[WatchApp] Countdown Timer - Count your Life! [V2.0 Now Out!]

Search This thread

Deoy

Jun 7, 2013
Ahmedabad
Countdown Timer​
As seen on XDA News!

Use v1.1 if your Firmware is not updated to 2.0. The Firmware 2.0 users can use v2.0. Updates will be coming soon :D

What is this App?
This app for pebble will let you set a countdown time. It supports upto 99 Hours and 59 Minutes. After the countdown time is over, Your watch will vibrate. It could be very useful in your daily routine.

How can you use it?
In the Gym
Counting how long it takes for things to ___ (pretty intresting:silly:)
Cooking:D

I'd like to give a BIG Thanks to Thomas Sarlandie for sending me a Pebble to play with! You Rock!

The file is attatched below.

Also, as a final note, don't forget to hit that thanks button :D

Code:
Changelog:
6/08/2013 - initial release (v0.1)
6/08/2013 - a few changes in the code (v0.1.1)
7/08/2013 - Fixed the header, now in 2 lines (v0.1.2)
[STRIKE]7/08/2013 - Changes in the code, tried to put 'countdown timer' in one line[experimental]. (v0.1.3)[/STRIKE]
8/08/2013 - Aggressive build (Faster), decreased title font side (now 14). (v1.0)
29/08/2013 - Renamed the title to 'Timer' so that it would fit. (v1.1)
15/11/2013 - Now compatible with the new firmware 2.0 (v2.0) :)
Next update - you suggest me.

Attachments

• countdown-v0.1.2.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:

PDAJ

May 30, 2009
Installed fine and works well, Thanks! Very useful app for my Pebble. The title at the top just shows "countdown ti...". This needs changing to two lines so it fits on the screen. If anything, maybe the digits could be a bit bigger.

Attachments

• pebble.jpg
    pebble.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 1,164
Last edited:

Deoy

Jun 7, 2013
Ahmedabad
Installed fine and works well, Thanks! Very useful app for my Pebble. The title at the top just shows "countdown ti...". This needs changing to two lines so it fits on the screen. If anything, maybe the digits could be a bit bigger.

Okay I'll take care of the header. And maybe the font size too. Also, if you could upload some pictures, because i havent seen my own app :3

PDAJ

May 30, 2009
Thanks for the update. Still not right though. This is what it looks like now.

Attachments

• pebble2.jpg
    pebble2.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 780
Last edited:

PDAJ

May 30, 2009
It looks like the title should fit, but strangely doesn't.

Attachments

• pebble3.jpg
    pebble3.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 706

Deoy

Jun 7, 2013
Ahmedabad
It looks like the title should fit, but strangely doesn't.

Seems like a bug in the SDK. I decreased the font size (was 18, now 14) should (fingers crossed) work. Now, it has an aggressive build, meaning the app will now become faster and reduce lags if there were any.

Last edited:

PDAJ

May 30, 2009
Seems like a bug in the SDK. I decreased the font size (was 18, now 14) should (fingers crossed) work. Now, it has an aggressive build, meaning the app will now become faster and reduce lags if there were any.

Definitely a bug. I'm still seeing "Countdown T..." :confused: Why does it do this? Can it be made to wrap to second line?

Other than this the app working good and fast

Attachments

• IMG_0066.JPG
    IMG_0066.JPG
    244.7 KB · Views: 611

dmjlabelle

Dec 1, 2011
Memphis
quick question. The timer works great by the way. Ok for my question; what is the watch face download? It doesn't seam to do anything. Am I missing something? Normally when I install different watch faces, I can switch to them. With this one, it isn't showing up in my list. What am I missing here, other then a brain!!!!

Deoy

Jun 7, 2013
Ahmedabad
quick question. The timer works great by the way. Ok for my question; what is the watch face download? It doesn't seam to do anything. Am I missing something? Normally when I install different watch faces, I can switch to them. With this one, it isn't showing up in my list. What am I missing here, other then a brain!!!!
Well, I dont own a Pebble. As far as I can guess, You download the .pbw and Put it on your phone. Then, load it to your pebble using the Pebble App. It will probably ask you to browse to to the pbw file. You could ask@PDAJ for help. He got it running.

PDAJ

May 30, 2009

This is not a Watch Face. It's a Watch App. You will find installed Watch Apps by pressing the right-middle button and scrolling down.

dmjlabelle

Dec 1, 2011
Memphis
This is not a Watch Face. It's a Watch App. You will find installed Watch Apps by pressing the right-middle button and scrolling down.

I get that. The app installed fine and works great. However on the first page you can download the countdown time and also a watch face. What's the face for? Is that what the first build was called, and as they progressed the name got changed? That's what it looks like to me, but if it's something different, I can't figure out what. Since it has a different name, I figured I would ask.

Thanks for the response though, all are welcome and helpful.

Deoy

Jun 7, 2013
Ahmedabad
I get that. The app installed fine and works great. However on the first page you can download the countdown time and also a watch face. What's the face for? Is that what the first build was called, and as they progressed the name got changed? That's what it looks like to me, but if it's something different, I can't figure out what. Since it has a different name, I figured I would ask.

Thanks for the response though, all are welcome and helpful.

No, the first download is a WatchApp. The default name after compiling shows as Watchface and i forgot to change that before uploading. Nothing else. Glad to hear the app works well. :D

nagato86

Jul 29, 2011
Casalbordino
hello everyone ... I just upgraded my pebble with 2.0 beta5 and now I can not install this app ... why?! everything else works perfectly.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 7 utilizzando Tapatalk

nagato86

Jul 29, 2011
Casalbordino
in the op v2.0 is compatible with firmware 2.0 ... but I can not send it to my pebble.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Countdown Timer​
    As seen on XDA News!

Use v1.1 if your Firmware is not updated to 2.0. The Firmware 2.0 users can use v2.0. Updates will be coming soon :D

What is this App?
    This app for pebble will let you set a countdown time. It supports upto 99 Hours and 59 Minutes. After the countdown time is over, Your watch will vibrate. It could be very useful in your daily routine.

How can you use it?
    In the Gym
    Counting how long it takes for things to ___ (pretty intresting:silly:)
    Cooking:D

I'd like to give a BIG Thanks to Thomas Sarlandie for sending me a Pebble to play with! You Rock!

The file is attatched below.

Also, as a final note, don't forget to hit that thanks button :D

Code:
    Changelog:
    6/08/2013 - initial release (v0.1)
    6/08/2013 - a few changes in the code (v0.1.1)
    7/08/2013 - Fixed the header, now in 2 lines (v0.1.2)
    [STRIKE]7/08/2013 - Changes in the code, tried to put 'countdown timer' in one line[experimental]. (v0.1.3)[/STRIKE]
    8/08/2013 - Aggressive build (Faster), decreased title font side (now 14). (v1.0)
    29/08/2013 - Renamed the title to 'Timer' so that it would fit. (v1.1)
    15/11/2013 - Now compatible with the new firmware 2.0 (v2.0) :)
    Next update - you suggest me.
    I reinstalled the latest stable version on my pebble (1.x) and I tried to install the 2.0 of this app and it works ...

Inviato dal mio Nexus 7 utilizzando Tapatalk
    Uh, Guys, Sorry for the mistake. I accidentally uploaded the v1 as a Version 2. I'll try to update to version 2 as soon as I reach home from vacations. Sorry for the inconvenience.