[MOD] 4-in-1 Reboot Mod - Updated for 4.67/4.54/4.53/4.24 OTA Based Roms - 2/12/12

Search This thread

ca1ne

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 16, 2011
East Coast
Greetings Everyone,

This is my first mod posting. This is a ported reboot mod for the new 4.24 OTA based roms. I took this opportunity to be able to learn some new things and port it on my own. Thank you to all those who helped. Originally I had this as a 3 in 1, but with the option of enabling and disabling fast boot, its best just to leave all four options available for the user to choose. Thanks chamala2000 for catching that distinction. Updated to be a 4 in 1 reboot mod. The 4.53 mod for the 4.54 ota based roms. And now a revised 4.67 ota based rom.

Special thanks to snq who developed the first reboot mod.
Thanks to aamikam for porting the first reboot mod.

For those of you who want not only the 4 in 1 Reboot Mod, but would also like more power menu options, please visit this link: Advanced Power Menu

Files:
OTA 4.24: 4-In-1-Reboot-Menu-4.24_signed.zip
OTA 4.53: 4-In-1-Reboot-Menu-4.53_signed.zip
OTA 4.54: 4-In-1-Reboot-Menu-4.53_signed.zip
OTA 4.67: 4-In-1-Reboot-Menu-4.67_signed.zip

Diff File: 4in1-467-Diff.txt

What you need for this to work:

A Rom based off of one of the applicable OTAs
A DeOdexed Rom
Busybox Installed

Please check with your rom's developer to see if he/she has made any modifications to the android.policy.jar ... if they haven't or you are using the standard DeOdexed rom from Haus or Rom Manager you should be good to flash.

Screenies:
5906924183_17f17f5685.jpg
5910811849_6b1b9b3b36.jpg

Updated to 4 in 1 reboot mod. (Replaced the 3 in 1 reboot mod.)
Updated zip to edify script and signed it, so no need to toggle signatures off anymore
7-21-11 Fixed updater script.
9-17-11 Updated for 4.53 OTA.
2-12-12 Updated for 4.67 OTA and added diff files.

Attachments

• 4-In-1-Reboot-Menu-4.53_signed.zip
    277.7 KB · Views: 325
  • 4-In-1-Reboot-Menu-4.24_signed.zip
    281.1 KB · Views: 129
  • 4-In-1-Reboot-Menu-4.67_signed.zip
    277.3 KB · Views: 135
  • 4in1-467-Diff.txt
    17.8 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

ca1ne

Apr 16, 2011
East Coast
I will be updating this tonight to swap out the reboot for hot restart... Reason being us I had it backwards, restart on the main power menu is like a reboot..

Thanks chamala2000 for catching that mistake

Hamspiced

Dec 14, 2009
Verified Working - Fresh Evo 4.2.0.0

thankyou so much for porting this.

any chance you can try your hand at Jchisurf's Notification Menu?

ca1ne

Apr 16, 2011
East Coast
Verified Working - Fresh Evo 4.2.0.0

thankyou so much for porting this.

any chance you can try your hand at Jchisurf's Notification Menu?

That was something I wanted to try, though since that modifies several files, some used in theming, it would need to be ported to each custom rom, and not a blanket update like this one was.

nvmedjpain

Jul 19, 2010
ca1ne, thanks for this mod works great.

gonna save some time getting into recovery this way.

Sean-El

Sep 21, 2010
San Antonio, Tx
Since Synergy is based off of the speedy port, it wouldn't work without some tinkering

edit: doesn't synergy already have this option? if not let me know

Unless it was in the Rom thread somewhere in the 70 some pages i didn't see it. I don't have it in my menu, i use the Quickboot widget or the root manager widget to hot restart or recovery.

ca1ne

Apr 16, 2011
East Coast
I'll download synergy this weekend to confirm and see if I can make a zip for that rom

Edit, I checked with some synergy users and they said if you hold down power, select restart, then the menu pops up, hope this helps

Last edited:

Hamspiced

Dec 14, 2009
That was something I wanted to try, though since that modifies several files, some used in theming, it would need to be ported to each custom rom, and not a blanket update like this one was.

I got a 10 spot if you port it using freshh 4.2 as a base.

what you could do is port it, then offer it to each rom dev to incorporate within their rom so it wont adjust that roms theming.

Sean-El

Sep 21, 2010
San Antonio, Tx
I'll download synergy this weekend to confirm and see if I can make a zip for that rom

Edit, I checked with some synergy users and they said if you hold down power, select restart, then the menu pops up, hope this helps

Wow, i feel like a jackass... I was going to click restart but didn't. Thanks a lot. Sorry for wasting your time.

Synderelle

Jul 15, 2011
Utah
Zip file

I would love to load this, however I'm using clockwork mod 3 and it requires edify zip files. Can u possibly format the zip so that i may use it?

Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Greetings Everyone,

This is my first mod posting. This is a ported reboot mod for the new 4.24 OTA based roms. I took this opportunity to be able to learn some new things and port it on my own. Thank you to all those who helped. Originally I had this as a 3 in 1, but with the option of enabling and disabling fast boot, its best just to leave all four options available for the user to choose. Thanks chamala2000 for catching that distinction. Updated to be a 4 in 1 reboot mod. The 4.53 mod for the 4.54 ota based roms. And now a revised 4.67 ota based rom.

Special thanks to snq who developed the first reboot mod.
    Thanks to aamikam for porting the first reboot mod.

For those of you who want not only the 4 in 1 Reboot Mod, but would also like more power menu options, please visit this link: Advanced Power Menu

Files:
    OTA 4.24: 4-In-1-Reboot-Menu-4.24_signed.zip
    OTA 4.53: 4-In-1-Reboot-Menu-4.53_signed.zip
    OTA 4.54: 4-In-1-Reboot-Menu-4.53_signed.zip
    OTA 4.67: 4-In-1-Reboot-Menu-4.67_signed.zip

Diff File: 4in1-467-Diff.txt

What you need for this to work:

A Rom based off of one of the applicable OTAs
    A DeOdexed Rom
    Busybox Installed

Please check with your rom's developer to see if he/she has made any modifications to the android.policy.jar ... if they haven't or you are using the standard DeOdexed rom from Haus or Rom Manager you should be good to flash.

Screenies:
    5906924183_17f17f5685.jpg
    5910811849_6b1b9b3b36.jpg

Updated to 4 in 1 reboot mod. (Replaced the 3 in 1 reboot mod.)
    Updated zip to edify script and signed it, so no need to toggle signatures off anymore
    7-21-11 Fixed updater script.
    9-17-11 Updated for 4.53 OTA.
    2-12-12 Updated for 4.67 OTA and added diff files.
    I would love to load this, however I'm using clockwork mod 3 and it requires edify zip files. Can u possibly format the zip so that i may use it?

Thank you

You'd be better off flash amon-ra, it's superior to cwm.

Thank you

I tried that Amend2Edify script to try to convert and sign it, can someone try it out and let me know if its confirmed to run on CWM 3.. If so I'll replace the file in the first post.

I would try it myself, but I'm in the middle of something, and would have to swap roms..
    Yay, it works with CWM3...thanks!
    I haven't had a chance to try it myself, but I did run a diff between the stock 4.53 android.policy.jar and the one you've provided.

EDIT: Also added a diff between stock 4.24 and 4.53 policy.jars.

Hope this helps a bit!

Had a person it two test it on 4.53. Can anyone else confirm that it works with no ill effects, if so, I'll just update the op, thanks in advance..