[Q] Can't Establish A Connection SOLVED !!

Search This thread

2easy4you

Aug 4, 2012
Goodevening . I factory reset the phone (HTC Desire S ) It is runnin g 4.0.4 and sense 3.6 and it is rooted HTC DEV unlocked . After that i can't log in my google account . it always say " couldn't establish a reliable connection to the server this could be a temporary problem or your android device may not be provisioned for data services "can someone know how to fix this error ? I upgrade my phone via RUU from 2.3.5 GB sense 3.0 . Everything works fine . I can browse via web use my facebook .

i have tried factory reset, hard reset, restarted my htc desire many times .. i have tried even the youtube app method. nothing seems to work google app in the apps doesnt work too.. what should i do?? i cant use apps market.. i have tried everything.. please come up with a proper solution.. there're alot of people i know facing this mind sucking issue

Thanks ! Sorry for my bad english .

Last edited:
Reactions: Rototeror

jugg1es

May 29, 2012
sir i already do this step . not working .. but thanks for the help ..

Try clearing cache and data for Google framework services, playstore and play services

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but seeing with new eyes.
—Marcel Proust

2easy4you

Aug 4, 2012
ok. go into your recovery, clear cache and dalvik cache then reboot see if helps
never had this problem myself this is all i could think of, sorry dude

i already do this dude . i already factory reset my phone 10x . and wipe cache wipe dalvik wipe and format . but still i experience the problem . hmm . this problem appears when i facatory reset my phone . after that i cant log in anymore on google . i try making new account . i try this dgfdgdfgsdfgsdgdf@gmail but it says that is unavailable username ..

VivekNayyar

May 24, 2013
I solved this issue :)

Goodevening . I factory reset the phone (HTC Desire S ) It is runnin g 4.0.4 and sense 3.6 and it is rooted HTC DEV unlocked . After that i can't log in my google account . it always say " couldn't establish a reliable connection to the server this could be a temporary problem or your android device may not be provisioned for data services "can someone know how to fix this error ? I upgrade my phone via RUU from 2.3.5 GB sense 3.0 . Everything works fine . I can browse via web use my facebook .

i have tried factory reset, hard reset, restarted my htc desire many times .. i have tried even the youtube app method. nothing seems to work google app in the apps doesnt work too.. what should i do?? i cant use apps market.. i have tried everything.. please come up with a proper solution.. there're alot of people i know facing this mind sucking issue

Here's what you need to do.

Assuming that you have already rooted your device, use any file explorer app and go to 'etc' folder of your device. (I used Root Explorer and did this on my Samsung Galaxy Tab N8000).

In 'etc' folder, locate the file called hosts.

Touch/press and hold the icon of the file to get its context menu and open the file in text editor.

In the file, there will be one IP address to the localhost, i.e. 127.0.0.1. Leave this as it is.

There will be a second IP address which may vary depending upon your region or country. Put a # in front of it. (eg. #245.45.14.14). This will mark this entry as a comment and the device won't read it.

(I would suggest that you backup 'hosts' file before making any changes. In my case, a 'hosts.bak' file was automatically created when I saved the file after editing.)

Save the file and reboot your device.

This should resolve the issue. :)

Last edited:

GT-N7000

Feb 8, 2013

Assuming that you have already rooted your device, use any file explorer app and go to 'etc' folder of your device. (I used Root Explorer and did this on my Samsung Galaxy Tab N8000).

Touch/press and hold the icon of the file to get its context menu and open the file in text editor.

In the file, there will be one IP address to the localhost, i.e. 127.0.0.1. Leave this as it is.

There will be a second IP address which may vary depending upon your region or country. Put a # in front of it. (eg. #245.45.14.14). This will mark this entry as a comment and the device won't read it.

(I would suggest that you backup 'hosts' file before making any changes. In my case, a 'hosts.bak' file was automatically created when I saved the file after editing.)

Thanks alot my friend, You save my life :)

CptCrotchKiller

Nov 28, 2013
Can't edit file

I tried everything you did but I cannot edit the hosts file,I have rooted my phone (Samsung Galaxy S3), I am using supersu.

VivekNayyar

May 24, 2013
Try This

I tried everything you did but I cannot edit the hosts file,I have rooted my phone (Samsung Galaxy S3), I am using supersu.

That's really strange. You should be able to edit the file as rooting process needs a reboot too. Well you can still try a workaround.

* Copy all the contents from the existing host file.

* Create a new file either on your smartphone or use a computer to do so. Make sure the name of the file is 'host' (without quotes) and file does not have any extension like .txt or .doc. If the file has any extension, remove it while rename the file.

* Now paste all the copied contents from the existing file to the new one and then make the changes as I mentioned in my answer.

* Save the file and replace it with the existing one.

Let me know if this helps. :)

Ghaiooth

May 3, 2013
Thank You

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH:good:

You are just awesome:good:

Thank you again.:good:

:good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good:

Haydz192

Dec 25, 2013
Cheers mate, you are a true legend. :D My phone locked up on me, and this solved the problem, cheers mate.

corkie65

Apr 22, 2014
Ok, I am having this issue as well. I have tried all of the above but just noticed that this file only has one IP address not two?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

witsugar

Oct 21, 2013
Sir what if there is no second ip adress? :( only the '127.0.0.1. Localhost' and no second line.....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I solved this issue :)

search first the key

it post here.http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2110225

sir i already do this step . not working .. but thanks for the help ..
    ok. go into your recovery, clear cache and dalvik cache then reboot see if helps
    never had this problem myself this is all i could think of, sorry dude