Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

bakuls

Apr 18, 2013
New Delhi
Xperia U root

I've been trying to root my Xperia U for sometime and it is not working!!
I've used flashtool version 0.9.10.1 and rootme by bin4ry v27 but it just won't root.
this is the latest log...please tell me, what's going wrong..

17/055/2013 16:55:39 - INFO - Connected device : ST25
17/055/2013 16:55:39 - INFO - Installed version of busybox : N/A
17/055/2013 16:55:39 - INFO - Android version : 4.0.4 / kernel version : 3.0.8+ / Build number : 6.1.1.B.1.54
17/055/2013 16:55:54 - INFO - Pushing C:\Flashtool\.\devices\ST25\busybox\1.20.2\busybox to /data/local/tmp/busybox
17/055/2013 16:55:54 - INFO - Pushing C:\Flashtool\custom\root\subin\Supersu\su to /data/local/tmp/su
17/055/2013 16:55:54 - INFO - Pushing C:\Flashtool\custom\root\subin\Supersu\Superuser.apk to /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk
17/055/2013 16:55:59 - INFO - Pushing C:\Flashtool\custom\root\AdbRestore\RootMe.tar to /data/local/tmp/RootMe.tar
17/056/2013 16:56:00 - INFO - Now open your device and restore "RootMe" backup. Waiting ...
17/056/2013 16:56:00 - INFO - You have 60 seconds to follow the restore advice
17/056/2013 16:56:00 - INFO - Running adbrestoreexploit
17/056/2013 16:56:04 - INFO - Restore worked fine. Rebooting device. Please wait ...
17/056/2013 16:56:26 - INFO - Waiting for device
17/056/2013 16:56:26 - INFO - Device disconnected
17/057/2013 16:57:00 - INFO - Device connected with USB debugging on
17/057/2013 16:57:17 - INFO - Root hack did not work.

JakeHart

May 17, 2013
Google+ Hangouts

I have a samsung galaxy s3 (AT&T) - d2att. I'm running the cm-10.1.0-RC2-d2att rom. I installed google+ hangouts and i am having problems with video call. I can see and hear others fine. They can see me but can't hear me. Can somebody help or point me in the right direction to figure this out? Thank you

ellynepain

Apr 3, 2013
Buitenzorg
Remove all gapps except google contact sync service

Hello dude. I wanna ask some question, how to remove all gapps on jelly bean v4.1.2 except google contact sync service, I just need that one service and not all google service on my ray device. I dont know which must I choose to remove the apps on system/app . help me fix this annoying issue please. :)

mayank9856

Feb 18, 2013
Hello dude. I wanna ask some question, how to remove all gapps on jelly bean v4.1.2 except google contact sync service, I just need that one service and not all google service on my ray device. I dont know which must I choose to remove the apps on system/app . help me fix this annoying issue please. :)

You have to be rooted to be abke to do that...
There are many apps on playstore that offer to remove the system apps..
I use root freezer pro to freeze apps and delete unwanted one...
Alternatively once rooted , you may go to root/system/app , find ur app and delete the apk from there...

if it's helping you it must be thanked.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

I have a samsung galaxy s3 (AT&T) - d2att. I'm running the cm-10.1.0-RC2-d2att rom. I installed google+ hangouts and i am having problems with video call. I can see and hear others fine. They can see me but can't hear me. Can somebody help or point me in the right direction to figure this out? Thank you
Is there a mic prob...?
Can others hear you over phone calls..?
If yes then reinstall the app...
That happend with me with viber. Reinstalled and worked..

If a mic issue, and it bothers , then call out for a dev to solve it

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
clock work mode 6.0.1.0

Ok..

And have u done these steps?
Download "DF-2 GTAB2 P31XXX.ZIP" and unzip it using root explorer AND delete"META-INF" & download "UPDATE SCRIPT.ZIP" from download link and unzip this and place "META-INF" in "DF-2 GTAB2 P31XXX.ZIP" .Now re-zip "DF-2 GTAB2 P31XXX.ZIP" using root explorer and fallow flashing instructions bellow listed.

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
Sent from my SGS II

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
Its better to first freeze the unwanted apps to see if disabling them will cause any issues. Then, once ur sure that it won't affect u, uninstall those apps. :)

Sent from my SGS II

mayank9856

Feb 18, 2013
Its better to first freeze the unwanted apps to see if disabling them will cause any issues. Then, once ur sure that it won't affect u, uninstall those apps. :)

Sent from my SGS II

Yep...
Thats why I use the app that I mentioned...
Freeze it , try it, delete it....

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
I've been trying to root my Xperia U for sometime and it is not working!!
I've used flashtool version 0.9.10.1 and rootme by bin4ry v27 but it just won't root.
this is the latest log...please tell me, what's going wrong..

17/055/2013 16:55:39 - INFO - Connected device : ST25
17/055/2013 16:55:39 - INFO - Installed version of busybox : N/A
17/055/2013 16:55:39 - INFO - Android version : 4.0.4 / kernel version : 3.0.8+ / Build number : 6.1.1.B.1.54
17/055/2013 16:55:54 - INFO - Pushing C:\Flashtool\.\devices\ST25\busybox\1.20.2\busybox to /data/local/tmp/busybox
17/055/2013 16:55:54 - INFO - Pushing C:\Flashtool\custom\root\subin\Supersu\su to /data/local/tmp/su
17/055/2013 16:55:54 - INFO - Pushing C:\Flashtool\custom\root\subin\Supersu\Superuser.apk to /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk
17/055/2013 16:55:59 - INFO - Pushing C:\Flashtool\custom\root\AdbRestore\RootMe.tar to /data/local/tmp/RootMe.tar
17/056/2013 16:56:00 - INFO - Now open your device and restore "RootMe" backup. Waiting ...
17/056/2013 16:56:00 - INFO - You have 60 seconds to follow the restore advice
17/056/2013 16:56:00 - INFO - Running adbrestoreexploit
17/056/2013 16:56:04 - INFO - Restore worked fine. Rebooting device. Please wait ...
17/056/2013 16:56:26 - INFO - Waiting for device
17/056/2013 16:56:26 - INFO - Device disconnected
17/057/2013 16:57:00 - INFO - Device connected with USB debugging on
17/057/2013 16:57:17 - INFO - Root hack did not work.
See these threads:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2108971

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2208444

:)

Sent from my SGS II

JakeHart

May 17, 2013
Alternatively once rooted , you may go to root/system/app , find ur app and delete the apk from there...

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Is there a mic prob...?
Can others hear you over phone calls..?
If yes then reinstall the app...
That happend with me with viber. Reinstalled and worked..

If a mic issue, and it bothers , then call out for a dev to solve it

No problem with phone calls. When i record videos with front or back camera it works fine. It's only when i use hangouts. just reinstalled it. still have problem.

bakuls

Apr 18, 2013
New Delhi

zeusofdoom

May 14, 2013
pelase help me !!!

i ahve installed the custom rom for samsung galaxy y dous gts6012 i have flashed custom gingericejelly .. i have followed the procedure completly . now my phone is stuck on the boot screen . and i can even enter the recovery mode to flash or restore .. please if u can guide any light on this issue of mine

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
I tried the method, but once I flash with .10 version...my phone will not boot..
it gives vibration at the start, like it is about to, but nothing shows in the screen..I can start it only when I flash it again with .54 version.
Followed this guide?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34983966

It says u should restore the .54 kernel after rooting.

So after u flash .54 and it starts, did u check if the phone was successfully rooted?

Sent from my SGS II

Reactions: bakuls

Alejandro_FIR

Jan 8, 2011
x8 problem

please someone HELP ME!!!! I have(maybe had) xperia8 2.1 , i rooted itwith superoneclick , and then had bootloader unlocked it with msm7227(and s1), then i checked if bootloader is unlocked ->ok .
then i install cwm.... did the buck up , and then i wanded to pass it the ''MiniCM9 [Nightly] by NobodyAtall (nAa-ICS)'', i ve downloaded the rom and the kernel for ics , i flashed the kernel throught flashtool , then i started my phone... i got the logo nAa and the when it gone to sony ericsson logo it stoped there...... what did i do wrong , and how can i fix it??please help

ellynepain

Apr 3, 2013
Buitenzorg

Sent from my SGS II

thanks dude. I have uninstalled the unwanted google service on my ray device. thanks for your help.:fingers-crossed:

antosteaphen

May 17, 2013
Celkon A200 stuck in boot loop and tried to flash stock rom with sp tool not working.

I first rooted my celkon a200(rootunroot.bat), after that i installed titanium backup, folder mount.. and i uninstalled some system apps like live tv, celkon world,etc..
then i rebooted my phone, after rebooting it was stuck in the boot loop, so again i tried in recovery mode to back up my datas.. but no space was there on internal sd to back up, so i left that option and tried wiping/factory reset.. after that i rebooted initially celkon logo came and instead of the boot animations screen went black.. nothing was happening,

then i searched and found this post
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2258245
this forum has mentioned the same problem which i'm facing.. and suggested me to flash my stock rom back.

i downloaded all the things as mentioned in the above list( flash tool, drivers, software), first installed all the drivers(and rebooted system), then opened sp flash tool, loaded scatter loading file,then clicked firmware upgrade ,and after pc checksum processing connected my mobile,-- then nothing was happening, then i tried removing and putting the battery back, and main problem is my phone is not getting flashed with the tool... i'm helpless,.. somebody please help me to get me back to my stock rom..
please help me...

kallampavan365

Feb 9, 2013
Aroma Installer

want an alternatve to the Aroma nstaller... I'm new to this forum and i was trying to build my own ROM.....help me pls.....Thank u:)

blueskidder

May 18, 2013
concord CA
Hard Bricked s3? (t999)

I was being stupid -__- i accidentally flashed a international Stock rom onto my S3 my s3 is a SGH-T999 and now it wont power on :'( if i hold the power button it will vibrate but the screen will not turn on. When i plug my phone into my PC it begins to charge and this is the only time the screen turns on (battery charging animation), the computer also recognizes something and attempts to install drivers. Is there anything i can do? If not is there any places in the SF bay area where i could get this fixed? :'( i need my phone back by monday and the situation is looking grim.

gyzoli68

Jan 20, 2013
Question!

After flash Fly-On_Mod_V2.1 don't have wifi connection.
Help?

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

I have a big problem :not always ringing the custom ringtones for my contacts?
The problems i think is when received a call for my contact the phone in the firt 1 or 2 second not recognized the contact name only show the number starting ringing whith default ringtone and after is ringing recognized and showing the contact name.
What is the solution please help me?
Thank you! Sorry my english.

Top Liked Posts