[LIST] Best Games for the TF700

Search This thread

KilerG

Oct 7, 2011
Santa Barbara, CA
We have an apps thread, how about a games thread?
I'll update the OP with new games and info about them...

Tegra 3 Optimized- ShadowGun -$5 (Also available on Tegra Zone)
SHADOWGUN puts you into the role of John Slade, the galaxy’s most infamous bounty hunter. Your mission: hunt down Dr. Edgar Simon, maniacal genius and leader of his own mutant army

Tegra 3 Optimized- Riptide GP -$2 (Also available on Tegra Zone)
Rev up your supercharged jet ski and take a wild ride through twisting canals and rivers, futuristic cityscapes, and mysterious research facilities.

Tegra 3 Optimized- May Payne -$3
Max Payne is a relentless story-driven game about a man on the edge, fighting to clear his name while struggling to uncover the truth about his slain family amongst a myriad of plot-twists.

This has a Tegra 3 version, can't find it- Grand Theft Auto III -$5
The sprawling crime epic that changed open-world games forever. Welcome to Liberty City. Where it all began.

Tegra 3 Optimized- Heroes Call THD -Free
Brineside is a city under siege, beset with dangers from outside, within and below. The Adventurers Guild is in dire need of new Heroes. Are you ready to answer the call?

Tegra 3 Optimized- Siegecraft THD -$3
SIEGECRAFT THD is the definitive version of the ultimate 3D physics-based game! Lay waste to your enemies using crossbows, catapults, battering rams and more.

Tegra 3 Optimized- Dead Trigger -Free
Smash hordes of bloodthirsty zombies, Secure vital supplies, Save other survivors, Protect the Safe Haven, Explore the city, and uncover the provoking truth in this intense FPS action game!

Angry Birds (OG, Seasons, Rio, Space)
A classic game...I'm not getting a description for this.

Grabatron -Free
Take control of a UFO with a retractable claw and destroy the puny humans!

Six Guns -Free
Buck Crosshaw never shot a man who didn’t deserve it, but now he’s an outlaw who had to fake his own death and escape to Arizona. But in escaping one evil, Buck is about to face another, for an ancient and wicked force stirs in the hills of this mysterious region.

Wind up Knight -Free
Guide your Wind-up Knight through devilish levels--over 50 in all--to rescue the Princess from the clutches of the evil Black Knight.

Osmos -$3 (Demo available)
Absorb, or be absorbed...

Project 83113 -Free
The ultimate battle has begun. Special unit 83113 (Belle) evolved for one purpose: bring an end to the reign of the machine.

Speedx 3D -Free
Stunning accelerometer-controlled tunnel racer with amazing 3D graphics

World of Goo -$5 (Demo available)
Beautiful and surprising, the millions of Goo Balls who live in the World of Goo are curious to explore - but they don't know that they are in a game, or that they are extremely delicious.

Apparatus -$1.29 (Lite version available)
Build a complex machine to perform a simple task, Rube Goldberg style

Critical Strike Portable -Free
Critical Strike Portable (CS Portable) delivers the nostalgic Counter-Strike style gaming experience on your Android smartphone and tablet! Enjoy the smooth and customizable touch controls and play the exciting cross-platform first-person shooter against other players on the web and on other mobile platforms.

Broken Sword: Director's Cut -$4
One of the all-time classic adventures, multi BAFTA-nominated 'Broken Sword: Director’s Cut' pitches sassy journalist Nico Collard, and intrepid American George Stobbart into a mysterious journey of intrigue and jeopardy.

Emulators (by Yongzh) -(Atari-Gameboy-Gameboy Color-SEGA Master System-Genesis-N64-NES-SNES) -Free, except N64 is $5
Allows you to play games from old consoles. These apps need to be sideloaded. You need to download the game ROMs from somewhere else...

FPse -$3.95
Playstation emulator. You need to download the game ROMs from somewhere else....

Last edited:

Svashtar

Dec 14, 2009
Kranj
I have some games, just to try out the gaming experience on the tablet. Never been a heavy gamer, but I had played few extensively (Ghost Recon, Need4Speed, Max Payne)...

So, yeah, Max Payne - installed it, seems pretty nice! Hard though, as i am not yet used to touchscreen based playing. But good old Max rox :)

Reactions: Chief Geek

d14b0ll0s

Sep 4, 2011
Yeah, Riptide's fun.
I'm not really shooters' fan, so haven't tried Shadowgun.
In my apps thread I've included games, but let me just copy it there, as there in fact should be a separate games thread :)

Favourite(?) games:
- Heroes Call THD (Edit 15.07.2012: the developer has responded to my email and was kind enough to offer me gems for free after my loss of data; btw, linking to Facebook account can help you move progress between many devices, this way I got back my progress from the iPad ); Broken Sword: Director's Cut; GTA III; Angry Birds (Space and earlier)
- I'm about to try more than few clicks in some games that seem promising: Siegecraft THD, Grabatron, Six Guns, Wind-up Knight
- some classics: TrialX2 (Winter), Cut the Rope HD, Robo Defense (quite big on this screen, but still cool)

KilerG

Oct 7, 2011
Santa Barbara, CA
Yeah, Riptide's fun.
I'm not really shooters' fan, so haven't tried Shadowgun.
In my apps thread I've included games, but let me just copy it there, as there in fact should be a separate games thread :)

Favourite(?) games:
- Heroes Call THD (Edit 15.07.2012: the developer has responded to my email and was kind enough to offer me gems for free after my loss of data; btw, linking to Facebook account can help you move progress between many devices, this way I got back my progress from the iPad ); Broken Sword: Director's Cut; GTA III; Angry Birds (Space and earlier)
- I'm about to try more than few clicks in some games that seem promising: Siegecraft THD, Grabatron, Six Guns, Wind-up Knight
- some classics: TrialX2 (Winter), Cut the Rope HD, Robo Defense (quite big on this screen, but still cool)

I see that you liked my suggestion of Grabatron lol. That game is pretty fun.

I also updated the OP, it has a list of some games now.

Last edited:

d14b0ll0s

Sep 4, 2011
I see that you liked my suggestion of Grabatron lol. That game is pretty fun.

I also updated the OP, it has a list of some games now.

Yeah, I told you I liked it from the very beginning! :D Forgot it was you, n1.
You can add Broken Sword: Director's Cut to the list, it's a great classic revived, although I liked it better in lower res (had it on iPad), as you can see some pixels on FHD.. but, on the other hand, this adds this retro style to it.

KilerG

Oct 7, 2011
Santa Barbara, CA

fortunz

Apr 19, 2009
inside
Do many games support keyboard controls? My PC's PSU is awaiting replacement or I'd try some splashtop (or whatever asus calls it) gaming with steam. Touchscreen controls never exactly wowed me, save for casual or top down strategy like tower defense, and accelerometer controls have just never wowed me at all.

KilerG

Oct 7, 2011
Santa Barbara, CA
Do many games support keyboard controls? My PC's PSU is awaiting replacement or I'd try some splashtop (or whatever asus calls it) gaming with steam. Touchscreen controls never exactly wowed me, save for casual or top down strategy like tower defense, and accelerometer controls have just never wowed me at all.

I think some do actually. I think GTA III supports keyboards, I also think that CS Portable might work too.

Reactions: fortunz

modulator03

Apr 26, 2010
Even though I've got a bunch of other THD/marketplace games, I find myself playing emulators more often than official android developed games!

My favorite is yongzh's N64oid. Runs better than Mupen64 Plus AE in my opinion, and all the games I have tried have been very smooth on the infinity. Super Smash Bros, Star Fox, Animal Crossing, Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask, Kirby, Mario Kart, etc, etc all run near-perfect, emulate at native resolution, and look amazing on the TF700. Add an HD texture pack (ex: 1 2 3) and it the graphic quality will rival or surpass most new android games!

Last edited:

KilerG

Oct 7, 2011
Santa Barbara, CA
Even though I've got a bunch of other THD/marketplace games, I find myself playing emulators more often than official android developed games!

My favorite is yongzh's N64oid. Runs better than Mupen64 Plus AE in my opinion, and all the games I have tried have been very smooth on the infinity. Super Smash Bros, Star Fox, Animal Crossing, Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask, Kirby, Mario Kart, etc, etc all run near-perfect, emulate at native resolution, and look amazing on the TF700. Add an HD texture pack (ex: 1 2 3) and it the graphic quality will rival or surpass most new android games!

Wow I didn't even know people made full re-texture packs. That's actually quite cool! I'll be putting some of those in N64oid, that was one thing I didn't like about playing emulators, the textures look awful when stretched to 1080p.

Svashtar

Dec 14, 2009
Kranj
I know majority here probably wants some 3d and heavy graphics games list, but I simply love simple and addictive games.
New star on my list: Auralux. Crazy!

modulator03

Apr 26, 2010
Wow I didn't even know people made full re-texture packs. That's actually quite cool! I'll be putting some of those in N64oid, that was one thing I didn't like about playing emulators, the textures look awful when stretched to 1080p.

Just tried dijipi's pack for OOT and super smash bros HD pack, both working great on N64oid, doesn't seem to slow it down at all!
Here are all available (WIP or Complete) texture packs for N64.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We have an apps thread, how about a games thread?
    I'll update the OP with new games and info about them...

Tegra 3 Optimized- ShadowGun -$5 (Also available on Tegra Zone)
    SHADOWGUN puts you into the role of John Slade, the galaxy’s most infamous bounty hunter. Your mission: hunt down Dr. Edgar Simon, maniacal genius and leader of his own mutant army

Tegra 3 Optimized- Riptide GP -$2 (Also available on Tegra Zone)
    Rev up your supercharged jet ski and take a wild ride through twisting canals and rivers, futuristic cityscapes, and mysterious research facilities.

Tegra 3 Optimized- May Payne -$3
    Max Payne is a relentless story-driven game about a man on the edge, fighting to clear his name while struggling to uncover the truth about his slain family amongst a myriad of plot-twists.

This has a Tegra 3 version, can't find it- Grand Theft Auto III -$5
    The sprawling crime epic that changed open-world games forever. Welcome to Liberty City. Where it all began.

Tegra 3 Optimized- Heroes Call THD -Free
    Brineside is a city under siege, beset with dangers from outside, within and below. The Adventurers Guild is in dire need of new Heroes. Are you ready to answer the call?

Tegra 3 Optimized- Siegecraft THD -$3
    SIEGECRAFT THD is the definitive version of the ultimate 3D physics-based game! Lay waste to your enemies using crossbows, catapults, battering rams and more.

Tegra 3 Optimized- Dead Trigger -Free
    Smash hordes of bloodthirsty zombies, Secure vital supplies, Save other survivors, Protect the Safe Haven, Explore the city, and uncover the provoking truth in this intense FPS action game!

Angry Birds (OG, Seasons, Rio, Space)
    A classic game...I'm not getting a description for this.

Grabatron -Free
    Take control of a UFO with a retractable claw and destroy the puny humans!

Six Guns -Free
    Buck Crosshaw never shot a man who didn’t deserve it, but now he’s an outlaw who had to fake his own death and escape to Arizona. But in escaping one evil, Buck is about to face another, for an ancient and wicked force stirs in the hills of this mysterious region.

Wind up Knight -Free
    Guide your Wind-up Knight through devilish levels--over 50 in all--to rescue the Princess from the clutches of the evil Black Knight.

Osmos -$3 (Demo available)
    Absorb, or be absorbed...

Project 83113 -Free
    The ultimate battle has begun. Special unit 83113 (Belle) evolved for one purpose: bring an end to the reign of the machine.

Speedx 3D -Free
    Stunning accelerometer-controlled tunnel racer with amazing 3D graphics

World of Goo -$5 (Demo available)
    Beautiful and surprising, the millions of Goo Balls who live in the World of Goo are curious to explore - but they don't know that they are in a game, or that they are extremely delicious.

Apparatus -$1.29 (Lite version available)
    Build a complex machine to perform a simple task, Rube Goldberg style

Critical Strike Portable -Free
    Critical Strike Portable (CS Portable) delivers the nostalgic Counter-Strike style gaming experience on your Android smartphone and tablet! Enjoy the smooth and customizable touch controls and play the exciting cross-platform first-person shooter against other players on the web and on other mobile platforms.

Broken Sword: Director's Cut -$4
    One of the all-time classic adventures, multi BAFTA-nominated 'Broken Sword: Director’s Cut' pitches sassy journalist Nico Collard, and intrepid American George Stobbart into a mysterious journey of intrigue and jeopardy.

Emulators (by Yongzh) -(Atari-Gameboy-Gameboy Color-SEGA Master System-Genesis-N64-NES-SNES) -Free, except N64 is $5
    Allows you to play games from old consoles. These apps need to be sideloaded. You need to download the game ROMs from somewhere else...

FPse -$3.95
    Playstation emulator. You need to download the game ROMs from somewhere else....
    Anyone tried Nova 3 on the Infinity?
    Read about freezes and black scenes...

I have. And yes, it did have the same symptoms at first. So I made sure I disabled autostart for all unnecessary apps. After a reboot (and still about 700M free mem according to the System Tuner widget) I was able to play Nova 3. After about 20 mins of play I closed it and started MC3 (also part of the end of summer sale). Previously, it too would freeze/flicker, but I was able to play it. I quit after about 30 mins and returned to Nova 3. About 5 mins in, I died, and respawned, but the screen would start to flicker/freeze.

It seems to me that both games and/or the nvidia gfx driver are memory hungry and can't deal with memory fragmentation very well. I'm still trying to dig up some clues as to what might be the cause of all this using CatLog. I have already tracked down that when the screen starts to flicker/get stuck CatLog shows a lot of NvRnChannelSubmit failed entries (from NvOsDebugPrintf), which has been reported for other games as well, here on xda.
    Max Payne is on sale for $0.99 until September 4th, go get it while it's hot!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...1bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5yb2Nrc3Rhci5tYXhwYXluZSJd
    do you have instructions on how to get Zelda textures to work?

I try and try...

"
    1. You need to first download the textures you want. Usually googling "N64 texture packs" gets the job done. Or name of the game Star Fox 64 Texture Packs(or hacks)

2. After you download your texture pack, unzip it. There should be a single folder, inside that folder you should see more folders called Characters, Ingame, Text, etc. (Depending on the game)

3. Move that folder to your SD Card \.n64oid\hires_texture\ (So if we downloaded a super smash bros texture it would look like \.n64oid\hires_texture\SMASH BROTHERS)

4. Next the name of the folder must match the "Rom Name" of your n64 game rom. To know the Rom Name:
    -Download Tool64
    -Open the folder where your roms are (File > Open)
    -Right Click on the rom and select Rom Properties
    -Look at the "Rom Name" value, that is what the folder needs to be named.

5. Open N64oid, go to Settings > Engine settings > Enable external textures. And turn those on.

6. Start the game up and all should be fine."

My folders are "STARFOX64", "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA", SMASH BROTHERS", etc.

Texture packs in .dat form (glide64 plugin version) will NOT work, unfortunately. You have to use unpacked versions that just have the .png files, etc.

Here is a version of djipi's cell pack that is unpacked and compatible with n64oid. (not in .dat form.)
    http://ia600306.us.archive.org/19/items/Celda/TheLegendOfZelda.rar
    Game list !

Here are some fun games that should run well on the infinity.

Temple run - Classic temple run. jump, slide, turn, collect coins and score.
    Agent Dash - Almost like Temple run
    Impossible game - Jump over thing with a square ! Recommended !
    Minecraft PE - Well blocky minecraft.
    Trialx2 - 3d motorcycle game.
    Eternity warriors 2 - Diablo 3 stylelish. Great graphics.
    Marble Saga - Shoot colored balls to win.
    Real Fotball 2012 - Fotball game, Great graphics.
    Gears and Guts - Drive over zombies with a armored car. FUN !
    Glow Hockey 2 - Simple 1v1 "hand-hockey".
    Call of mini - zombies - Shoot zombies , ads :/
    Slice Ice - Simple game, Slice ice. RELAXING GAME!
    Flcommando - Fun fps shooting game 3d. Good Graphics.
    Punch hero - Nitendo wii looking boxing game.