[Q] Help Updating Unlocked AT&T HTC One x+ to Android 4.2.2

Search This thread

DgMdll

Feb 2, 2014
Hello guys, This is my first post on these forums so excuse me if I'm not posting on the right thread.

Recently I purchased an HTC One X+ from AT&T and unlocked it with an unlock code I got from them.
Since the 4.2.2 android update for my HOX+ is out I want to install it, but everytime I click "Check for Updates" nothing happens. It just looks for updates and that's it, it sends me back to the "Check for updates" screen and nothing pops up.
I was wondering if I could update my device manually through my PC or something because I really want the new android version.
I currently live at Mexico, which is why I unlocked it.

I'd really appreciate some help, thanks in advance.

P.S I'm kinda new to android devices but I WILL do everything I can to provide you guys with information about my device if necessary.

EDIT: I'm downloading Sync Manager, I just read somewhere that I can perform software updates to my phone with it... heh, I didn't know that, dumb me. I just hope it works.

EDIT2: aaaaaand apparently sync manager doesn't do ****. lmao, Help please?

Last edited:

Jheysus

Oct 30, 2013
I was in your position a few months ago, I'm not in the states so I wasnt able to get the 4.2 update, I had to unlock bootloader. root, flash a recovery, make a back up in recovery mode and flash a custom ROM..

This was very helpful:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2066390

I'm currently running MagioRom and I love it!

Ensure you make a back up in Recovery Mode before flashing.

MagioRom:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2570692&page=1

Hit the THANKS button if I helped you :)

Reactions: DgMdll
Hello guys, This is my first post on these forums so excuse me if I'm not posting on the right thread.

Recently I purchased an HTC One X+ from AT&T and unlocked it with an unlock code I got from them.
Since the 4.2.2 android update for my HOX+ is out I want to install it, but everytime I click "Check for Updates" nothing happens. It just looks for updates and that's it, it sends me back to the "Check for updates" screen and nothing pops up.
I was wondering if I could update my device manually through my PC or something because I really want the new android version.

P.S I'm kinda new to android devices but I WILL do everything I can to provide you guys with information about my device if necessary.

EDIT: I'm downloading Sync Manager, I just read somewhere that I can perform software updates to my phone with it... heh, I didn't know that, dumb me. I just hope it works.

Once the RUU is re-released by HTC you can use that to update to 4.2.2 and Sense 5. By unlocked do you mean sim unlocked or bootloader unlocked? If you are bootloader unlocked you will need to relock before you can run the RUU. Either way the RUU is the only way to update since you are not on AT&T's network and it will wipe your phone completly so back up everything you want to keep.

DgMdll

Feb 2, 2014
Thanks a lot for your answers! By unlocked I meant SIM unlocked, so, I WILL have to root and all that stuff to get 4.2.2? Hm, Oh well, if HTC re-releases the RUU I'll have to install it the same way?... Any good ways of backing up my stuff? Thanks in advance c:

Thanks a lot for your answers! By unlocked I meant SIM unlocked, so, I WILL have to root and all that stuff to get 4.2.2? Hm, Oh well, if HTC re-releases the RUU I'll have to install it the same way?... Any good ways of backing up my stuff? Thanks in advance c:
The new RUU should be released soon, they just need to fix a problem with the one they released and then took off the website.

If you root in the mean time you will need to relock your bootloader before you can run the RUU. I backed up my SD card(virtual SD card) simply by installing the HTC drivers then plugging in the USB cable then copy the folder to a location on your computer.

DgMdll

Feb 2, 2014
The new RUU should be released soon, they just need to fix a problem with the one they released and then took off the website.

If you root in the mean time you will need to relock your bootloader before you can run the RUU. I backed up my SD card(virtual SD card) simply by installing the HTC drivers then plugging in the USB cable then copy the folder to a location on your computer.

Ah, so, I DON'T have to root my phone to update it with the website's official RUU? How would i do so anyways?
I'm assuming all my stuff would be lost and I'd have to back it all up...

Ah, so, I DON'T have to root my phone to update it with the website's official RUU? How would i do so anyways?
If you are rooted you can't run the RUU you have to have a locked bootloader to run the RUU. Once it is available just download it and run it on your computer(windows computer) then follow the directions. You will need the HTC drivers installed and yes it will wipe everything.

DgMdll

Feb 2, 2014
If you are rooted you can't run the RUU you have to have a locked bootloader to run the RUU. Once it is available just download it and run it on your computer(windows computer) then follow the directions. You will need the HTC drivers installed and yes it will wipe everything.

Aaaaah, sweet! No need for root and whatnot, then... Whew! Okay then! I'll wait for them to re-release the RUU, thanks a lot for your help!

Yeah, I've been reading that one for some time now, downloading that RUU right now. Do you think It'll work? And thanks again, man! I really appreciate your help!
I don't think there should be a problem, Lloir is dev I trust not to steer us wrong. On the other hand there is always risk when doing these things so you have to decide.

DgMdll

Feb 2, 2014
I don't think there should be a problem, Lloir is dev I trust not to steer us wrong. On the other hand there is always risk when doing these things so you have to decide.

Whoo! It worked! It totally worked! Well, at the expense of my notes but I can see them on my laptop so it's okay!
Thanks a lot for your help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was in your position a few months ago, I'm not in the states so I wasnt able to get the 4.2 update, I had to unlock bootloader. root, flash a recovery, make a back up in recovery mode and flash a custom ROM..

This was very helpful:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2066390

I'm currently running MagioRom and I love it!

Ensure you make a back up in Recovery Mode before flashing.

MagioRom:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2570692&page=1

Hit the THANKS button if I helped you :)

Once the RUU is re-released by HTC you can use that to update to 4.2.2 and Sense 5. By unlocked do you mean sim unlocked or bootloader unlocked? If you are bootloader unlocked you will need to relock before you can run the RUU. Either way the RUU is the only way to update since you are not on AT&T's network and it will wipe your phone completly so back up everything you want to keep.

Aaaaah, sweet! No need for root and whatnot, then... Whew! Okay then! I'll wait for them to re-release the RUU, thanks a lot for your help!
    Just found this post that may help you update now instead of waiting for HTC to re-release the RUU.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50377241&postcount=388