[Q] Vertical lines appeared on my screen today...

Search This thread

F1fan07

Nov 12, 2008
STL
Had the phone for about 24 hours. Had no issues last night as I rooted though adb with ioroot and flashed recovery using AutoRec. I then did a full wipe and flashed xdabbeb's ROM, kernel, and alarm fix. I let it run all night and shut it off to install SIM. Installed SIM and when it booted back up the LG screen went white and now I have the the vertical lines in the image attached. The lines are now preset no matter what I do. Do I need to return to stock and return/replace or is this a problem with the methods I used?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! The phone itself seems stable enough...and I know LG has some quality issues, but damn..

UPDATE with further details:

ioroot v25 to root via adb
vs980 AutoRec to flash 2.7 TWRP
backed up EFS
nandroid backup
full wipe
flashed xdabbeb VS98024A v1.1.1
flashed xdabbeb alarm fix
flashed xdabbeb kernel 1.1.0
panel type is LGD

Let it run all night, took it off the charger this morning and powered it off to put SIM in. Phone rebooted instead and I thought, "that's weird".. Powered it off and it rebooted again, "oh sh!t", I thought.. Then the LG logo came up and sorta went inverse of the colors...white with a dark greenish logo.. Held down the power again and it rebooted again and the normal logo came up but with a parallel white line and the LG logo kinda off center.. Then when the ROM booted up all the way I noticed the horizontal dark lines staggered down then right side of the device. Stays that way in recovery and even after loading stock backup. Guess I gotta get it back to stock and swap it at BB. Pic attached!

Hope this helps people figure out the issue.. Makes me wary of LG phones for sure. Say what you will but my M7 didn't do this sh@t!

Attachments

• IMAG0020.jpg
    IMAG0020.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 1,108
Last edited:

F1fan07

Nov 12, 2008
STL
Return it to stock using the guide in the general section, take it back to Verizon and get it replaced under warranty. There's been a rash of issues lately with certain roms/kernels/or other causing damage to the screen.

More about it here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2769770

I reported in that post as well with a bit more detail. If I bought this thing at BB I should just be able to take it in and swap it right? I'll return it stock for sure.

F1fan07

Nov 12, 2008
STL
swapped for a new one at bb today with no issues

going to try Mahdi as I'm not a fan of the modded stock ROMs

also got the other type panel, jdi?

S

simple_fear85

I am curious about something with the whole black line issue. I think I may have another idea. Please input for this will help confirm. What if it has something to do with downgrading the bootloader with autorec? Can anyone confirm keeping JB and installing xdabbebs 24a bootstack did this also?

Could it possible have something to do with autorec? Like I state before I am not pointing blame, but I read alot of post where people stated this has happened to them where they used autorec for kitkat and then installed? Maybe there is something where kitkat isnt working well with autorec downgrading the bootloader. If you downgrade any software with a newer upgrade wouldnt that cause instability within the kitkat itself?

What I am thinking is maybe the downgrade of the bootloader is causing over heating since it wasnt made for kitkat? Maybe it sounds stupid but what if? I remember having the black lines happen once before on a gnex I had and if i recall at one time you had to downgrade part of the software to gain custom recovery. My phone in fact got the black lines. What if we find a way to reupgrade the back to kitkats original bootloader and see if that fixes the black lines.

I know there was one case where someone claimed they got it after the OTA for kitkat, but could there be a possiblity that autorec was used in this case also?

Last edited:

mjones73

Apr 5, 2010
North East, MD
I am curious about something with the whole black line issue. I think I may have another idea. Please input for this will help confirm. What if it has something to do with downgrading the bootloader with autorec? Can anyone confirm keeping JB and installing xdabbebs 24a bootstack did this also?

Could it possible have something to do with autorec? Like I state before I am not pointing blame, but I read alot of post where people stated this has happened to them where they used autorec for kitkat and then installed? Maybe there is something where kitkat isnt working well with autorec downgrading the bootloader. If you downgrade any software with a newer upgrade wouldnt that cause instability within the kitkat itself?

What I am thinking is maybe the downgrade of the bootloader is causing over heating since it wasnt made for kitkat? Maybe it sounds stupid but what if? I remember having the black lines happen once before on a gnex I had and if i recall at one time you had to downgrade part of the software to gain custom recovery. My phone in fact got the black lines. What if we find a way to reupgrade the back to kitkats original bootloader and see if that fixes the black lines.

I know there was one case where someone claimed they got it after the OTA for kitkat, but could there be a possiblity that autorec was used in this case also?

I think it's safe to say most people flashing roms that had this happen had already been running a downgraded aboot so they could flash TWRP way before it happen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Return it to stock using the guide in the general section, take it back to Verizon and get it replaced under warranty. There's been a rash of issues lately with certain roms/kernels/or other causing damage to the screen.

More about it here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2769770