Navipanel

Search This thread

jwillans

Nov 21, 2009
I have found the tip to access Navipanel without the dock. A couple of questions:

1. It seems that Navipanel can only be used in landscape mode - is this right because I tend to have my phone docked in portrait mode?
  2. How do I exit Navipanel once I have finished with it?

Thanks,

James

jwillans

Nov 21, 2009
By following the instructions in the hints and tips - see the sticky at the top of the forum.

ovidiaconescu

Apr 7, 2008
Bucharest
I just wanted to post that RescoExplorer doesn't show hidden files by default. I found it with total commander and then thought it might be an option like that in Resco.

Thanks guys.

Gustopher

1. Couldn't swear to it, but I think I remember seeing pictures or video of the panel in both landscape and portrait orientations

2. Press the Home key - the panel doesn't appear to stay resident in memory - haven't checked this with Memmaid or anything yet, but it certainly doesn't appear in Task Manager (Dutty's version)

A far bigger pain is that all of the links seem hard coded to a Co-Pilot install on the device, as opposed to one on the SD Card - iyt would be nice to be able to customise it!

jwillans

Nov 21, 2009
1. Couldn't swear to it, but I think I remember seeing pictures or video of the panel in both landscape and portrait orientations

2. Press the Home key - the panel doesn't appear to stay resident in memory - haven't checked this with Memmaid or anything yet, but it certainly doesn't appear in Task Manager (Dutty's version)

A far bigger pain is that all of the links seem hard coded to a Co-Pilot install on the device, as opposed to one on the SD Card - iyt would be nice to be able to customise it!

Hi Gustopher - Thanks. It seems Navipanel starts in landscape and then if it feels like it rotates to portrait. This only seems to happen occassionally which is very frustrating because the most common case it that it is stuck in landscape mode. Does anyone know of a way of starting Navipanel in portrait mode?

To be honest all I want to achieve is to switch the phone to a mode where when I answer calls they automatically go to speaker phone and ideally for screen lock to be switched off. This must be a common use case for people who have their phone docked in a car. Anyone know of how this can be achieved using something other than Navipanel?

Many thanks,

James

kenkiller

Nov 21, 2009
Well, the Navipanel is supposed to be used in landscape mode in conjunction with an official dock in the first place.

XaMaB

Jun 24, 2008
Sofia
Hi Gustopher - Thanks. It seems Navipanel starts in landscape and then if it feels like it rotates to portrait. This only seems to happen occassionally which is very frustrating because the most common case it that it is stuck in landscape mode.

On my phone navipanel is switching automatically when i rotate phone.
There is just a 6-7 sec. delay when switching landscape to portrait and 1-2 sec in oposite direction.

joropug

Apr 18, 2009
Just on another note - navipanel won't start on my HD2 no matter what i try - does anyone else have this problem? Also, what does it do!

it just loads up a half screen :(

polystirenman

Aug 20, 2007
London
hi

can we link Navipanels shortcuts to different navigation software?igo 8 maybe?and i would like to do the same with footprints.i don't like Copilot.
thx

gtm55

Aug 13, 2006

uccoffee

Account currently disabled
Dec 20, 2004
i ve got a hong kong hd2 and there is no navipanel.exe in windows folder. can any one extract the exe please?