Game streaming to other Android devices or PCs with Moonlight and GeForce Experience

Search This thread

cgutman

Aug 14, 2010
funny how my Sony Xperia Z Ultra runs this app like crap!

i don't understand why i am getting such poor peroformance :(

my Nvidia Shield works flawlessly so i am confused to why my Ultra performs poorly when using limelight :(

My guess would be that it's related to WiFi performance. The Snapdragon 800 has plenty of power to decode in real-time. The Shield has a better wireless implementation than most Android devices. Could you try Limelight on your Shield and see how it goes? What wireless router are you using?

encryptioncsta

Mar 7, 2012
Here's a list of My Specifications

Gaming Rig Setup

Alienware X51
Windows 8.1 Professional 64-bit
Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz Overclock 3.9GHz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 TI 2GB
16GB DDR3 RAM
2TB Barracuda HDD
Slot-Loading Dual Layer Blu-ray Reader

Alienware OptX AW2310 23" 1080p 3D Monitor
Alienware TactX Gaming Mouse
Alienware TactX Gaming Keyboard
Logitech G930 Wireless Gaming Headset

Virgin Media 120Mb fibre optic Broadband Superhub 2

I also have the following Android devices

Sony Xperia Z Ultra
Google Nexus 4
Google Nexus 7
Nvidia Shield

Streaming my Gaming PC to my Nvidia Shield works flawlessly, I even tend to hook it up via mini hdmi - hdmi cable and can play countless hours playing in console mode 1080p 60FPS, i spent around 4 hours tonight playing DMC and even after around 4 hours i ended up forgetting the game was actually being Streamed lol i would like to get this Limelight app working as i laugh how well it works in that video on YouTube yet even on my own nexus 7 and even Z Ultra i get nothing near the same performance :(

Also i have a bunch of controllers i tend to use

PS3 controller
360 controller
OnLive Controller
OnLive Universal controller
Nyko Playpad Pro controller
Logitech controller

out of all of them the OnLive Universal Controller works the best i am ashamed of how poor the Nyko works after only having the Nyko for a few days i had to just throw it in a drawer as i will most likley never use it again.....:(

I was getting terible lag and poor performance not to mention the weird 180 to 360 spines the controller would do as if there was something causing it to be glitching or become ultra sensitive but i ended up giving up after hearing the Nyko apps couldnt upgrade the controllers unless the devices were 4.1 or below lmfao!

Nvidia are crazy to have partnered with Nyko! They should of considered partnering with OnLive and them both working on a Controller together, So far though i highly recommend the OnLive Universal Controller.

I will continue to use the Limelight app and hopefully soon it will become as stable of the Nvidia Shield Game Streaming app.

nielo360

Mar 5, 2011
works amazing on my z ultra faster than the garbage artifact filled shield streaming, Your router MUST be a 5ghz dual band router, im not sure if you have that. Thats the most important thing for streaming.

Also 60fps only works in unreal engine games on the shield so DMC does run at 60fps. NOT AT 1080p its just an upscaled from 720p, No mainstream consumer device has the ability to stream games at 60fps @ 1080p on a WIFI connection.

Last edited:

Shelly-Mars

Nov 30, 2013
Connection Error. Starting App Failed

Hi I just heard about this on Linus Tech Tips WAN show, congrats on getting on there. I install this on my Nexus 7 (2013) Running KitKat 4.4. Paring worked fine, but on tapping "Start Streaming Steam!" I get establishing connection for a few seconds and then displays "Connection Error. Starting App Failed". I have made sure the Nvidia Streaming Service has full firewall access on my pc.

Please help would be great to see this working for myself!

cgutman

Aug 14, 2010
Hi I just heard about this on Linus Tech Tips WAN show, congrats on getting on there. I install this on my Nexus 7 (2013) Running KitKat 4.4. Paring worked fine, but on tapping "Start Streaming Steam!" I get establishing connection for a few seconds and then displays "Connection Error. Starting App Failed". I have made sure the Nvidia Streaming Service has full firewall access on my pc.

Please help would be great to see this working for myself!

Make sure that you have Steam installed and enrolled in beta updates. Also you might need to run GeForce Experience and scan for games before it will pick up Steam to allow you to stream. If none of that works, you could try rebooting your PC or reinstalling GeForce Experience.

jp7152

Feb 22, 2007
Sounds like a great program. I have paired up with my Tegra Note and can connect however I then get a black screen. I can control the mouse and get sound but no image.

Any ideas? Thank you

Attreyu

Jun 9, 2013
So is this faster than Gamepad THD ? I have about 40ms with Splashtop. With the "normal" shield, the latency is about 10-20 ms. What about limelight ?

cgutman

Aug 14, 2010
Sounds like a great program. I have paired up with my Tegra Note and can connect however I then get a black screen. I can control the mouse and get sound but no image.

Any ideas? Thank you

Might be a firewall issue? Try disabling the firewall on your PC and see if that makes any difference. I've added some troubleshooting steps to the original post that may also help.

So is this faster than Gamepad THD ? I have about 40ms with Splashtop. With the "normal" shield, the latency is about 10-20 ms. What about limelight ?

Latency should be similar to Shield streaming (especially on a Snapdragon, Exynos, or Tegra 4 device). It is important that the device you're using have a good WiFi connection.

Last edited:

encryptioncsta

Mar 7, 2012
my router has both 2.4GHz and 5GHz, also didnt you read it works flawless on my shield and even works in 1080p 60FPS on alot of games, example DMC, Bioshock, Unreal Tounament 3 etc, the limelight app sucks, it doesn't work anywhere near the same quality as the shields built-in game streaming app sadly!

if so show me a youtube video of any other device using limelight and this so called better quality

jarjarfinks

Feb 12, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
www.readyreload.org
Feature Request

So, I tested this application, and I have used many of these types of remote gaming applications. I have used Single-Player Game Transmitter, Splashtop, Kainy, GeForce Experience, and a few others. I had signed up for the Kainy.net forums for the purpose of request a feature I feel is missing in every single one of these applications: custom H.264 encoding configuration. I understand for most users, preset H.264 encoding is unnecessary and overkill, but encoding options (if customized per setup) can offer much better results and frame-rates than a generic template config. Now, again, I asked at the Kainy.net forum, and his forum requires moderation, and it never even got looked at. I have come here for the same request. I know, after using many different of the H.264 encoders, and using all different kinds of options, that even the slightest modification can sometimes mean a drastic improvement of performance, or increase in video quality.

I do, however, understand that this probably simple, so I have a few questions before even really getting a yay or nay:
1. Does the GFE allow any customization of encoding options on video and/or audio?
2. If so, how far can you customize these options?
3. If you do intend to implement a function to customize said options, will it be a config file, UI option, or how will it be implemented?

If you do intend to make this a thing, please let me know ASAP. I am thoroughly impressed with your work so far, and understand how difficult it is to make an open-source implementation of this nature, and then get all kinds of requests, and have to compensate for bugs and such. Keep up the good work, and thank you for doing this project!

danielb7390

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
I already suggested the possibility of changing bitrate and/or resolution, but its not possible at least now, because the configuration packet they send was capture from the shield and the still were able to decode it.

jp7152

Feb 22, 2007
Might be a firewall issue? Try disabling the firewall on your PC and see if that makes any difference. I've added some troubleshooting steps to the original post that may also help.

Latency should be similar to Shield streaming (especially on a Snapdragon, Exynos, or Tegra 4 device). It is important that the device you're using have a good WiFi connection.

Thank you. Have found it was the firewall blocking the video steam.

All I can say is wow. The quality of the steam is amazing. There is almost no lag at all. The sound quality is great too.
Top work!!

Is there any way to get on screen controls on the tablet? If not is a controller the best option? Thanks again

Attreyu

Jun 9, 2013
The youtube videos demonstrating the shield have almost no lag/latency at all. Is this the same ? How would you compare the Shield and Limelight ? Seeing that they use the same hardware on both sides, and sometimes even better than Tegra 4.

newsama

Dec 28, 2010
Curitiba
my router has both 2.4GHz and 5GHz, also didnt you read it works flawless on my shield and even works in 1080p 60FPS on alot of games, example DMC, Bioshock, Unreal Tounament 3 etc, the limelight app sucks, it doesn't work anywhere near the same quality as the shields built-in game streaming app sadly!

if so show me a youtube video of any other device using limelight and this so called better quality

Why are acting so entitled about this? It works fine, a lot of people (myself included) have said so in this thread. It's a problem on your end, most likely related to your network or your inability to set it up right - remember that the shield deals way better with network latency and has the best network implementation on any android yet.. If your shield works so good and limelight does not, use your shield and move on instead.

And no, I don't have time to make a video to you proving that limelight works. Deal with it.

To the Devs: please don't let those entitled pricks let you down. Your app is amazing and it's ge to ng better after each update. Great job!

Reactions: MaxyDad

Speedy Gonzalez

May 4, 2011
Louisiana
my configuration

3770k 4.6ghz
gtx titan 1150mhz
apple timecapsule 4 gen 5ghz band enabled

samsung note 3 connected to 5ghz
ps3 controller with sixaxis app

skyrim with 40 mods including realvision ENB

this is 1080p enabled in graphic settings I don't know if is really rendering 1080p but I think it does because image looks slightly better than 720p standard

screenshots from note 3

Note: sold my shield after trying this :laugh:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-28-19-00-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-28-19-00-52.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 339
  • Screenshot_2013-11-28-19-01-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-28-19-01-51.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 261
  • Screenshot_2013-11-28-19-03-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-28-19-03-36.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:

Aaronneyer

Sep 4, 2010
The youtube videos demonstrating the shield have almost no lag/latency at all. Is this the same ? How would you compare the Shield and Limelight ? Seeing that they use the same hardware on both sides, and sometimes even better than Tegra 4.

When comparing the GEForce Shield streaming app with Limelight on the shield, the lag has been almost identical. Same goes for a lot of newer devices, especially Qualcomm devices, such as the HTC One, or the new Nexus 7.
The lag on other devices, especially Tegra 3, such as the Ouya or old Nexus 7, is still significantly higher.

Attreyu

Jun 9, 2013
When comparing the GEForce Shield streaming app with Limelight on the shield, the lag has been almost identical. Same goes for a lot of newer devices, especially Qualcomm devices, such as the HTC One, or the new Nexus 7.
The lag on other devices, especially Tegra 3, such as the Ouya or old Nexus 7, is still significantly higher.

This is everything I needed to know. Perfect. Thank you !

spiralz

Jan 2, 2008
darn sarf
confirmed working on nexus 10 and my note 3

at first the nexus 10 had about half a second lag then I updated it to kitkat from jelly bean and its fine now using xbox 360 wireless controller & receiver

great work, going to sell my shield as soon as they fix the d-pad bug with external controllers.

EGBTMagus

Sep 21, 2010
Can't seem to get this to work on my G Pad. Just get connection refused when trying to pair. My PC has a 680 GTX in SLi so it's capable and I have windows firewall disabled. Could it be that I have my PC on a static IP?

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Aaronneyer

Sep 4, 2010
Can't seem to get this to work on my G Pad. Just get connection refused when trying to pair. My PC has a 680 GTX in SLi so it's capable and I have windows firewall disabled. Could it be that I have my PC on a static IP?

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Are both devices on the same network, and if so, are you using the internal (private) IP of the PC?

If the devices are not on the same network, do you have Shield Proxy running on both devices?

Also, does your PC have GEForce streaming installed and running on it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please don't ask for Moonlight help on Nvidia's forums! It's not their responsibility to support this app. Ask on this forum, another non-Nvidia forum, by email, etc

What happened to Limelight?/Why did you change your name?
    On April 21, 2015, we received a Cease and Desist letter from Limelight Networks, Inc. They also do streaming services and were concerned about confusion between this project and their company trademarks. To comply with the terms of their C&D, we've decided to rename our project to Moonlight.

Quick Links
    Main website: https://moonlight-stream.org
    Help: https://github.com/moonlight-stream/moonlight-docs/wiki/Setup-Guide
    Discord: https://moonlight-stream.org/discord
    PC GitHub project: https://github.com/moonlight-stream/moonlight-qt
    iOS GitHub project: https://github.com/moonlight-stream/moonlight-ios
    Android GitHub project: https://github.com/moonlight-stream/moonlight-android
    Android GitHub releases page (APKs): https://github.com/moonlight-stream/moonlight-android/releases
    Embedded port (for Raspberry Pi and other embedded devices): https://github.com/irtimmer/limelight-embedded
    GearVR port (for GearVR devices): http://sideloadvr.com/detail.php?id=14

iOS version
    The iOS port of Moonlight is now on the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/moonlight-game-streaming/id1000551566

Windows, Mac, and Linux port
    PC port binaries: https://github.com/moonlight-stream/moonlight-qt/releases
    PC port source: https://github.com/moonlight-stream/moonlight-qt

Moonlight for Chrome OS
    Download the latest version from the Chrome Web Store.

General Streaming Latency Information
    The latency of streaming is dependent on the device you're streaming to and the network you're streaming over. Different devices have different H.264 hardware decoding latency. After streaming, a toast will show up with latency numbers. It will show the total client latency and the portion of the total client latency spent waiting for the hardware decoder. Note that the total client latency does NOT include network latency, so the real latency is higher than the number you see. The total client latency is a measure of the time that the first packet in a frame is received to the time that the frame is released for rendering on screen.

Anecdotal Hardware Decoder Latency Numbers
    These are some latency numbers (from memory) I've seen on my test devices as of Moonlight Android 4.0.1. I'll try to keep updating this as I test.

Tier 1 devices:
    Tegra 4 - Nvidia Shield - 5 ms - 1080p60 supported
    Intel Atom/Bay Trail/Moorefield - Nexus Player - 8 ms - 1080p60 supported (may need a USB OTG Ethernet adapter for consistent performance)
    Razer Forge TV - 10 ms - 1080p60 supported - H.265 supported
    Tegra X1 - SHIELD Android TV - 10 ms - 4K60 supported - H.265 supported in hardware but needs changes in Moonlight to work well
    Tegra K1 - Nexus 9 - 15 ms - 1080p60 supported
    Tegra 3 - OUYA and Nexus 7 (2012) - 17 ms - 1080p60 supported

Tier 2 devices:
    Broadcom VideoCore IV - Fire TV Stick - 20 ms - 720p60/1080p30 supported
    Exynos 7420 - Galaxy S6 - 20 ms - 1080p60/4K30 supported - H.265 supported
    Snapdragon S4 Pro (rebranded 600) - Nexus 7 (2013) - 20 ms - 720p60/1080p30 supported
    Snapdragon 801 - HTC One M8 GPE - 20 ms - 1080p60 supported
    Snapdragon 800 - Nexus 5 - 20 ms - 1080p60 supported
    Snapdragon 600 - Fire TV (2014) - 30 ms - 720p60/1080p30 supported

Tier 3 devices:
    MediaTek devices - Fire TV (2015) - 55 ms - 1080p60 supported - H.265 supported

Adding games/apps that aren't automatically found
    You can stream any almost any game or app by adding the EXE file to GFE manually (if it's not found by the automatic app scan). Open GeForce Experience, click the Preferences tab, click GameStream on the sidebar, then click the add (+) button on the right. Browse to the app or file you want to add and click OK. You can rename the app using the edit button on the right (near the add button).

Using Moonlight as a remote desktop solution
    You can stream the entire Windows desktop via Moonlight. Follow step 2 from this guide

Streaming over the Internet
    Install the Moonlight Internet Streaming Helper on your host gaming PC to enable streaming over the Internet. If your router supports UPnP, you won't need to make any manual changes.

If the above tool isn't able to enable Internet streaming automatically or your router doesn't support it, forward these ports manually:
    TCP 47984, 47989, 48010
    UDP 47998, 47999, 48000, 48010

General requirements for current APK:
    SoC capable of decoding H.264 High Profile in hardware (Snapdragon, Exynos, Tegra 3 or higher, Rockchip, and more)
    Android 4.1 or higher
    GeForce Experience with a GTX 600/700/800/900 GPU or GTX 600M/700M/800M (GT-series not supported)
    Xbox, PS3 (with SixAxis app), Moga (B/HID mode), Shield, or Ouya controller (other controllers may work too in HID mode)
    Mid to high-end wireless router (preferably dual-band 802.11n or better)
    Good wireless connection to your Android device

Troubleshooting tips:
    1. Make sure GeForce Experience is open, up-to-date, and that you've scanned for games.

2. Make sure your device is on the same network as your computer for initial pairing.

3. Try disabling any firewall software running on your machine.

4. Try rebooting your machine. Sometimes the streaming software gets into a messed up state where it won't work normally until the machine is rebooted.

5. Make sure your Android device has a strong wireless connection (and your PC too, if it's connected wirelessly).

6. For Internet streaming, make sure to install Moonlight Internet Streaming Helper on your host gaming PC, then run the Moonlight Internet Streaming Tester that it installs to troubleshoot further.

7. To check if GFE is working properly, try navigating to the following URLs on your GFE PC:
    http://127.0.0.1:47989/serverinfo?uniqueid=1234
    https://127.0.0.1:47984/serverinfo?uniqueid=1234

For those with latency issues, please see this post.

Device-related issues
    Depending on the wireless chipset on your phone/tablet, you may have a bad streaming experience if Bluetooth is active while streaming. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about this. If you experience significant connection degradation with a Bluetooth controller connected, you could try connecting the controller to your PC (see the section above), a USB Ethernet adapter, or controller that connects directly to your Android device (assuming your Android device supports USB OTG)

Older Changes:

Update 12 - March 13, 2014:
    Significant video quality improvements. Lower video latency. New UI that makes it easier to choose the best streaming settings. Transient messages are displayed while streaming if network or device problems are detected.

Update 11:
    Tegra hardware decoding latency bug is fixed. Hardware decoding is now used by default on Tegra and Rockchip devices. Performance is vastly improved on Tegra devices (1080p60 decodes in real-time, even on Tegra 3). The parser bug causing additional artifacts and image corruption is (finally) fixed.

Update 10:
    Added options to force either hardware or software decoding. Reduce audio decoding CPU usage. Fix image quality and performance regressions from update 9.

Update 9:
    Reduced CPU usage of video decoding. Added options to choose target resolution (720p or 1080p) and FPS (30 or 60).

Update 8:
    Added a checkbox to choose image quality vs performance (only for CPU decoding). Optimize CPU decoding further. The frame rate is now playable on the Ouya with its Tegra 3..

Update 7:
    Connectivity issues should be resolved now. Update to the latest APK if you were experiencing connection failures with the last couple of releases.

Update 6:
    There's now GUI feedback when connecting. The whitelist for hardware decoding (that only included Qualcomm decoders) has now been replaced with a blacklist (currently containing TI and Nvidia decoders). The Exynos decoder in Exynos 5 Octa has been confirmed to work.

Update 5:
    The app will now request a new reference frame if packet loss occurs on the video stream. This means that the stream will recover from blockiness and artifacting that occur when video packets get lost. CPU decoding for non-Snapdragon devices is a bit better. Fixed back button on Shield.

Update 4:
    Added multithreaded CPU H264 decoding support for non-Snapdragon devices with ffmpeg. Both landscape orientations now work. This grows the APK significantly so don't be alarmed when this download is larger than previous builds.

Tegra 4 is now very smooth in the games I've tested. Tegra 3 works significantly better than before, but still not perfect (and won't likely ever be as smooth as Snapdragon or Tegra 4).

For Qualcomm devices, a dual-core SoC (even as old as Cortex-A8 stuff) is sufficient due to the hardware decoder. For other devices, CPU decoding will now be used. These devices will need more CPU horsepower (a quad-core Tegra 3 is almost enough).

Look forward to keyboard support and a better GUI coming in the next several days.

Update 3:
    Frame pacing improvements for Snapdragon and Tegra devices, although Tegra still has more latency than Snapdragon devices. If you have issues with blockiness or discoloration in the video stream, make sure that you have a good wireless connection. Moonlight doesn't currently deal with packet loss as well as the Shield streaming app.

Update 2:
    PS3, Xbox, Shield, and Moga Pro controllers are working with the latest APK.

Update:
    Audio is now working. Video is working pretty well on Snapdragon devices (with some lag on Tegra devices). I've attached the current APK here for those that want to test. Due to the framework we're using for video decoding, this app requires Android 4.1 or higher. This is still in alpha so expect bugs.

Original post:
    Here is a demo of a WIP app that uses the same Shield streaming technology to stream to any Android device. Controller and mouse input works. Keyboard input isn't implemented yet. Video support works (minus some artifacts at rare points and minor frame pacing issues). Audio doesn't work yet (not sure what format it is).

We've had success with very low H264 decoding latency on Snapdragon S4 Pro/600 devices (like the 2013 Nexus 7 and HTC One), but the Tegra 3/4 decoder has a high latency per frame (~1 second) that makes streaming more laggy on devices like the Ouya, 2012 Nexus 7, and even the Shield itself.

The next big step to a release-ready app is audio support (and the obligatory code cleanup). I'd be happy to respond to any questions about the way the app or the GFE streaming protocol works. If there's significant interest in this, I'll try to put more time into finishing it ASAP.

Demo video (a bit old now):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VOti83qZRU

Downloads:
    I'd recommend downloading the app from the Play Store. Updates are automatically applied through the Play Store when they are released. Crash reports also get to us automatically if you use the Play Store version and click the Report button if Moonlight crashes.

Google Play Link

Sometimes APKs are more convenient for sideloading and other things, so they will continue to be posted.

You can find the latest APKs on the GitHub page here: https://github.com/moonlight-stream/moonlight-android/releases
    Moonlight Chrome Test Build (Alpha 1)

Since there seems to be some interest in this Moonlight port for Chrome, I've decided to put a binary up for testing. Please report your thoughts on it.

Working:
    - Pairing and streaming
    - Hardware accelerated video decoding up to 1080p60
    - Game controllers (currently limited to those for which Chrome has a built-in mapping, like Xbox and DualShock controllers)
    - Keyboard and mouse input (with the caveat of Esc kicking the app out of full screen)

Not working:
    - No feedback when starting a stream - just be patient and wait for the video stream
    - mDNS auto-discovery of PCs
    - (Very) Non-final UI
    - A few settings are missing
    - Error handling needs work
    - Controller detection can be wonky at times (try fully exiting and restarting Chrome)

To install, drag the CRX file into the Extensions (Menu -> More Tools -> Extensions) page of Chrome.

To launch, use Chrome App Launcher, the Extensions page, or just search for Moonlight on your PC and you should see it installed like a normal program.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ml92xvot25yn23x/moonlight-chrome.crx?dl=0
    Good News about Qualcomm Decoder Latency

I found by luck that the SDP attributes on the new GFE beta 2.4.0.9 allow the client to adjust video slicing parameters. I've released a new build that enables slicing on GFE 2.4 to reduce latency of Qualcomm devices (hopefully back to 2.1.3 levels). It will also improve the latency on the Fire TV as it's also a Qualcomm device.

The build is rolling out on Play Store, waiting for review on Amazon store, and up on GitHub now.

Remember, you MUST have GFE beta updates turned on and be running GFE 2.4.0.9 or higher with Limelight v3.1.4.

You can enable beta updates for GFE on the Preferences tab in the General pane.
    Another GFE 2.1 status update: success!

I've figured out secure pairing and encrypted input (required for GFE 2.1) and implemented them in Limelight-common. There's just a bit more work to do for platform-specific support (certificate and private key generation and storage) on Android and PC. My PoC code was able to stream from a GFE 2.1 box over the Internet to a custom version of Limelight-PC.

I'm off for some much needed rest (4:54 AM here), but we're on the home stretch. Expect a release for Android and PC in the next day or so.

Update: It's done! Limelight Android version 2.3 is rolling out on the Play Store, waiting for approval on the Ouya store, and posted https://github.com/limelight-stream/limelight-android/releases. Limelight PC is released too https://github.com/limelight-stream/limelight-pc/releases
    Moonlight Chrome Test Build (Alpha 2)

Changes from Alpha 1:
    - Fixed Esc key kicking the app out of full-screen (press Ctrl-Alt-Shift-Q to quit)
    - Fixed sometimes requiring a restart of Chrome for gamepad detection to work
    - Added mDNS auto-discovery of PCs

Working:
    - Pairing and streaming
    - Hardware accelerated video decoding up to 1080p60
    - Game controllers (currently limited to those for which Chrome has a built-in mapping, like Xbox and DualShock controllers)
    - Keyboard and mouse input
    - mDNS auto-discovery of PCs

Not working:
    - No feedback when starting a stream - just be patient and wait for the video stream
    - (Very) Non-final UI
    - A few settings are missing
    - Error handling needs work

To install, drag the CRX file into the Extensions (Menu -> More Tools -> Extensions) page of Chrome.

To launch, use Chrome App Launcher, the Extensions page, or just search for Moonlight on your PC and you should see it installed like a normal program.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19391088/moonlight-chrome-alpha2.crx