[Q] AT&T Software Update OTA Timer

Search This thread

mrksbrd

Aug 31, 2010
New Jersey
Has anyone figured out how to manually install the KK OTA dlpkgfile without having the OTA timer block your request. Basically I pushed all 3 OTA files back into the FOTA folder and want to force install the OTA without having to go thru AT&T servers everytime. (No the advance time/date doesn't work)

cgardner2020

May 28, 2009
Has anyone figured out how to manually install the KK OTA dlpkgfile without having the OTA timer block your request. Basically I pushed all 3 OTA files back into the FOTA folder and want to force install the OTA without having to go thru AT&T servers everytime. (No the advance time/date doesn't work)

If you want to get the update again just pop another activated AT&T SIM card in your phone and then check for updates. It will only work with an AT&T SIM card, the update servers check the SIM card for a serial number and only allow the update one time for about 90 days, then it is a free for all.

mrksbrd

Aug 31, 2010
New Jersey
If you want to get the update again just pop another activated AT&T SIM card in your phone and then check for updates. It will only work with an AT&T SIM card, the update servers check the SIM card for a serial number and only allow the update one time for about 90 days, then it is a free for all.

I already have the OTA though. I pulled it from the phone when it was initially released. I don't know why if it's placed back in to the FOTA folder it still has to check the servers

cgardner2020

May 28, 2009
I already have the OTA though. I pulled it from the phone when it was initially released. I don't know why if it's placed back in to the FOTA folder it still has to check the servers

It probably won't work, they have ridiculous update procedures. If their update app doesn't handle the download then it doesn't update a Sqlite Database and the update is a no show. I spent a few days hacking through it all and couldn't find a good method for forcing the update. Your better off flashing back to 4.2.2 stock and rooting then checking for the update. DO NOT DELETE OR CHANGE ANYTHING STOCK if you want it to succeed.

mrksbrd

Aug 31, 2010
New Jersey
It probably won't work, they have ridiculous update procedures. If their update app doesn't handle the download then it doesn't update a Sqlite Database and the update is a no show. I spent a few days hacking through it all and couldn't find a good method for forcing the update. Your better off flashing back to 4.2.2 stock and rooting then checking for the update. DO NOT DELETE OR CHANGE ANYTHING STOCK if you want it to succeed.

yea, that's what I did to trip the damn timer...lol

hands0m3

Jun 1, 2008
I updated my att flex and i have a tmobile sim in it so you dont have to use a att sim

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

PhantomThiefX

Feb 8, 2014

Would you mind pm ing me ota i cant even get the phone to download the fota on my d950 and im getting pretty desperate. I even called at&t lol.

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Hey
What does the timer do ?
Say your on At&t, like me, it will allow you to check for the fota (firware over the air) once every 24 hours.

mrksbrd

Aug 31, 2010
New Jersey
Would you mind pm ing me ota i cant even get the phone to download the fota on my d950 and im getting pretty desperate. I even called at&t lol.

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Say your on At&t, like me, it will allow you to check for the fota (firware over the air) once every 24 hours.

Yea Same exact issue here, I can post the 3 OTA files, but unless you know what to do with dlpkgfile it will be useless

AT&T KitKat OTA

Theophilus97

May 22, 2014
Any Ideas?

Hi, I've been getting an error everytime I check for an update so can you please let me know when you find a method for updating it with those files.
Thanks

Last edited:

Theophilus97

May 22, 2014
OTA Files

The OTA files are on the first page, last post. It says AT&T KitKat OTA. I still don't know how to install them though.

gkazir

Oct 31, 2011
I have no idea. That's why I need the forum's help

gkazir

Oct 31, 2011
thanks, but no use for them as they I need only the d950 version from at t

Theophilus97

May 22, 2014
Same here, but i still have no idea how to install it. Anyways, if the broken link used to have the LG-D950 files then i can upload them and send you a link later. Just let me know because i don't know if they were for the LG-D950. If so let me know.

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app[/QUOTE]

fronz

Sep 10, 2006
Same here, but i still have no idea how to install it. Anyways, if the broken link used to have the LG-D950 files then i can upload them and send you a link later. Just let me know because i don't know if they were for the LG-D950. If so let me know.

[/QUOTE]
please upload the att files cant find any anywhere