[ROM][ICS] JJ's HYBRID ROM Revolution (AOSP Dialer/Contacts) | Lite | 30-Apr |

Search This thread

jjdoctor

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 3, 2011
Rawalpindi
Thanks acocaplypso for uploading the link... This is a Hotfix... U can flash on top of ROM... Didnt want u guys to flash entire ROM again just for a few fixes and additions..

we are trying to get u AOSP Lock and Reboot Menu on Deodexed Base... there were some troubles which hopefully will be fixed Later (tonight or tomorrow)... Then I will upload FULL ROM v3.1 with all the stuff..

PLEASE DONT APPLY BATTERY MODS... Hotfix already includes AOSP batt % mod.. The older ones are from Ray and not compatible.. I am uploading fixed battery mods Later tonight...

I have uploaded FaceLock patch in Addons....

ginjamaka

Dec 9, 2009
Oranjestad
ChangeLog
1) Added Latest Adreno drivers
2) Fixed 12/24 hr Clock in status bar (thanks hansip87)
3) Added Google Voice
4) Adding Default Sony themes
5) Added Google Quick SearchBox
6) Added recent application Mod to status bar (thanks hansip87)
7) Included Reboot fix

Download: Rapidshare

Mirror: Mediafire

and also Availiable at http://code.google.com/p/jjs-hybrid-rom

Is that the V3.1 or just the hotfix to make V3 better? Do I need to wipe anything?

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

what is your baseband?
I reflash with other baseband but camera can't take video

My baseband is .62 :) and ofcourse using doomlords advanced stock kernel

Last edited:
Reactions: DevilPaky

acocalypso

Feb 7, 2011
Is that the V3.1 or just the hotfix to make V3 better? Do I need to wipe anything?

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

My baseband is .62 :)

This is just the hotfix, you dont have to wipe anything.

If you are using Doomskernel you need to repatch the Wifi Fix.

ginjamaka

Dec 9, 2009
Oranjestad
This is just the hotfix, you dont have to wipe anything.

If you are using Doomskernel you need to repatch the Wifi Fix.

Seems I didn't have to repatch, all working fine here :) I am using the advanced stock and not the OC one.
Where can I get the Google maps? I think you didn't include it in your ROM

P.S I have noticed that after installing the hotfix, you will need to install all apps that were on internal memory

Last edited:

jjdoctor

May 3, 2011
Rawalpindi
Where can I get the Google maps? I think you didn't include it in your ROM

You can grsb that from market.. Use market enabler if you can't see it there

Btw guys, sharing with you test build 3.1.. Deodexed, with aosp lock screen... And full fixed version including hotfix changes... No need to flash reboot fix

No reboot menu, acocalypso is on it making one...:)

Anyone wants to try test version flash this and report any bugs... Hopefully none

ROM v 3.1
http://www.mediafire.com/?cc9mw4fh6dhyr5b

ginjamaka

Dec 9, 2009
Oranjestad
You can grsb that from market.. Use market enabler if you can't see it there

Btw guys, sharing with you test build 3.1.. Deodexed, with aosp lock screen... And full fixed version including hotfix changes... No need to flash reboot fix

No reboot menu, acocalypso is on it making one...:)

Anyone wants to try test version flash this and report any bugs... Hopefully none

ROM v 3.1
http://www.mediafire.com/?cc9mw4fh6dhyr5b

Thanx a bunch will test now!

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

There is something wrong with your V3.1 after flashing it, no wallpaper, no taskbar just plain black screen with icons :S it's me or the ROM I will reflash V3 then hotfix it

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

I have some serious problems guys I can't make it work again :( I do a full wipe then flash same thing...I think I messed it up :'(

Michealtbh

Nov 16, 2010
Belfast
Google Pixel 4
Thanx a bunch will test now!

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

There is something wrong with your V3.1 after flashing it, no wallpaper, no taskbar just plain black screen with icons :S it's me or the ROM I will reflash V3 then hotfix it

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

I have some serious problems guys I can't make it work again :( I do a full wipe then flash same thing...I think I messed it up :'(
Same problem for me, no notification bar

T3mpr1x

Sep 16, 2007
Santa Clarita
x51v.info
Wohoo! Got it working on my Verizon (CDMA) PLAY. Thanks! First, it had no service. Then Wifi didn't work. Applied various patches, and now it works! But, the Market/Play Store is not downloading any apps, it just stops at "Downloading"...Is there a fix for that?

Update: Got it working! I followed the directions here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23995838&postcount=5

The link to the Play Store is dead, but a quick Google search will find a suitable download.

Last edited:

T3mpr1x

Sep 16, 2007
Santa Clarita
x51v.info
So this is a pretty quick and stable ROM, but I've noticed a couple things on my CDMA version:

1) Data connection is severed when only on 3G - apps will wait to download until I have a Wifi connection, and any apps that require an Internet connection fail. Maps, FourSquare and other apps that only require GPS data still work, however.

2) No matter what I do I cannot seem to edit the APN list. APN Manager FC's when I try to swap APNs, and the built-in editor fails to see the APNs it creates, though they do save since they show up in the APN Manager app.

3) The phone doesn't work quite right. If anyone calls me, I cannot answer since the screen does not come up. All I get is the message "com.android.phone has closed." Once I click OK it goes away for a second or two, and then comes back. It repeats this message until the phone goes to voicemail, or the other person hangs up (I can place calls but it does this same behavior).

Let me know if you need any info from my phone to help!

KeiranFTW

Nov 17, 2011
Sunderland
Permission to use your dialer and contacts? And do I need to change framework if so?

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ PLAY using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys,

Here is a ROM Based on ICS Beta... I have it down Stripped down to Look as Much as AOSP as Possible and ported AOSP ICS Dialer and Contacts

thanks thomassafca for Testing.....

If you are a ROM Developer Feel Free to use this ROM as a Base for ROM Development
    as I dont own Play and wont be fixing many things which Other Developers can fix...

If you can, dont forget me in Credits s if you use this as a Base...

Features and Mods:
    1) AOSP apps
    2) ICS Themed Toggle Widgets with Recent apps
    3) Reboot in Power menu
    4) Removed tons of Sony Framework files unnecessary..

Whats Working:
    Everything is working according to thomassafca...
    You can tell better...

dREFn.png

DOWNLOAD ROM: JJ's Hybrid Revolution

DOWNLOAD Kernel: (Use Stock Kernel with CWM). Didnt test other Kernels

Instructions:

Copy to SD card,, FULLWIPE/FACTORY RESET and FLASH via CWM Recovery
    Have fun... :)
    UpComing V 3.1 (hopefully in 2-3 hrs)

ChangeLog
    1) Deodexed ROM
    2) Added Latest Adreno drivers
    3) Fixed 12/24 hr Clock in status bar (thanks hansip87)
    4) Added Google Voice
    5) Adding Default Sony themes
    6) Added Google Quick SearchBox
    7) Added recent application Mod to status bar (thanks hansip87)
    8) Reboot Menu in PowerMenu
    9) Included Reboot fix
    I have installed this on my R800x and am able to get calls and 3g data working using the methods in the official sony ROM thread. The only problem I have that is specific to this rom is the way that the time and show on my menubar. When 24 hour format is disabled the time shows up as random characters, but when I enable 24 hour format the time shows as the 12hour format time. Instead of show 20:00 the time shown was 8:00pm

Yeah.. I am aware of the bug and will fix it... Hope it's tolerable for the time being...

It's basically using Systemui.apk from Ray which seems incompatible with Play in time format...

will fix it later using play statusbar as base... :)

Let me just gather bugs reported from users for 3-4 days then i will make a hotfix for all bugs
    Nice ROM, but it sucks that you don't own an Xperia PLAY...

Dont worry mate, I dont on an ARC too.. Check here

I am sure once u flash, u guys will love it...:)

Another hour or two and the ROM will be up for download...