[ROM] MIUI ROM 2.4.1 Nexus S 4G [ICS] [UPDATED 4-1-12]

What kernel have you had the most success with (battery life + performance)

• Air Kernel

Votes: 24 26.1%
  • Matr1x

Votes: 50 54.3%
  • Trinity Kernels

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Ezekiel's

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Stock

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Steve Garon's

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • other

Votes: 3 3.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

messiah143

Oct 6, 2010
Hey Fergie,

Thank you so much for your continue support within the MIUI community. YOU THA MAN!!!! I miss this ROM.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

fergie716

May 14, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Thanks for the kind words guys.

@flood- I will get that to you tomorrow, gunna relax for a bit

Just a quick note- I recently closed all of my Themes/Mods/ROM threads to attend to some personal matters. I am still doing so but I couldn't resist sharing what we came up with. Without the aforementioned developers (in OP) this would have never happened.

I try to have fun with this stuff, so I encourage everyone to do the same. From my perspective I am under no obligation to update every week, to attend to every problem or to even post this. This is an online community so let's help each other. MIUI gets updated tomorrow, I will try to get to the update when I have time (if not tomorrow, Sunday for sure)

Enjoy guys, gunna have a drink and study

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: ghostzyden

fergie716

May 14, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Does this include fixing the "roaming indicator off" Or will your fix for miui gb work for that?

Read the OP and follow the instructions. Yes it will, the GB fix will most likely cause a boot loop. The fix I added to this ROM is in the OP of this ROM

koricua74

Jun 12, 2009
Killeen, Texas
fergie,

THANKS again for taking time to port this over to NS4G!!!!! Just wanted to let you know that I was getting a Settings FC when I tried to add an account.

Xhaotic

Dec 10, 2011
New York, NY
Looks and feels good so far. Smooth, responsive...
Not entirely sure how I feel about MIUI and not having an app-drawer but I'll try this out till OTA hits. :) Only problem I had was getting Settings to not FC so I can sync a google account for contacts, etc... But just had to open GMail and sign in to fix that. I may have to try out other kernels, most likely Air or Matr1x 16.5. But nonetheless, great work!

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 AM ----------

fergie,

THANKS again for taking time to port this over to NS4G!!!!! Just wanted to let you know that I was getting a Settings FC when I tried to add an account.

Sign into GMail, that worked for me.

koricua74

Jun 12, 2009
Killeen, Texas
Not entirely sure how I feel about MIUI and not having an app-drawer but I'll try this out till OTA hits. :) Only problem I had was getting Settings to not FC so I can sync a google account for contacts, etc... But just had to open GMail and sign in to fix that. I may have to try out other kernels, most likely Air or Matr1x 16.5. But nonetheless, great work!

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 AM ----------

Sign into GMail, that worked for me.

I did and it worked for me I just wanted to let him know.

blacknet101

Dec 4, 2010
California

Welcome to Oodie MIUI Prime

ORIGINAL THREAD by Oodie

primeics2resize.jpg

What Is This Rom

This is a miui 4 rom mixed with cm9 drivers
Some tweaks added ( not many )
Comes with the KalimOC CM9 Kernel ( Feel free to use it with other custom kernels & report back )
Some apps updated due to some errors in stock apps
HW acceleration Enabled
Superuser Fully working ( Miui security app )
etc .. etc :D

DOWNLOADS

DOWNLOAD ROM

FRAMEWORK FIXES

DICTIONARY FIX

INSTRUCTIONS:

1) DOWNLOAD ROM AND FIXES, PLACE ON SD
2) DO A FULL WIPE IF COMING FROM ANOTHER ROM (WIPE SYSTEM/DATA/BOOT/CACHE)
3) FLASH OODIE ROM AND REBOOT
4) LET PHONE CHILL FOR A FEW, THEN REBOOT BACK INTO RECOVERY
5) FLASH FRAMEWORK FIX AND DICTIONARY FIX
6) FIX PERMISSIONS AND REBOOT
7) ENJOY!

**NOTE ABOUT DICTIONARY FIX**

-After flashing dictionary fix go into Settings>Language & Input> Select the other defaults in Spelling Correction and Default Dictionary (might get Settings force close)

IF YOUR PICTURES/MUSIC ARE NOT SHOWING UP DOWNLOAD "RESCAN MEDIA" FROM MARKET AND RUN IT

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND FLASHING A DIFFERENT ICS KERNEL FOR PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT

NOT WORKING:

-MMS (received only, you can send MMS with default Messaging app. Try using 3rd part Messaging app to download MMS)

-4G (I don't have 4G, will probably not attempt to add for awhile)

CREDITS:
Oodie, rlasalle15
, Scott951 (without these guys, this ROM wouldn't have been ported. Thank you so much guys)

THANKKS SO MUCH! Oodie, rlasalle15, Scott951 and Fergie of course! i have been waiting so long for this :D is everything working?

Xhaotic

Dec 10, 2011
New York, NY
Yeah, MMS fix would be amazing... Also, just flashed Matr1x kernel, option to switch governors is greyed out in NSTools. :\

Edit: nvm, rebooting fixed that XD

fergie716

May 14, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I got an MMS fix in the works

But for those who want, just download Go SMS and use it whenever you get an MMS \, download it and kill the app so it isn't running in the background

Joshhayes801

Apr 26, 2010
Ogden, UT
www.uglyduckskateboards.com
This is amazing fergie. You guys did one hell of a job. The ONLY problem so far is settings force closing when going to accounts and sync. Other than that nothing else. Thank you guys so much and amazing work, once again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MIUI V4 (ICS)

This is a port of MIUI ICS to the Nexus S 4G. Thanks to Mark for giving permission to port this and to be a part of the miuiandroid development team

SCREEN SHOTS

MUysA.png
    o2ayp.png

dQKbi.png
    3LwRa.png

BPfE8.png
    7gTY4.png

DOWNLOAD HERE

HOW TO INSTALL

-Download ROM and place on SD

-Reboot into recovery and..

-If coming from another ROM, make sure you do a full wipe (cache/dalvik/data/system/boot)

OR

-If upgrading from a previous build, feel free to just wipe cache/dalvik cache. If you experience problems please consider doing a complete wipe before posting bugs

-Flash ROM

-Flash custom ICS kernel (A MUST FOR WIFI) (optional, but recommended)

OFFICIAL CHANGE LOG HERE

**TIPS**

IF GPS DOESN'T WORK TRY DOWNLOADING GPS STATUS & TOOLBOX AND DOWNLOAD A-GPS DATA UNDER TOOLS>MANAGE-A-GPS STATE. IF THAT DOESN'T WORK FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS HERE, WORKED WONDERS FOR ME

IF YOUR PICTURES/MUSIC ARE NOT SHOWING UP DOWNLOAD "RESCAN MEDIA" FROM MARKET AND RUN IT

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND FLASHING A DIFFERENT ICS KERNEL FOR PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT

NOT WORKING:

-4G (I don't have 4G, will probably not attempt to add for awhile. PLEASE DON'T ASK FOR AN ETA ON THIS. When I know, you'l know)

-Also, most themes made for MIUI are for MIUI Gibgerbread so beware! Make sure the theme your using specifies it's for ICS MIUI (MIUI V4)[/SIZE]

CREDITS:
    Oodie, MarkHUK, rlasalle15
    , Scott951 , kong(without these guys, this ROM wouldn't have been ported. Thank you so much guys)
    Just an fyi- I ported the new update this morning. Everything is running good. It has the option to hide status bar notifications which is handy as well as Access Control, which lets you protect individual apps with passwords.

Also, MIUI music is more stable than before which is great.

Check out the full ICS change log here:

http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/miui-rom-2-3-2-changelog-ics.15592/

I'll try to upload it tonight. More than likely it will be available for download this Sunday

MY CHANGE LOG (3/18/12)

-added 3 way reboot option (credit: kong)
    -updated busybox
    -fixed init.d issue
    -added facebook contact sync
    -modded services.jar for V6 Supercharger
    -added new Project Vex icons (over 1000)
    -added modified MIUI ICS LS (credit: Mr. Megi and myself)(double click center ring for music controls)
    -Some build.prop tweaks
    Looks super awesome, fergie

Niice. Takes some getting used to though.

Thats what she said.

•°NS4G • ICS°•
    I am uploading the Oodie ROM that requires no additional fixes. It is the same ROM as the OP with the new fixes

Now, I have been in contact with Mark from miuiandroid.com and have decided to do official ports for them. They seem like a great group of people and I'm excited about it. Main reason I wanna do that is so other's can create/mod their own MIUI ROM. That version will be the most "Stock" like in that no additional tweaks or mods will be added