[Q] Windows Phone 7 ROM for Nexus S GSM?

Search This thread

rpark91

Dec 29, 2009
I'm wondering if it's possible to dual boot Windows Phone 7 and Android on Nexus S? It's been done on HD2. Just wondering why it hasn't been done for Nexus S. (unless if it's the sd card thing).

SA-07

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 21, 2010
Wrong section! ;)

I do know of ubuntu on the nexus s, but idk about win7 on it LOL.

And it makes sense with win7 put on the hd2 since its a windows phone lol

But yeah, you need to move this to q and a ;D

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA App

Reactions: ostvarivanje

apreichner

Apr 12, 2009
It is really impractical for one thing. The hd2 was a windows mobile device with a completely different bootloader. I believe they were able to use a modified bootloader to do it. We would need to somehow port over the bootloader from the Samsung focus. Unfortunately modifying bootloaders is very dangerous. If it doesn't work you brick. We would brick a lot of devices. So with the price we pay for the bricked phones we might as well buy a Samsung focus.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium App

graphreak

Mar 24, 2006
On my Android powered mobile ;)
I'm wondering if it's possible to dual boot Windows Phone 7 and Android on Nexus S? It's been done on HD2. Just wondering why it hasn't been done for Nexus S. (unless if it's the sd card thing).

Wrong section perhaps for such a question?
The basic approach, or concept if you may, in my opinion, is completely opposite.
Like comparing apples to oranges.
HD2 is a Windows Phone to which Android was ported for dual-boot.
Where as, Nexus S is an Android phone and to port Windows Phone 7 to it would be an entirely different ball game.
Even to try dual booting.
Doubt if it'd be a worthwhile effort.
One can never really say. :eek:
Probably a far better idea to try and port Android to the Samsung Focus than do Phone 7 on the Nexus S.

bsbokc

Mar 23, 2011
Oklahoma City
As soon as you can talk Microsoft into open-sourcing the WP7 platform it will be done. The main reason Android was ported to the HD2 is because Android is open source and it made it possible.

ragnarokx

Sep 1, 2010
Southwest
As soon as you can talk Microsoft into open-sourcing the WP7 platform it will be done. The main reason Android was ported to the HD2 is because Android is open source and it made it possible.

This idea has been proposed before on XDA for another phone, and the thread was shut down due to it being illegal.

tw1nz

Aug 13, 2010
Copenhagen

I dont think there is dev enough to do that, and i think we need the SD card to Dual boot. Bot maybe its possible to port WP7, but we need a dev that want to work on it.

But hey! Its sound awesome to have WP7 on NS, is miss it alot from my old HD2 (sold now :( )

sickzz

Jun 15, 2010
Koblenz (Germany)
I don't think that's ever the nexus s will have WP7.

All WP7 devices has the same hardware, the Snapdragon CPU, same RAM etc..
The Omnia 7 also as well.

dario3040

Feb 9, 2010
Oslo
The new Mango update fully supports the Nexus S hardware, but I doubt it will be available for a number of reasons, the 2 best reasons being:
1: It's closed source
2: Unless we got an unbrickable thing like the captivate, I doubt we would come far anyway, or at least we would need many Nexus S devices.

rpark91

Dec 29, 2009
Thank you all for the input. Since WP7 is locked, maybe there's a rom that mimicks the WP7 platform?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wrong section! ;)

I do know of ubuntu on the nexus s, but idk about win7 on it LOL.

And it makes sense with win7 put on the hd2 since its a windows phone lol

But yeah, you need to move this to q and a ;D

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA App