[Q] HTC One home made usb otg gone horribly wrong

Search This thread
Okay so I made (tried to make) a USB OTG cable by taking the metal off the outside of the USB connector, then cutting and reconnecting the cable with red on black and green on white so it would be the same polarity as a female USB. i plugged a flash drive up and nothing happened.
Here is where my retarded moment comes in: I HOOKED IT UP TO THE COMPUTER WITH THE POLARITY REVERSED!!!!
Now it wont even boot up. :crying:
I have a HTC One (AT&T).
PLEASE HELP!!!

I also don't want to send it back because this will be the third phone in 3 months (1st: xperia tl soft bricked returned 2nd: xperia tl hard bricked returned 3rd: i hope it will still work, but i need your help). . i will take ANYTHING except for taking it apart (that's why there is geek squad but that costs money and I'm broke).
if i need to go into more detail i will but please tell me or else i wont know.

wires:
red----------black
white----------green
black----------red
green----------white

Last edited:

CtrlAltDelIrl

Mar 7, 2012
Oh dear! You've lived up to your name anyway. The phone is frazzled!

Next time get a schematic of the cable wiring or buy a cable. It'll be cheaper in the end.

Your phone shop should replace the phone though - just don't tell them your story ;)

Next time get a schematic of the cable wiring or buy a cable. It'll be cheaper in the end.

Your phone shop should replace the phone though - just don't tell them your story ;)

that is not what i wanted to hear but thank you anyways. :crying: :crying:
maybe since it wont boot up at&t wont have any way to know about the unlocked bootloader and cyanogenmod (they let me get a new phone for free even after rooting and bricking both my xperia tl's. All i had to do was say that the update broke itor the battery wouldn't hold any charge.) But I JUST got it two or three days ago so I feel very crappy now.
at least i have google voice on my computer and kindle fire.
WHY DIDN'T I WATCH THE STUPID VIDEO!!!! the answer is i am a freaking idiot.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.