RSD LITE not detecting phone

Search This thread

munky88

Nov 2, 2009
Ok so i was planning to flash my defy with the leaked 2.3.4 gingerbread but when it came time to connect it to the rsdlite, it wasn't detected. The drivers installed fine.

I followed this tutorial:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=14976942#post14976942

Things checked:

Bootloader was on when connected
Battery full

I tried multiple methods:

Running RSDLITE with safemode
running rsdlite admin access
installing rsdlite 4.9
installing rsdlite 5.3.1
installing motorola drivers 5.1
installing motorola drivers 5.2

So now i can't flash the shadow4.5.1-134fixed.sbf.

Doing this step:
4. Select “shadow4.5.1-134nandroid” and choose “System Only”

I can't load into my phone to access ClockworkMod Recovery to revert that.

So now when i boot up my phone it is stuck at the motorola symbol.

What i can do:

access bootloader
access recovery module

drwario

Oct 19, 2010
Pull out battery.
Reinsert battery while holding volume up key.
Phone should say ok to program.

Sent from my MB525 using XDA App

munky88

Nov 2, 2009
Tried that and RSDLITE still doesn't detect. I tried installing RSDLITE on a different laptop but same issue.

munky88

Nov 2, 2009
i have a feeling its because of the 64bit windows 7. Has anyone got it to work on other flavours of windows?

dilfatx

Feb 6, 2008
Austin
I'm having the same issue.. tried the pulling battery out and back in with volume up with no luck..

munky88

Nov 2, 2009
Yeah my solution was that i installed windows XP on the same laptop, installed the same version of rsd lite and it was detected. I don't think you have to do something that strenuous but you could try installing a different version of rsd lite. I think the latest one is 5.6 and it works in detecting my phone on windows 7 x64.

Reactions: arulshoponline
Oct 2, 2011
Chennai
Yeah my solution was that i installed windows XP on the same laptop, installed the same version of rsd lite and it was detected. I don't think you have to do something that strenuous but you could try installing a different version of rsd lite. I think the latest one is 5.6 and it works in detecting my phone on windows 7 x64.

Thanks for replies. I tried RSD lite 5.6
on windows7 x64. But no luck.

Not only RSD lite, even computer also does not detect the phone. I tried in my laptop also which is running windows7 x64. I will try it in XP also tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

I tried re-installing driver 5.5.0 also.

shadenight

Mar 7, 2011
Check if you have any belkin router software installed. I remember reading on some topic that, the USB monitor of that software was interfering with rsd lite

Sent from my MB526 using XDA

kneepain

Jul 14, 2008
Sorry to missed this post.

I have the very same problem.
I tried each and every probe googled.

No luck.

Finally I have to install a brand new x86 Windows 7 Ultimate (I think not particularly ultimate, any would do e.g. home, home premium...etc).

To me it is the x86 that hinders me from recognizing the phone.

Sorry, it should be rsdlite not working along with x64 but seemless with x86.

Hope this helps !

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2011
Chennai
Sorry to missed this post.

I have the very same problem.
I tried each and every probe googled.

No luck.

Finally I have to install a brand new x86 Windows 7 Ultimate (I think not particularly ultimate, any would do e.g. home, home premium...etc).

To me it is the x86 that hinders me from recognizing the phone.

Sorry, it should be rsdlite not working along with x64 but seemless with x86.

Hope this helps !

Thanks for the reply. I found this is due to hardware issue. I sent it to service they replaced the board (with Defy+ board). Now it is working good with 2.3.6 defy+ stock ROM. Upgraded to Defy+!

akira.nev

Jun 16, 2012
Thanks for the reply. I found this is due to hardware issue. I sent it to service they replaced the board (with Defy+ board). Now it is working good with 2.3.6 defy+ stock ROM. Upgraded to Defy+!

arulshoponline, I am suffering with this prob for soo long.. all the forums have been of very little help to me.

First, I rooted my phone and then installed the cyanogen 7.2 mod instead of 7.1 by mistake. Everything was going as instructed by various tutorials.. Then when the device rebooted, it was stuck on the screen showing android & cyanogen mod logo with an arrow going round and round(in blue). It kept repeating itself. Thinking my phone froze, I removed the battery. Upon reboot, it Got stuck at the "Google" image which replaced the original Motorola symbol after the update. Ever since I cannot get RSD Lite to recognize the device even after installing Motorola Helper drivers as well as the phone drivers. I am frustrated and seriously thinking of just getting a professionals help.

Any suggestions anyone?? The SBF file i used is JRDNEM_U3_3.4.3-11_BLUR_SIGN_SIGNED_USAJRDNEMARAB1B8RTGB03A.0R_PDS03C_USAJRDNFRYORTGB_P010_A007_HWp3_Service1FF.sbf

is this the wrong one?

arulshoponline - Where did you give your phone for service? Did you give it to Moto itself? or some local repair store?

P.S I was initiallly running Froyo 2.2.1 and wanted to upgrade to Gingerbread 2.3.4 when all this happened I am running on Win XP, currently with RSD 5.3. I have tried 4.9 and 5.0 so far.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2011
Chennai
arulshoponline, I am suffering with this prob for soo long.. all the forums have been of very little help to me.

First, I rooted my phone and then installed the cyanogen 7.2 mod instead of 7.1 by mistake. Everything was going as instructed by various tutorials.. Then when the device rebooted, it was stuck on the screen showing android & cyanogen mod logo with an arrow going round and round(in blue). It kept repeating itself. Thinking my phone froze, I removed the battery. Upon reboot, it Got stuck at the "Google" image which replaced the original Motorola symbol after the update. Ever since I cannot get RSD Lite to recognize the device even after installing Motorola Helper drivers as well as the phone drivers. I am frustrated and seriously thinking of just getting a professionals help.

Any suggestions anyone?? The SBF file i used is JRDNEM_U3_3.4.3-11_BLUR_SIGN_SIGNED_USAJRDNEMARAB1B8RTGB03A.0R_PDS03C_USAJRDNFRYORTGB_P010_A007_HWp3_Service1FF.sbf

is this the wrong one?

arulshoponline - Where did you give your phone for service? Did you give it to Moto itself? or some local repair store?

P.S I was initiallly running Froyo 2.2.1 and wanted to upgrade to Gingerbread 2.3.4 when all this happened I am running on Win XP, currently with RSD 5.3. I have tried 4.9 and 5.0 so far.

Sorry for you akira.nev. I also really felt bad when mine went wrong. I gave it to Moto service they also said RSD & computer do not detect the phone and advised to change the board. It cost me 2000INR.

Did your phone get connected with the computer thru USB before flashing cm7?Did you try to flash with RSD from another computer? Do you hear any sound when you plug in your device?

P.S Use the latest RSD. It works seamless in my laptop with Windows7 x64 home basic.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any solution?

I have the same problem. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

just go to boot loader then connect phone to PC... RSd will detect it...

Sent from my MB526 using xda premium
    try using another version of rsd

Sent from my MB526 using xda premium
    Motorola defy rsd detect solved!!

Just try to search for MOTOROLA DEVICE MANAGER from motorola website and its done...Rsd lite will detect your device.:good::good: