[RECOVERY][TWRP]Samsung Tab E - sm-t560/sm-t561/sm-t560nu/sm-t377p - Update 13/4/2016

Search This thread

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Unofficial release -TWRP recovery for the TAB E, both Qualcom and Spreadtrum models

Update: TWRP now version 3.0.2-1

https://twrp.me/site/update/2016/02/05/twrp-3.0.0-0-released.html
https://twrp.me/site/update/2016/04/05/twrp-3.0.2-0-released.html

You flash this at your own risk. Please ensure you have the stock ROM to hand downloaded from SAMMOBILE in case of problems. This will trip the knox counter.

Instructions:

Put your device in DOWNLOAD mode.
Flash with ODIN 3.10.7 in the AP slot.
Uncheck Auto reboot.
Load the respective file below into the AP slot and hit start.
After flashing immediately reboot to recovery by holding POWER + HOME + VOL DOWN.
As soon as the screen goes blank change to VOL UP whilst still holding the other buttons.

You should now see TWRP recovery.

Qualcomm models SM-T377P/SM-T377R4 / SM-T560NU:
twrp_2.8.7.0_sm-t377p/sm-377r4
twrp_2.8.7.0_sm-t560nu
twrp_3.0.2-1_sm-t560nu

Spreadtrum models SM-T560 / SM-T561(Y/M):
twrp_2.8.7.0_sm-t560
twrp_2.8.7.0_sm-t561
twrp_3.0.2-1_sm-t560

To Root:
Flash the latest Supersu version below with TWRP:
DO NOT LET TWRP ROOT YOUR DEVICE IF IT ASKS. USE ONLY THE FILE BELOW:

https://xdaforums.com/apps/supersu/2014-09-02-supersu-v2-05-t2868133

NOTE: ON SOME ANDROID 5.1.1 DEVICES IT IS NECESSARY TO GO TO:
Settings -> Developer Options -> OEM unlocking
AND ENABLE OEM UNLOCK FIRST OR YOU MAY ENCOUNTER 'BLOCKED BY FRP LOCK' WHEN FLASHING.

STOCK TWRP IMAGE FOR SM-T377P
This is a link to the stock system, boot, modem image for the T377P in case anyone needs it. Needs to be restored with twrp.
Thanks to @shawn1976 for providing this.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/skuwsbzm2zigd83/sm-T377PVPU1AOJ5-boot-system-modem-only.zip?dl=0

Credits: Teamwin and my testers - Phrozen99 and nates730 wizzhard and Siarl
Please note I don't own this device and spend a lot of my free time bringing these builds for you to use and benefit from.

FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED.
THANKS.

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

Last edited:

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
NOTE ON ROOTING WITH TWRP:

If you have kingroot installed remove this before rooting with SuperSU above or you will have issues.
Kingroot attempts to block Supersu so must be removed first by using the uninstaller in the Kingroot superuser app.

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
Absolutely NO feedback

Out of literally hundreds of people that have downloaded and benefitted from the files I've posted NOT ONE person has left ANY feedback whatsoever and only 5 have hit the thanks button and 2 very generous people have offered donations to whom I am very thankful.
As developers we need encouragement and ALL we ask is a quick click on the thanks button and a little feedback.
It's not too much to ask is it for hours of work on a device we don't even own?

XDA is a 2 way community, it's GIVE and TAKE not just TAKE.

Due to this I have decided I am not going to update the builds to the new TWRP v3.0.0-0.

Thank you. :)

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

Last edited:

bigtom624

Jun 23, 2010
Philadelphia Pa.
Out of literally hundreds of people that have downloaded and benefitted from the files I've posted NOT ONE person has left ANY feedback whatsoever and only 5 have hit the thanks button and 2 very generous people have offered donations to whom I am very thankful.
As developers we need encouragement and ALL we ask is a quick click on the thanks button and a little feedback.
It's not too much to ask is it for hours of work on a device we don't even own?

XDA is a 2 way community, it's GIVE and TAKE not just TAKE.

Due to this I have decided I am not going to update the builds to the new TWRP v3.0.0-0.

Thank you. :)

Come on people. It is not asking to much to thank someone for giving us what we need to make our tablets much better. Over in the T-Mobile S6 thread we have the same issues. These devs do this for us in their spare time for free, so showing a little appreciation is not asking a lot.

ROO3VER

Feb 12, 2015
Antwerp
Hi, sorry for the late reaction. I succesfully installed your custom recovery but than i had trouble with SD card, it wouldn't get locked in the slot so i couldn't try the backup and restore funtions.
Now SD problem is fixed but when i boot into recovery i get stock, TWRP is gone so first chance i get i'll try to flash it again (don't have a PC available right now).
It would be a shame if you would stop working on our device, you gave us a very important tool for witch i would like to thank you.

bigtom624

Jun 23, 2010
Philadelphia Pa.
I want to thank @ashyx for getting Root &TWRP for the Tab E. I bought my SM-T560NU one week ago today. The first thing I did when I got home was to search for Root & Recovery and I found this thread. Everything flashed fine for me. Without devs like @ashyx on XDA we would be stuck with ordinary Tablets & Phones. So make sure to hit the thanks button and post feedback to let them know if things are working or not. It's not that hard to do.

Botsok

Mar 3, 2013
I want to thank @ashyx for getting Root &TWRP for the Tab E. I bought my SM-T560NU one week ago today. The first thing I did when I got home was to search for Root & Recovery and I found this thread. Everything flashed fine for me. Without devs like @ashyx on XDA we would be stuck with ordinary Tablets & Phones. So make sure to hit the thanks button and post feedback to let them know if things are working or not. It's not that hard to do.
+1, I haven't tried it yet on my wife's SM-T560NU 'coz my wife always have the tablet with her. She wouldn't even let me get close to it since I screwed up her phone. I will report ASAP when I get a chance to steal the tablet and root it (hopefully successful).
Thanks to @ashyx in advance and to guys reporting back on their experience. Please keep the thread alive.

bigtom624

Jun 23, 2010
Philadelphia Pa.
+1, I haven't tried it yet on my wife's SM-T560NU 'coz my wife always have the tablet with her. She wouldn't even let me get close to it since I screwed up her phone. I will report ASAP when I get a chance to steal the tablet and root it (hopefully successful).
Thanks to @ashyx in advance and to guys reporting back on their experience. Please keep the thread alive.
If you follow the steps in the OP you should not have any problems. Good luck.

Reactions: Botsok

bejinaru

Feb 13, 2016
It s work! Thanks man !
Screenshot_2016-02-14-22-12-35.png

Reactions: ashyx and bigtom624

dudeytsang

Feb 15, 2016
Smt560nu rom

Was anyone able to find the stock ROM for SM-T560NU on SAMMOBILE?

** EDIT ** I've tried two different computers, reinstalling samsung drivers and different ports. Can't seem to get past the setup connection step in ODIN. Does anyone have any suggestions?

** EDIT 2** Got it working! Thanks ashyx!

Last edited:

ROM-mer

May 15, 2015
Rotterdam
Mount Problem

When i tried to install a rom, it says 'Could not mount...blabla'. So I did go to the mount-tab and checked it for the second time and it still fails. Help me please:eek:

blaineg85

Jan 13, 2010
Hello! I have just finished reading through this thread and wanted to say thank you for all your hard work and dedication ashyx and the testers! I am about to purchase this tablet and wanted to know if model number SM-T560NZKUXAR is compatible with the files you created?

**edit** I just purchased the tablet and it is a SM-T560NU :) when I get home from work I will test this out and leave feed back :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Aacnod and ashyx

blaineg85

Jan 13, 2010
I apologize for the stupid question here, but if I am just wanting to do root do i have to flash twrp_2.8.7.0_sm-t560nu.tar first? Or can I just flash the root file

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
Reactions: zfk110 and ROO3VER

bigtom624

Jun 23, 2010
Philadelphia Pa.
I apologize for the stupid question here, but if I am just wanting to do root do i have to flash twrp_2.8.7.0_sm-t560nu.tar first? Or can I just flash the root file
When I got my Sm-t560nu last week the first thing I did was flash the TWRP 2.8.7.0 tar in ODIN, then I flashed the chainfire su file in ODIN to root it and everything went fine for me. After that I made a backup just like @ashyx suggested.

blaineg85

Jan 13, 2010
Ok thank you so much for all your help!! I did the root part successfully which is what I wanted. I don't understand the purpose of doing the twrp

Top Liked Posts