DOOGEE Shoot 1 - Information & Reviews - 5.5" FHD | MT6737T | 2GB | 16GB | Dual Cam

Search This thread

jmam

Nov 16, 2006
Seems you were right!

I did reset to factory and by now no virus appeared nor found by BitDefender. I'm not sure yet because when I updated it took one day for the annoying adwares to appear, but it looks ok! I'll continue cheking and come back with any news.

If the OTA actually fixed it and only the factory reset was left to solve the problem ... why Doogee don't explain this in the OTA description? This factory reset is uncomfortable enough for not to do it for yourself without any advice....

jmam

Nov 16, 2006
So far so good.. I No traces of the virus yet, not adware nor in Bitdefender scan.. So thank you very much , and chapeau to Doogee. They could be more communicative

BTW. I have noticed a big improvement in the rear camera. Now far focus works ok, like the photos you posted . Dual camera-bokeh effect is rubish, but at least the camera works OK.

Reactions: SkarmoutsosV

jmam

Nov 16, 2006
I was too optimistic., i'm afraid! Virus is still there! Same symptms after 48 hours. Same apk's installed... So they did'nt solved it, i'm afraid.. Could you confirm, Alberto?

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Samsung Galaxy S4
LeEco Le 2
Not here, I'm sorry.

P.S.: i have disabled DG Xender, Parallel Space and WPS Office, something that i think no one would like to have on his smartphone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170305-120928.png
    Screenshot_20170305-120928.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:

jmam

Nov 16, 2006
Using a firewall, and based on other users experience , i found that seems that the virus is on com.tihomobi.lockframe.syslocker , Screen locker application, a system app which uses an icon with a lockin a colored background. From time to time it tries to connect with 110.79.20.16 (a chinese web services provider) . I have blocked it with the firewall and the whole day no trojan-infected app has been installed nor tried to be installed. Now i have deactivates this app (is a system one, unable to remove without root) and switched off the firewall to see if malware comes back. I will tell if new viruses arise.

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Samsung Galaxy S4
LeEco Le 2
Using a firewall, and based on other users experience , i found that seems that the virus is on com.tihomobi.lockframe.syslocker , Screen locker application, a system app which uses an icon with a lockin a colored background. From time to time it tries to connect with 110.79.20.16 (a chinese web services provider) . I have blocked it with the firewall and the whole day no trojan-infected app has been installed nor tried to be installed. Now i have deactivates this app (is a system one, unable to remove without root) and switched off the firewall to see if malware comes back. I will tell if new viruses arise.

I have disabled it too, that's called Characteristic Lockscreen in Display Settings.

This explains everything I think.

jmam

Nov 16, 2006
The black versions looks so nice, does anybody own one? Just saw it at geekbuying for $109.

I own a black one. Hmmm... the phone relly looks nice . But maybe now i would choose the silver one, not sure. At the end is plastic, and usually the silver fits better to this material, in my opinion.

If you get rid of the virus (with the "screen lock" app disabled, that trick seems to do it) it's quite a good value for the price. Nice screen, 5.5" , one day battery...
My only serious problem now is the unaccuracy of the GPS, which even in the open air changes position randomly in a few tenths of meters even with a good 3d fix, making Google maps and Here near to useless , but this probably is a failure of my unit.

Ah, and forget about the second camera; it does nothing useful, the bokeh effect (field depth) is a radial blur filter, not a real one. But both frontal and rear main cameras are quite decent.

Anyway, to be completely honest, I would probably look for other models-brands , assuming the double camera is a waste of resources.. But at the moment this one was also one of the cheapest 5'5"

dorijan79

Nov 29, 2014
Hi to all,
I also have problem with malware on this phone, I did a firmware update 20170222 and fresh factory reset 2 days ago and today I did get viruses again.
Characteristic Lockscreen in Display has been disabled, so it is somewhere else.
Also, I found that it is contacting 110.79.20.208 and 110.79.20.16.

About GPS reception, I have also found some errors while driving, but I think it is less now in new firmware, so maybe it is fixed.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Did a further analysis and found 2 processes that tried to connect to malicius sites:
com.android.snap
and SystemLocker

Last edited:
Reactions: Alberto96

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Samsung Galaxy S4
LeEco Le 2
Hi to all,
I also have problem with malware on this phone, I did a firmware update 20170222 and fresh factory reset 2 days ago and today I did get viruses again.
Characteristic Lockscreen in Display has been disabled, so it is somewhere else.
Also, I found that it is contacting 110.79.20.208 and 110.79.20.16.

About GPS reception, I have also found some errors while driving, but I think it is less now in new firmware, so maybe it is fixed.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Did a further analysis and found 2 processes that tried to connect to malicius sites:
com.android.snap
and SystemLocker

Thanks a lot, your message has been forwarded to Doogee.

Please wait for the next OTA :)

Iliyena

Apr 30, 2016
Kallinge

szilagyi@kispest.hu

Mar 10, 2017
Doogee Shoot 1

I bought 2 mounts ago. Not update !, My phone clean.

We wrote malwarte problem on Doogee forum .
The Doogee delete all topic and all user !!! Is it corect ?

ps3cfw

Feb 29, 2012
I bought the phone, and while I don't have enough time to work on it, I managed to recover the full system using another phone's scatter file (modified for our phone).

This way I managed to get a working kernel and recovery image, and I'm releasing them here right now hoping someone finds a way to TWRP / ROOT the phone. I can't and I don't have time to find a way.

The kernel has been slightly modified to allow ADB from boot.

Download

Reactions: Iliyena

Tony32

Oct 23, 2014
Well damnit. I have this phone heading my way and I do not want malware on it.. Haven't found any roms yet or fixes other than disabling certain apps. Doesn't seem to be a popular phone either so I doubt it will get any custom roms?
Do anyone of you know by the way, if the DOOGEE Shoot 2 rom will work on the Shoot 1? I saw it was released.

I still have to create a Development & Support thread, please wait.

Also, if there is no Stock ROM available, it isn't possible to root it safely yet.
Can't wait. Really hope at least one rom comes by one day, free of malware.

Last edited:

ps3cfw

Feb 29, 2012
I could release a rom with scatter included. However, it is the 22/02 version with the malware. I can't do much more sadly.

Tony32

Oct 23, 2014
I could release a rom with scatter included. However, it is the 22/02 version with the malware. I can't do much more sadly.

If you release it, wouldnt it be possible to remove the malware? To make a clean rom? :)

I found TWRP for the shoot 1 on a russian site, not sure if I am allowed to post or not, but its on 4pda.ru.
Haven't tested it yet doe as I havent recieved my phone yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: MO5.COM

ps3cfw

Feb 29, 2012
If you release it, wouldnt it be possible to remove the malware? To make a clean rom? :)

I found TWRP for the shoot 1 on a russian site, not sure if I am allowed to post or not, but its on 4pda.ru.
Haven't tested it yet doe as I havent recieved my phone yet.

pm me the recovery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Doogee Shoot 1 first OTA update came with a trojan in the system. Detected as Rootkin.DB by Bitdefender, it installs continuously a com.android.horizons.syne_1008.apk , which is removed , but comes back after several hours.
    Hope Doogee sends a clean stock rom . Could it be done via OTA?
    DOOGEE Shoot 1 - Information & Reviews - 5.5" FHD | MT6737T | 2GB | 16GB | Dual Cam

DOOGEE Shoot 1

1.jpg

Specs:

Dimensions: 156.6 * 77.0 * 8.7 mm
    Weight:
    Chassis: Metal
    SoC: MediaTek MT6737T
    CPU: ARM Cortex-A53, 4x1453 MHz + 4x1000 Mhz, Cores: 4 + 4
    GPU: ARM Mali-T860 MP2 650MHz, Cores: 2
    Network: 4G Cat.6 (300MBps) with VoLTE Support
    RAM: 2 GB
    Storage: 16 GB
    Memory cards: microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC
    Display: 5.5 in, Sharp IPS, 1080 x 1920 pixels, 24 bit
    Protection:
    Battery: 3300mAh, Li-Polymer
    Main Back Camera: 4160 x 3120 pixels (13MP), Samsung Sensor, Dual-LED Flash, PDAF
    Secondary Back Camera: 3264 x 2448 pixels (8MP)
    Front Camera: 3264 x 2448 pixels (8MP)
    SIM card: Dual SIM, Dual-Standby
    Wi-Fi:
    USB: 2.0, Micro-USB
    Bluetooth: 4.0
    Positioning: GPS
    Other Features: Fingerprint Scanner, Compass/Magnetometer, 5V/2A Fast Charge
    Colors: Galaxy Gray, Mocha Gold, Obsidian Black

spc_01.jpg

spc_02.jpg

spc_03.jpg

spc_04.jpg

spc_05.jpg

spc_06.jpg

spc_07.jpg

Leaked News:

DOOGEE Shoot 1 first unboxing and review

DOOGEE is on a roll with their mid-range phones, which includes a slew of high-quality yet affordable smartphones. Recently there comes a brand new series named Shoot series.

Unboxing Video

The Shoot 1 is one of the cheapest Dual Camera smartphone available on the market, and with latest discounts (available on many e-shops) it may be the cheapest.

BsxyBrkl.jpg

znEYImfl.jpg

D6GTzsml.jpg

Dual Camera, Dual-LED Flash

The most interesting aspect of this device is its rear-facing dual camera setup. The Shoot 1 comes with a 13MP primary shooter and 8MP secondary unit, with the latter being used purely to capture depth information that can be taken advantage of when using the camera’s wide aperture mode.

HCT9CCp.gif

The wide aperture mode lets you dial in the aperture, which allows for a very large bokeh (or SLR) effect. The bokeh effect does work quite well and looks very convincing. If you cover the lense before you start shooting, there will be an alert. It’s also a symbol of real dual camera.

r8r1WVOl.jpg

VHKjIxGl.jpg

Front Camera, 8MP with 88' wide-angle lens and beautify mode

With an 8MP front camera, it allows to achieve superior selfies even in low light. Set the camera to take a photo when you smile, or fingerprint shutter. Detects your face and applies custom beauty settings.

The beautify feature is something pretty common nowadays, and here it works even better thanks to the high-quality camera.

Advantages

+ Solid build quality
    + Dual-SIM support
    + MicroSD support
    + Dual cameras
    + Front facing fingerprint reader
    + Good price to performance ratio

Disadvantages

- No USB Type-C
    - Weak speaker

Disclaimer: this review hasn't been written by me personally. (coming soon)

Product Webpage: http://www.doogee.cc/detail/Shoot-series/73

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/doogee.cc
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/DOOGEE_official
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/doogee_official
    How can I root doogee shoot 1

I still have to create a Development & Support thread, please wait.

Also, if there is no Stock ROM available, it isn't possible to root it safely yet.
    Doogee Shoot 1 first OTA update came with a trojan in the system. Detected as Rootkin.DB by Bitdefender, it installs continuously a com.android.horizons.syne_1008.apk , which is removed , but comes back after several hours.
    Hope Doogee sends a clean stock rom . Could it be done via OTA?

Yes, i will alert Doogee about this.
    After ota ubdate finger id doesn't work good as before. And the camera Whether front and back is soo bad in video call about any social app.

My fingerprint scanner is working just fine, but I agree with you about the camera.