[ROM] MROM-Encore [4.2.2][LINARO][CM10.1] build:20131003

Search This thread

dragon57

Dec 22, 2010
East Tennessee area/USA
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introducing MROM-encore. Custom ROM for the B&N NOOK Color

Free Yourself and Feel the Difference

This is my attempt to build a stable, complete, and fully functional custom ROM for the B&N NOOK Color completely built from source code; MROM-encore is built on top of Cyanogen ROM latest source code. I recompiled all components to guarantee maximum efficiency and performance. Along the way, I realized that I needed things to work different for the B&N NOOK Color, so I also made some changes. If you like my work, consider a donation to my cause.

MROM-encore is entirely build from source. You will see the difference when you run it. Just to list a few features:
    • Entire ROM and Kernel are compiled and optimized with Linaro toolchain 4.7
    • Superior Performance. (User benchmarks have reported excellent performance)
    • Excellent battery life
    • Multi-User Enabled
    • Contains all the most common tweaks
    • QuickPic gallery application

While I tried to maintain the main core small, size is not the main focus.

Before posting negative comments about the ROM. Browse the thread and the FAQ. http://www.montuori.net/android-mrom/mrom-faq-2/

Requirements:
    • Clockworkmod or compatible recovery
    • B&N NOOK Color

WARNING: I DECLINE ANY RESPONSIBILITY IN DAMAGING YOUR DEVICE. YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS IN ANY PROCESS DESCRIBED ON THIS PAGE.

Installation:
    • Backup your current ROM
    • Boot Clockworkmod recovery
    • Perform a factory reset (data and cache) *** THIS IS ONLY REQUIRED IF COMING FROM ANOTHER ROM ***
    • Clean dalvik cache
    • Install MROM-encore zip file
    • Boot the device
    • Reboot in recovery and install Google Apps (this is required to avoid the home and search button not working)
    • If applicable, re-apply the addon package
    • Reboot
    • 1st reboot takes a little longer

THE SERVER RUNS ON PAID SERVICES TO PROVIDE THE BEST POSSIBLE EXPERIENCE FOR YOU, HELP KEEP IT OPEN BY DONATING.

donor page: http://www.montuori.net/android-mrom/mrom-donors/

Please consider providing valuable FEEDBACK to the thread

DOWNLOAD MROM-encore

Download EXPERIMENTAL BUILDS (requires registration)

NC-MROM Change Log: Change Log

File a bug report: here. Please provide good description and a fresh logcat.

To report bugs, follow these steps:
    • Install ADB (Google SDK) www.android.com for reference
    • Connect your device to USB (Make sure USB Debugging is set)
    • run "adb logcat > {somefileonyourpc}"
    • Reproduce the problem
    • Press CRTL+C on your computer
    • Open a Bug Report, the link is on the main thread.
    • Make sure to attach the logcat file, a description of the problem, and the time it happened
    • After that, it can be tracked and I can ask additional information to solve

A great tutorial on how to use adb and logcat is located here

User screenshots (1heffer):
    screenshot-d2-09-168x300.jpg

Screenshots:
    MROM-encore-01.png

MROM-encore-02.png

MROM-encore-03.png

MROM-encore-04.png

All the ROM source code changes are available via my github repository https://github.com/mmontuori/atrix-mrom

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] MROM-Encore [4.2.2][LINARO][CM10.1] build:20131003, a ROM for the Barnes & Noble Nook Color

Contributors
    mmontuori
    ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2013-10-01
    Last Updated 2013-10-04
    Personally, i think cm9 is stable enough to be a daily driver

The first comment I get is negative and shuts me down... It's fine, if you think that way, however, this particular ROM has been very successful for both the Atrix and the HTC Incredible 2. Before you slam down something, you should try it first...
    CM-10

Just wanted to inform you that MROM-CM7 for Encore is the final release. All new builds will be generated on top of CM-10. Get ready for MROM-encore-cm-10.

Thanks
    New Version

New Version Based on CM-10.1.... Enjoy!!!
    New Version Posted!!!

New Version posted. Major performance improvements. ROM and Kernel are compiled and optimized with Linaro toolchain. Grab your update.