[ROM][8.1.0]Android Open Source Illusion Project [OFFICIAL] [beryllium]

Search This thread

Shreesha.Murthy

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Mar 1, 2014
http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FDr6rSI1.png

Code:
[B][CENTER]**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****[/CENTER][/B]

Android Open Source illusion Project

About us:

AOSIP is a quality custom rom based purely on GOOGLE AOSP source since 6.0 release. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.

Team Illusion:

Josh Fox (xlxfoxxlx)
Akhil Narang
Shreesha Murthy
Brett Montague
Sri Harsha

Source code:

What's working:

Boots
RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
Fingerprint
Wi-Fi
Bluetooth
Camera
Camcorder
Video Playback
Audio
Sensors
Flash
LED
GPS
VoLTE

Known issues:
IR camera

Instructions:
Download the latest build and GApps
Reboot to recovery
Flash the latest build and GApps (adb sideload if you are encrypted or use external sdcard)
Reboot

Latest Downloads:

TWRP recovery (Thanks to @TheStrix) <-- click here
DOWNLOADS <-- click here
Open GApps <-- click here

Credit/Thanks:

Mike Williams(founder and creator of AOSiP)
Google
Dirty Unicorns
AICP
ABC Rom
Screwd
Omni
Krexus
Cyanogenmod
SlimRoms
ChainFire (SuperSU)
Beanstown106
Cory Collins
Sultanxda
flar2
francisofranco
---------
Any others i may have forgotten(sorry, pls pm me)
All our testers

Official Groups/Channels:

XDA:DevDB Information
AOSiP, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco F1

Contributors
Shreesha.Murthy
Source Code: https://github.com/AOSiP

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2018-09-25
Last Updated 2018-09-26

Shreesha.Murthy

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Mar 1, 2014
Reserved

Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Changelogs

Build dated 20180925 :
- Initial build

Last edited:

mohan_168

Apr 14, 2013
Bangalore
Can anyone let know if Gcam from Arnova v8.2 (GoogleCamera-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V8.2.apk) works with this ROM? I am specifically interested to know if HDR+ is able to click photos with JPEG at 100% and HDR quality as Super High.

amit864

Sep 2, 2011
Just flashed. Volte works. Signal strength is shown lower than stock. No force closes, magisk 17.1 works, so does adaway and bromide. Camera quality is poor compared to stock. But overall nearly a daily driver (except the camera). Also, I think the auto brightness was not working and scrolling is not as smooth.

Last edited:

Skinpipe

Apr 5, 2013
West Midlands
Just flashed. Volte works. Signal strength is shown lower than stock. No force closes, magisk 17.1 works, so does adaway and bromide. Camera quality is poor compared to stock. But overall nearly a daily driver (except the camera). Also, I think the auto brightness was not working and scrolling is not as smooth.

Change the input boost settings to Improve scrolling

WingXBlade

Dec 16, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Do we have to use the provided twrp? Because that's the only thing I'm not following in this thread and I'm constantly getting bootloops

WingXBlade

Dec 16, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Yes :silly:
Why do you think they bothered to give you another twrp if there is one already working

Just tried using the provided twrp but it didn't work, it still bootlooped on me. One long boot animation followed by short boot ups.

Edit: after formatting the phone via format data option, rom seems to boot, I think that is the issue

Last edited:

Stampyron

Dec 24, 2017
@Shreesha.Murthy
This recovery you suggested has a very critical bug.
It doesn't show any storage when we connect the phone to pc in recovery mode
I spent the whole afternoon trying to figure out why the phone wasn't being detected by my pc.
I wonder why nobody noticed this and asked here?

The internal storage is detected in recovery made by @Shivam Kumar Jha
but not in the 1 made by @TheStrix
Am i the only one facing this problem? :rolleyes:

Read the post right above yours

tejjoshii

Mar 1, 2015
Gandhinagar
Read the post right above yours

This happened with me 2nd time today :eek:
Why do i keep missing the post above me :(

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Hey all,

I've updated TWRP link with new build which fixes MTP randomly not working and added extra asserts in-order to flash MIUI if you wanted that (Credits to @TheStrix). Make sure you update to that for smooth and less bugfree user experience.

Peace.

Does that mean we can flash the ota package downloaded from updater app like we can in redwolf recovery?
(I know currently it isn't working for poco but it works for other devices) so we don't have to download the whole 1.6 gb or more sized file every time :confused:

This happened with me 2nd time today :eek:
Why do i keep missing the post above me :(

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Does that mean we can flash the ota package downloaded from updater app like we can in redwolf recovery?
(I know currently it isn't working for poco but it works for other devices) so we don't have to download the whole 1.6 gb or more sized file every time :confused:
Yep, Download and flash through twrp

Ajudia

Oct 13, 2017
error at boot:
your vendor image does not match the system. Please flash the OPM1.171019.026 vendor image for your device.
2nd camera:
Gcam give fc of all the versions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FDr6rSI1.png

Code:
    [B][CENTER]**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****[/CENTER][/B]

Android Open Source illusion Project

About us:

AOSIP is a quality custom rom based purely on GOOGLE AOSP source since 6.0 release. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.

Team Illusion:

Josh Fox (xlxfoxxlx)
    Akhil Narang
    Shreesha Murthy
    Brett Montague
    Sri Harsha

Source code:

What's working:

Boots
    RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    Fingerprint
    Wi-Fi
    Bluetooth
    Camera
    Camcorder
    Video Playback
    Audio
    Sensors
    Flash
    LED
    GPS
    VoLTE

Known issues:
    IR camera

Instructions:
    Download the latest build and GApps
    Reboot to recovery
    Flash the latest build and GApps (adb sideload if you are encrypted or use external sdcard)
    Reboot

Latest Downloads:

TWRP recovery (Thanks to @TheStrix) <-- click here
    DOWNLOADS <-- click here
    Open GApps <-- click here

Credit/Thanks:

Mike Williams(founder and creator of AOSiP)
    Google
    Dirty Unicorns
    AICP
    ABC Rom
    Screwd
    Omni
    Krexus
    Cyanogenmod
    SlimRoms
    ChainFire (SuperSU)
    Beanstown106
    Cory Collins
    Sultanxda
    flar2
    francisofranco
    ---------
    Any others i may have forgotten(sorry, pls pm me)
    All our testers

Official Groups/Channels:

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSiP, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco F1

Contributors
    Shreesha.Murthy
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOSiP

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2018-09-25
    Last Updated 2018-09-26
    Reserved

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Changelogs

Build dated 20180925 :
    - Initial build
    i saw on telegram you posted a screenshot of aosip 9.0 running derp kernel, is that rom available to download somewhere else?
    It's under testing. Will be released very soon
    Hey all,

I've updated TWRP link with new build which fixes MTP randomly not working and added extra asserts in-order to flash MIUI if you wanted that (Credits to @TheStrix). Make sure you update to that for smooth and less bugfree user experience.

Peace.