[Tweak/App] Disabling HTC Messaging in manila 2.5 (version 1.2 Updated on 29th Sep)

Search This thread

josephhajjar

Jul 1, 2009
is there a way to still using HTC messaging application to send/receive and thread view, but can at the same time view sms with tmail application, i mean the same way i view email in the inbox with the old winmo application

farshad1360

Mar 18, 2011
htc hd mini problem

hello
I have htc mini and I want to disable htc messaging. I searched the htc mini forum but I cant find any help there ,so sorry that I ask my question here.
I follow the instruction of the disabling htc messaging. I installed zenyee disable htc messaging v1.2 but after reastarting i can use the wm sms when only the icon is placed in home tab menu in the main screen. but when i go to start and programs, click on the htc message icon again the htc client appears. Is there any way to disable completely htc messaging client.?
thanks alot.

applefruit

Nov 25, 2009
Following up to my post above. I have created a cab that will make this process easier. There were a couple mistakes in the "app.reg" file that I have corrected. So, here are the instructions to disable the HTC Messaging Client and enable the MS Messaging Client instead:

1) Uninstall any messaging related cabs (including the Zenyee or Static cabs)
2) Disable Sense
3) Use Total Commander to Delete the "ManilaFull.xml" in the "\Windows" folder
4) Install the attached cab that corresponds to your device (GSM or CDMA)
5) Soft Reset
6) Go to "HKLM\System\Inbox\ExternalAccounts"
Rename "SMS" to "SMS.htc"
7) Soft Reset
8) Install Arcsoft MMS software (go here if you need it)
9) Soft Reset
10) Enable Sense

Please let me know how it works for you guys!

I'd like to give credit to fone_fanatic, dagrim1, and xwpx520 for finding this information:cool:

FYI: There are 2 bugs present in this solution. 1)The manila messaging tab will not show the proper unread SMS count. 2)The LED light notification will not go off when you receive a new SMS. Now if somebody can figure out a working solution for either of these bugs then please let me know:cool:

Thanks for the info! I am using this tweak to enable tmail. It works well except that error message pop up once in a while( maybe once out of every 2-3 sms ) after sending an sms. The sms is send successfully though. The error message appear only in threaded mode. It is a pain in the a@@. Can' t believe that there is no solution to make the native winmo 6.5 messaging client works perfectly! :(

Gater

Jan 15, 2008
Prague
Hi, I' ve got HTC Topaz (Diamond 2) with original WM 6.5 ROM and I want to get rid off of HTC Messaging. After instalation of Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging and reseting the error appears, some problem with smspatch.exe and if I get a new message no notification of sms appears in Manila, only sound and little message icon in statusbar and LED is also dead. Any idea ? :/

Chef_Tony

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 8, 2008
since this tweak changes system files, if it was not successful, you might have to hard reset to get your files back to the way they were and apparently your device or rom is not compatible with this tweak.

theorbitter

Mar 26, 2011
Re: [Tweak/App] Disabling HTC Messaging in manila 2.5 (version 1.2 Updated)

Thank you.
Thank you.
Thank you.
Thank you.
Thank you.

Your patch is a life saver!
Awesome!