows (ADB)

• Install recovery from recovery

Hey Cpasjuste, is it possible for you to implement the new TWRP 2.5.0.0 for locked bootloaders?
    I read it's updated to fit the FullHD screen better.

If not, doesn't matter, I'm very thankful of your work

I have TWRP 2.5.0.0 ready :) and I'm waiting for cpasjuste to give me is app sources, I'm going to continue this for him here probably :)
    Because cpasjuste isn't active here And stille hasn't given me his app sources.

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

Sorry Sorry Sorry !

i'll post sources in the holidays (july)
    Hi !

Here's twrp recovery for locked bootloaders. It's working in the same way as cwm for locked bootloaders if you tried it.

See krabappel2548 thread for installation and such: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2187363

Thanks for reading ;)

Great work, hope it works fine, i will give it a try
    Seriously very useful and hassel free app. Thank you so much

Yep yep yep! Your favourites "developers" on XDA don't know anymore what is a community ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app