[ROM] [08/2/12] CM9 Kangs (Beta) [4.0.4] [CDMA]

Search This thread

dmeadows013

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 27, 2010
Hoboken, NJ
epicandroidroms.blogspot.com
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 9.0 your device, or coming from another ROM?
  1. Root the device and install TWRP Recovery.
  2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
  4. Perform a factory reset.
  5. Flash CyanogenMod.
  6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9?
  1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info to our bug tracker:
  • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
  • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
  • Please use Pastebin when possible.
Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
Latest version: 7/30 Kang
Download: link
MD5sum: b8f6c1d179a07afa7c6a07d76df490c6​
Google Apps addon:
Version: gapps-ics-20120317
Mirror: link

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

dmeadows013

Sep 27, 2010
Hoboken, NJ
BUGS LIST: (Courtesy of Hanger84)

Just to save a headache for Meadows, here's a little list of what doesn't work and work arounds....so that the same question isn't asked over and over again, and so that the same bugs are reported over and over again...

1, SDcard does NOT work and likely will not work until kernel source is released
2, Camera does NOT work and likely will not work until kernel source is released
Both issues are kernel related and no switching of apps or libs will provide a reliable and viable fix for either

3, WiFi works for some and not for others. The best workaround to get it working is to turn WiFi on and reboot the phone. After the reboot, WiFi may work.

4, Roaming icon does NOT mean you are roaming, it's just a a bug. It does not mean you are roaming or that your not receiving a signal.

5, 4g DOES work, even though it may not be indicated. There are times where 4g may drop. A simple reboot should fix this.

6, GSM support is NOT 100%. This ROM is meant for CDMA/LTE. Reporting bugs while using it on a GSM network will not help fix bugs as the main priority is CDMA/LTE

If I forgot anything, I'm sure someone will mention it.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be a douche bag, but after 24 hours, I see the same things being asked and reported as bugs, so hopefully this will help.

Also, if you do not know how to flash the ROM and you are S-ON, or you don't know what TWRP recovery is, check the stickies. There are plenty of threads on how to flash a ROM, the various methods, and what recoveries are available.

destro158

Mar 20, 2012
Awesome, I will give it a try soon. Does Bluetooth work? Over in Chad's thread it seemed like BT is not working yet, so I assume it's no different. Also any particular reason you linked to that gapps version? I thought the latest for CM9 was 20120429.

dmeadows013

Sep 27, 2010
Hoboken, NJ
Awesome, I will give it a try soon. Does Bluetooth work? Over in Chad's thread it seemed like BT is not working yet, so I assume it's no different. Also any particular reason you linked to that gapps version? I thought the latest for CM9 was 20120429.

No reason. Just copied/pasted the OP from the CM9 RC1 for toro and haven't changed it yet :p

And bluetooth still broken

drt054

Jan 8, 2011
Cleveland, OH
WOOT WOOT!!!! CM!!!!

:victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory:

:highfive: :highfive: :highfive: :highfive: :highfive: :highfive: :highfive:

:fingers-crossed: :fingers-crossed: :fingers-crossed: :fingers-crossed: :fingers-crossed: :fingers-crossed: :fingers-crossed:

dmeadows013

Sep 27, 2010
Hoboken, NJ
WOOT WOOT!!!! CM!!!!

:victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory:

:highfive: :highfive: :highfive: :highfive: :highfive: :highfive: :highfive:

:fingers-crossed: :fingers-crossed: :fingers-crossed: :fingers-crossed: :fingers-crossed: :fingers-crossed: :fingers-crossed:

Lol I figured you'd be happy :p

Reactions: drt054

live2die

May 31, 2009
shenyang
i saw someone post in the aosp development thread saying that he has fixed the sd card issue,can that be of any help?

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

xdadevnube

Jun 28, 2011
I just want to say thank you. Obviously chad deserves lots of thanks, but seeing CM9 in the Dev section is amazing and really brightens the future for me because I am stuck on non-subsidy pricing to keep my unlimited data.
Also, envision me flipping the bird to Verizon's update schedule (fingers crossed OTA rolls out for kernel source).
Thanks again.

ufish2

Aug 25, 2010
Thanks for the cm9

Glad to see this thread,lots of ppl have helped out on CM7 and cm9/10 and might bring some ideals and workarounds to it...AOSP looking good for the Rezound...really not to much to fix..just needed this place to post and HTC to give us source..lol or Verzion,:p:cool::laugh: whoever is holding things up.

Insidious

Mar 12, 2011
Southern Maryland
Woooooo!!!!! CM9 AND aokp! I'm loving life!!! Thanks meadows!

Sent from my HTC Rezound whilst blazing on AOKP!

If I've helped please hit the thanks button!

chupajr

Jan 13, 2011
Maybe I'm just being dense, but why is this a kang? Because it's not "official" CM9?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 9.0 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Root the device and install TWRP Recovery.
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Perform a factory reset.
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9?
    1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
    Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info to our bug tracker:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.
    Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
    Latest version: 7/30 Kang
    Download: link
    MD5sum: b8f6c1d179a07afa7c6a07d76df490c6​
    Google Apps addon:
    Version: gapps-ics-20120317

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Building a new kang :)
    I can't provide files or logcat right now, but I will say every time I dock into a desktop dock, after a few moments the phone does a soft reboot.

Other than that and other known issues, this is rocking pretty awesome! Keep up the good work!

This is most likely a kernel thing, as I did not update the gadget drivers to AOSP or try to backport anything from HTC. With the ICS source being imminent (crosses fingers) I figured it would be a waste of time to do so. Same with doing all sorts of work to use the newer wifi drivers.
    Heh you guys with fast computers are gonna be stoked :D. Got a way for you guys to compile your own nightlies or kangs without merging **** by hand. Did all the work for you :)
    BUGS LIST: (Courtesy of Hanger84)

Just to save a headache for Meadows, here's a little list of what doesn't work and work arounds....so that the same question isn't asked over and over again, and so that the same bugs are reported over and over again...

1, SDcard does NOT work and likely will not work until kernel source is released
    2, Camera does NOT work and likely will not work until kernel source is released
    Both issues are kernel related and no switching of apps or libs will provide a reliable and viable fix for either

3, WiFi works for some and not for others. The best workaround to get it working is to turn WiFi on and reboot the phone. After the reboot, WiFi may work.

4, Roaming icon does NOT mean you are roaming, it's just a a bug. It does not mean you are roaming or that your not receiving a signal.

5, 4g DOES work, even though it may not be indicated. There are times where 4g may drop. A simple reboot should fix this.

6, GSM support is NOT 100%. This ROM is meant for CDMA/LTE. Reporting bugs while using it on a GSM network will not help fix bugs as the main priority is CDMA/LTE

If I forgot anything, I'm sure someone will mention it.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be a douche bag, but after 24 hours, I see the same things being asked and reported as bugs, so hopefully this will help.

Also, if you do not know how to flash the ROM and you are S-ON, or you don't know what TWRP recovery is, check the stickies. There are plenty of threads on how to flash a ROM, the various methods, and what recoveries are available.